Not open for further replies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
1591964729755.png

The Games

Over the past few weeks, I (by I, I mean @Lilcooldoode ) has managed to get in game the ability to play NPC's. Not only that but we now have all the rules from the original minus WALL, and the trade rules, (players still use TradeRule ONE, but NPCS have no trade rules at all)

What this does is open up so many options its difficult to know where to start. So we will start with the massive update coming soon to the server.

Every Region will have its own RuleSet that NPCS play by, to play an NPC click its TripleTriad button next to the Quest Button on the NPC's Dialog

1591964438277.png

Each NPC has its own set of cards it uses to play from and just like you it will choose 5 random ones to play with.

The following RuleSets are in place in these provinces:

BichonProvince uses the STANDARD RuleSet
MongchonProvince uses the SAME RuleSet
Woomyon North/South use the PLUS RuleSet
PrajnaIsland uses the SAME/PLUS RuleSet

Please note that SAME, PLUS, SAME/PLUS can trigger the side effect of COMBO when turning cards, The COMBO effect only utilises the STANDARD RuleSet when flipped.

Other NPCs around the game world will use a variey of rulesets.

I am currently writing in a card game for EVERY Human type NPC in game and they all come with different rewards.

NPC's can have any one of 3 different types of games. The RuleSet used is always shown to the right of the CardGames Name.

1591964486608.png

General
1591964367687.png
These CardGames can only be played an WON once. If you lose you may try again, but once you win, it wont appear again.

Daily
1591964542881.png
These CardGames can be played once a day if you WIN or LOSE thats it, you will have to come back tomorrow to retry it.

Repeatable
1591964595767.png
These CardGames can be played as many times as you wish.

The TripleTriad BUFF

Coming soon will be the CardAlbum Buff. If your card album has a completed page you will gain +4% to Drop/Gold/Exp(this stacks with the subscribers buff and any other buffs you have active).

This will stack for every page in your album that is complete. Up to a total of 32%

1591964954583.png

Thats not all.....

The Golden Cards

Cards drop with RNG stats added to them, but there is a cap, reaching that cap on the stats will result in being given a GOLDEN version of the card

1591965343655.png

Filling your Album pages with Golden Cards will result in your TripleTriadBuff turning into +10% per completed page!

Rankings
Winning against NPC's will see you gain points, losses will see you lose points. These points cant be used for a variety of things. you can use them to purchase items from a special Card NPC.

Upon reaching a certain threshold of points you will be given a title.

I hope your looking forward to this update as much as i am!

If your not sure of the rulesets and how they work then visit this link for some information. You should only concern yourself with the Same, Plus and Combo rules and information.

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014
Awesome update as a serious FF8 fanatic its amazing to see its TT game realised in Mir 2. Can’t wait to give this a try!

Any plans to have your cards account wide rather than character specific?

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019
Love this, also loved lcds idea of making the cards real. I wud certainly buy them 😍

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014
View attachment 23310
These CardGames can only be played an WON once. If you lose you may try again, but once you win, it wont appear again.

In this instance, will the quest re-appear if you happened to lose the card in another battle or is it gone forever?

Just it might discourage people from playing once they have a complete page knowing rare NPC cards will not be possible to get again, making it easier to collect cards then not play rather than keep playing and risk losing them and never being able to complete a page again.

fmtf_

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 13, 2015
Oh my lord, why hasnt this been done on Mir before? FF8 is the best in the series imo, with half the reason down to this game alone. Dont even play MIR2 but will consider playing this just for Triple Triad. Can we Item Refine? ^_^ sorry i didnt read it all.

• Sad
Reactions: Pete107

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014
Oh my lord, why hasnt this been done on Mir before? FF8 is the best in the series imo, with half the reason down to this game alone. Dont even play MIR2 but will consider playing this just for Triple Triad. Can we Item Refine? ^_^ sorry i didnt read it all.

Oh god could you imaging if @Sanjian added a CardMod NPC that you had to fight a "Diablos" boss first to use

Reactions: Belle

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014
Defo doable!! This shud be the way to get the trine/Sanjian/lcd cards!

Wonder which card you would have to Mod to get it :p can't wait to have this update!

Would be nice to have the deck expanded past the initial 8 pages too especially as new content and caves are added!

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019
Wonder which card you would have to Mod to get it :p can't wait to have this update!

Would be nice to have the deck expanded past the initial 8 pages too especially as new content and caves are added!
I’m up for kicking lcds ass again 🎣

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Oh god could you imaging if @Sanjian added a CardMod NPC that you had to fight a "Diablos" boss first to use
this is possible, you could play an npc at cards, if you win you goto a fight with a mob and the mob can drop the card. not that difficult at all with how it all works now :)

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
I argue FF7 is the best in the series.

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014
I argue FF7 is the best in the series.

And you would be wrong :P 7's story was average at best its just been subject to over-hype for over two decades and excessive fan swooning and lip service from Square. In fact its story in the original FF7 was so under baked they had to produce additional games to fill in all of the blanks that were left in its wake.

Reactions: Reverance

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
i grew up playing the FF, and for me X is my favourite in terms of story, gameplay, graphics, everything about 10 just worked.. for me.

• Love

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
BichonProvince now has npcs with card games which you may now start collecting.

Monday mornings reboot will see the CardBuff which is altered to 2% per page and 5% for a golden page

Last edited:

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014
Loving this mini expansion :D great addition!

Anyone figured out how to get the Gold Tier Class Master cards?

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019
Can’t yet can we, don’t even have a normal gold card yet 😂

ps buying rtz card 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.