TGAV2 (StarLite) Coming Soon

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Id strongly suggest taking this to open beta. You obviously have alot of problems still. Get as much feedback as possible, take it down and fix it all up and re-launch afresh. Maybe youll get back some of the hype and the playerbase it most probably will deserve.

If you continue like this it will always be a shame cause of a stuttering launch, and you will always be playing catch up with fixes and tweaks.

danboss

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 2, 2003
The remaining players, myself included, are helping to find bugs as we go along. From what I can see, fixes are coming in regularly.

When you have a server with custom content there will always been a few teething issues here and there.

holygala

LOMCN n00bie
Mar 24, 2012
make it that taos get free amulet everytime they log in as it was on tga , since the amulets are lost when you log/lag out

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
The remaining players, myself included, are helping to find bugs as we go along. From what I can see, fixes are coming in regularly.

When you have a server with custom content there will always been a few teething issues here and there.

And that is exactly why closed or open beta is absolutely neccesary. You simply cannot test anywhere near as much as 2 or 3 people as you will will 50 random users logging on and trying all sorts of different things.

The end all is, the server had and still does have great potential, but the launch has been marred. Call whatever has happened in the last few weeks beta and have a proper launch. Nobody wants to come start a server that is riddled with bugs. Just my opinion.

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
And that is exactly why closed or open beta is absolutely neccesary. You simply cannot test anywhere near as much as 2 or 3 people as you will will 50 random users logging on and trying all sorts of different things.

The end all is, the server had and still does have great potential, but the launch has been marred. Call whatever has happened in the last few weeks beta and have a proper launch. Nobody wants to come start a server that is riddled with bugs. Just my opinion.

Would you care to elaborate what bugs you have found? No server can eliminate all potential bugs anyway, sometimes it can take months to uncover a bug. Has anyone used a bug to gain an advantage? I ask because i'm not aware. All I see you do is criticizing this server

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Im not criticizing the server pal, i want it to do well. I do not play this server as i played it from "launch" before the wipe and the bugs there were game breaking. I was able to 1 hit every boss ingame cause Rage would stack on itself, as would ProField and BattleCry or w/e(Forgot name).

My opinions are coming from someone looking now, from the outside. Seeing alot of problems and such isnt very attractive to any game, let alone Mir. And the fact that this hasnt had a BETA puts me off playing it anyway. If the mentioned bugs happened before (due to no testing) they will potentially happen again. I, and im sure not many others, wanna put effort in again to find someone found and exploited a bug and got a massive advantage.

Again, i wish this server well and helped the team alot when i did play, but you MUST test what you have created before live.

nic0666

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 19, 2012
Im not criticizing the server pal, i want it to do well. I do not play this server as i played it from "launch" before the wipe and the bugs there were game breaking. I was able to 1 hit every boss ingame cause Rage would stack on itself, as would ProField and BattleCry or w/e(Forgot name).

My opinions are coming from someone looking now, from the outside. Seeing alot of problems and such isnt very attractive to any game, let alone Mir. And the fact that this hasnt had a BETA puts me off playing it anyway. If the mentioned bugs happened before (due to no testing) they will potentially happen again. I, and im sure not many others, wanna put effort in again to find someone found and exploited a bug and got a massive advantage.

Again, i wish this server well and helped the team alot when i did play, but you MUST test what you have created before live.

Only bugs i have noticed whilst my brief time in game was that the chestnut trees have foxes sound when spawn on map and that need an option to show item names on floor from drops as many will miss as dont hang around to collect if its not obvious an item has dropped.

Need lvl 22 armours in stores as i still only have a lvl 16 medium armour and am lvl 29 at moment.

Any item collection list available at what is currently ingame ?

Server looks good at moment although keeps crashing me out every 20 mins or so.

The music is nice for a change as i am not used to any mir 2 with decent background sounds.

If i noted this in the wrong place then i am sorry as just started on server.

nic0666

---------- Post Merged at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Only bugs i have noticed whilst my brief time in game was that the chestnut trees have foxes sound when spawn on map and that need an option to show item names on floor from drops as many will miss as dont hang around to collect if its not obvious an item has dropped.

Need lvl 22 armours in stores as i still only have a lvl 16 medium armour and am lvl 29 at moment.

The music is nice for a change as i am not used to any mir 2 with decent background sounds.

nic0666

Server is offline and i took afternoon off to play more :( Please advise on projected uptime of server plz

Blizzard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 3, 2005
You can show item names on floor by pressing ctrl + tab to turn it on. The medium armour is best armour up until 40/50+ so I'd keep it on.

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
Heroes

Myth/Lifco I feel that heroes are kinda useless at the moment their skill books barely drop I have hunted countless bosses from wt - bichon lord, and I am yet to receive a skill book for my hero. They barely do any damage without any skills rendering them useless, you don't even see many people attempting to use them anymore :(

danboss

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 2, 2003

nic0666

---------- Post Merged at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Server is offline and i took afternoon off to play more :( Please advise on projected uptime of server plz
Download the latest EXE:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
You should really get an auto patcher setup. Having to find a post with the latest exe every day is just a pain

Skepta

Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Would you care to elaborate what bugs you have found? No server can eliminate all potential bugs anyway, sometimes it can take months to uncover a bug. Has anyone used a bug to gain an advantage? I ask because i'm not aware. All I see you do is criticizing this server

Well where to start... Server advertised ( NO BETA NEEDED ) so no wiped obviously this mean's, so we all log on get leveling before the end of the first night about 8 hours into the server one warrior on the server is one hitting everybody even wizz's through shield with the War's AOE skill Crash, later that day i was hunting and found everytime i casted rage it didn't take the dc back so obviously he'd kept casting rage and had like constant 20-30k dc i would say also protectionfield worked so wariror wasn't getting hit. Instead of a straight up WIPE which should of happend he took he skill's out let people have advantage for another 1-2 day's then decided to wipe.

So here we are now 2nd non wipe beta or w.e **** this is, all looked very promising drops was better, skills was taken out no bug's to be seen, then i find out people have these EXP ring that have been dropping way 2 easy off stupidly easy mob's people have been explioted to get X2 exp constant which stacked on a exp pot so some people had X4 exp at all time's and was obviousy one point 2 people was level 90 and everybody else was struggling to hit 70, yet nothing was done about this either they both still remain in the game.

Many more bugs but i cbf to type them out.

Airstrike

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 8, 2012
Not quite sure why there's still posts here of people crying about different things. (From people who don't even play!)

The Rage/ProField stacking obviously needed a wipe and that's what happened. The people who exploited the Exp Rings aren't even playing any more and everyone else who's kept playing for a few days has caught/overtaken them on levels already anyway. The rings were removed and certain players de-leveled.

For new players: Just jump on and play. Getting 90+ isn't hard and doesn't take very long.

MythRohan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
Northant's Town : Serious Gamer
Re: Heroes

Myth/Lifco I feel that heroes are kinda useless at the moment their skill books barely drop I have hunted countless bosses from wt - bichon lord, and I am yet to receive a skill book for my hero. They barely do any damage without any skills rendering them useless, you don't even see many people attempting to use them anymore :(

thanks for this input into heroes.
im redoing the whole drop system today so , i plan to have alot more books about BUT!

here is a list of the skill the heroes can ONLY use:

;War
1/1700 Fencing
1/1700 Slaying
1/1700 Thrusting
1/1000 Halfmoon
1/1000 ShoulderDash
1/1700 Entrapment
1/1700 TwinDrakeBlade
1/1700 FlamingSword
1/1700 CrossHalfMoon
1/1700 BladeAvalanche
1/1700 Crash

;Wiz
1/1700 FireBall
1/1700 Repulsion
1/1700 HellFire
1/1700 Thunderbolt
1/1700 GreatFireball
1/1700 FireBang
1/1700 FireWall
1/1000 Lightning
1/1000 ThunderStorm
1/1000 MagicShield
1/1700 Vamperism
1/1700 IceStorm
1/1700 FlameDisruptor

;Tao
1/1700 Healing
1/1700 SpiritSword
1/1700 Poisoning
1/1700 SoulFireBall
1/1700 Hiding
1/1700 SoulShield
1/1700 BlessedArmour
1/1700 Purification
1/1700 MassHealing
1/1700 UltimateEnhancer
1/1700 Curse

---------- Post Merged at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Well where to start... Server advertised ( NO BETA NEEDED ) so no wiped obviously this mean's, so we all log on get leveling before the end of the first night about 8 hours into the server one warrior on the server is one hitting everybody even wizz's through shield with the War's AOE skill Crash, later that day i was hunting and found everytime i casted rage it didn't take the dc back so obviously he'd kept casting rage and had like constant 20-30k dc i would say also protectionfield worked so wariror wasn't getting hit. Instead of a straight up WIPE which should of happend he took he skill's out let people have advantage for another 1-2 day's then decided to wipe.

So here we are now 2nd non wipe beta or w.e **** this is, all looked very promising drops was better, skills was taken out no bug's to be seen, then i find out people have these EXP ring that have been dropping way 2 easy off stupidly easy mob's people have been explioted to get X2 exp constant which stacked on a exp pot so some people had X4 exp at all time's and was obviousy one point 2 people was level 90 and everybody else was struggling to hit 70, yet nothing was done about this either they both still remain in the game.

Many more bugs but i cbf to type them out.

yes many you can name... and many i can wipe out...
how can you say nothing is being done...
When me and lifco work from early til sometimes 6am every night...

how about you keep your bull**** to yourself

you point is meaningless... if your not playing i suggest do one..

and let the current players speak for themselves on the server and what needs fixing next..

so it put it kindly...

---------- Post Merged at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:04 PM ----------

You should really get an auto patcher setup. Having to find a post with the latest exe every day is just a pain

This will all be set up once the website is settled..

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
Re: Heroes

;War
1/1700 Fencing
1/1700 Slaying
1/1700 Thrusting
1/1000 Halfmoon
1/1000 ShoulderDash
1/1700 Entrapment
1/1700 TwinDrakeBlade
1/1700 FlamingSword
1/1700 CrossHalfMoon
1/1700 BladeAvalanche
1/1700 Crash

;Wiz
1/1700 FireBall
1/1700 Repulsion
1/1700 HellFire
1/1700 Thunderbolt
1/1700 GreatFireball
1/1700 FireBang
1/1700 FireWall
1/1000 Lightning
1/1000 ThunderStorm
1/1000 MagicShield
1/1700 Vamperism
1/1700 IceStorm
1/1700 FlameDisruptor

;Tao
1/1700 Healing
1/1700 SpiritSword
1/1700 Poisoning
1/1700 SoulFireBall
1/1700 Hiding
1/1700 SoulShield
1/1700 BlessedArmour
1/1700 Purification
1/1700 MassHealing
1/1700 UltimateEnhancer
1/1700 Curse

Why is lightning, thunderstorm and magic shield more common than say fireball? Its the same for the warrior spells, shoulder dash and halfmoon drop more often than fencing?

I haven't played the server, but those drop rates look completely wrong in my opinion. You've got noob spells with the same drop chance as your strongest spell.

Dk

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Some spells appear missing also, when i played i got FlameField from the Lvl70 cave boss. Doesnt appear on that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.