The Path to Redemption

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

emmille

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 28, 2007
What is Redemption
Redemption is a 2.3 Server based on TheDeath's files.

What Makes Redemption Different?
Redemption will offer loads of features that you will not see on other servers. Some of these features include the following.

Quest Npc
The Quest Npc will show you details on all your quests, they will let you know if you have completed them, if you have started them, your progress through them. If you recieve hints from other npcs to help you on the quest it will be recorded by the quest npc and you can check whenever you like. Of course there will be certain quests that the NPC wont help you with.

Recorded Stats
On our server you will be able to check almost any sorts of stats about yourself.
We record how many mobs you have killed, you can check anything from how many Hens, Omas or Oma Kings that you have killed. To the amount of Times you have Died, Been resurected, Spoken to an NPC, Cast a Spell and even Used a potion.

Hunting Areas
We have hunting areas that have never been attempted in other servers before, You can enter Rogue Cave. In here there is no set spawn times, There is no set mobs. You will not be allowed to take any items into the cave with you. However what makes this cave so Special is that everything in here is random, your group can help its cause by being Cautious, but If one of your team Casts the wrong Spell, Makes a wrong move or picks up the wrong item your Group could be punished and be attacked by 10 of the strongest mobs in the game, or rewarded with a gift.

Originality
We aim to keep everything as original as possible, Bichon, Mudwall etc wont be your homezones, in fact they are swarming with mobs and only the highest of levels should dwell there. The whole game will be based around the new home that the humans have found.

Quests
We are trying to get as many quests as possible for the server, we wont be throwing the normal Quests most servers do at you.

Bored of hunting? Try some of our other Features.
We will be bringing you lots of different activities to keep you busy if you are bored of hunting. If you need a rest from levelling, maybe you should visit the gambling NPC. This extremely detailed NPC can offer you several games, try your hand at Blackjack, Roullette, Texas Holdem Poker and Of course our own unique lottery.

Events
Most people play servers at different times, because of this certain people will always loose out on events because they are online at different times than the GM's. To battle this we have built one of the largest NPC scripts i have ever made, Events can be started by any player at any time, however you must collect event points to do this. So if you think you will loose out by being online at 3am instead of 6pm, just get enough points and start your own event.

To expand on this, Event Points will be earned by completing quests, killing certain amounts of mobs, collecting a certain amount of gold, reaching a certain stat / level, hunting in certain areas and many other ways. The event NPC you can build your own custom event from several different criterias including, The area you want the event to happen in, What you want to happen, When you want it to happen. However unfortunatly the events will be declared to the entire server so you cant keep all them mobs to yourself.

Pimp my Homezone
In believing that the players are always right, we have our very own system that will allow you to purchase upgrades to the Homezone. When the server first opens it will have all the necessities that any server needs. However if you think the server needs a teleport option to a certain King Room, why not save up with your friends and purchase one.

This system is also in effects for Guild Territories, you can buy practically anything you can think of for your guild Territories, You could upgrade your Guilds Mine, which yields better more valuable Ore, Or treat your members to double exp for a certain amount of time.

High Stats? Low Stats? Normal Pots? Instant Pots? We cater for all!
On our server you may get bored levelling the same way, But dont worry, you can always visit one of our NPC's who will Let you Borrow some of his High stat items, Instant Pots and Visit some new areas. Don't think these will help you when fighting against players without the high stats, as you may find the dont work any more.

Every One is Different
We know that every one likes different things, which is why we are trying to cram as much into the server as possible. There will be ways for people to level and collect items by doing more than just swinging a mace at a mob

Different Classes
You all know the classes and what they offer, here are the actual differences made by the server.

Warriors - You start on the server the same as any server, Warriors are granted more powerful base stats than the other Classes, This means the more you level, the more damage hp and mp you will have without having to buy a single item, You get a stat increase at every level instead of the normal 7.

Wizzards - Wizzards are well known for the Damage they can do, and that there pets can do, The lazy wizard can go to the pet npc and purchase some pets that will do the job. The more daring wizards can enter 'Pet Cave', entering pet cave alone is a very dangerous thing, however the pets that can be tamed in here will make it worth your while.

Taoists - What is a taoists biggest problem? You've guessed it, there a pain in the arse to level so to make playing your taoist more interesting you have a choice of up to 7 different pets that you can summon to help you (not all at once mind), not only this, but taoists also recieve more experience points than any of the other classes, if you kill the same mob as a wizard or a warrior, you will get more exp than either of them.

More information to Follow
http://www.rmir2.net/forum

Last edited:

emmille

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 28, 2007
Well this sounds very good to me...what will the experience be like? you kno that yet?

The EXP will be completly redone from level 1 so it will be nothing like euro mir. Will be trying to make it so you can get level 50 in about 1-2 weeks though.

snagglepus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2006
lol dought ne 1 will play but server does sound wicked an i would play but every 1 these days like high rate servers....
other from that server look very neat and just wonderin if u got msn and if u have emmily then add [email protected]

emmille

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 28, 2007
didnt insult him at all, he said that what he posted should impress people, i just pointed out why i didnt impress me, as i said on other thread i may be wrong and the server may be amazing.

As for the poker, if you think how to do it proper, doing it against an npc is easy, however im planning on doing it in a group of players so people can sit in SZ and play poker. And hopefully other people will be able to watcg them.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
well sounds u got some good ideas and the makins for a good server, question is will u be able 2 actually implement all these ideas.

have u actually started work on it? or u just startin now? ne sorta rough ETA?

all im gonna say is, if u can back up everything u say, then server should be good, but we'll see, some ppl r all talk. and after slatin meteora, u rly need 2 make it good or ur gonna look a bit silly.

emmille

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 28, 2007
Nothing in there is impossible, you can achieve a lot if you have to imagination to implement it. Everything i stated was possible on a 1.9 server, ive still not looked what i can do with the new 2.3 commands (still need to convert all my 1.9 data to 2.3 once i get the bloody DB working)

ETA not really decided atm, all depends how fast i can code and how fast i can find a cheap host etc.

Those above are just some of the features, there will be a lot more of them aswell. I try to automate as much as possible so more can be done without GM presence, such as events etc.

Edit @ snuggle, i dont use msn in work.

snagglepus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2006
ok and 1 more fing what time are we looking at the server being up for beta ??

Snagg

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
well the ideas do sound good, ive seen a few of the ideas on previous servers and were pretty good, such as the quest NPC ive seen before. its a good thing 2 have, most servers these days have loads of 'secrets' but never any hints 2 the place, so they are never found, such a waste.

the High Stats? Low Stats? Normal Pots? Instant Pots? is a good idea, i can see ur tryin 2 attracte all types of the community which could potentialy bring in quite a few players.

different class thing is good 2, just make sure its actually balanced, i know ur makin taos lvl faster and that, but thats a taos weakness, take away there weakness and it becomes unbalanced if u know wot i mean

but ne way, does sound like a good server, ill give it ago when tis actually up

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
ok and 1 more fing what time are we looking at the server being up for beta ??

Snagg

why did u jsut post that when right above u hes jsut given an ETA? and its not like u posted the same time, was 4mins appart...

ETA not really decided atm, all depends how fast i can code and how fast i can find a cheap host etc.

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Well, this server sounds different lol. Its good to see servers with different features and i will give it a try when its up and good luck with it :)

/Xian

emmille

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 28, 2007
Managed to get the database working (thanks to TD) and found my old 1.9 files, so now its a case of converting them to 2.3 and adding many new features.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
i do hate it when ppl post about servers like 1-2months before they are ready -.- u know this thread will jsut get spamed with "ETA?" "whens server online?" etc over and over -.-

but, if u alrdy for the files jsut gotta convert em and add some new features, would u say servers like 60-70% done?

emmille

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 28, 2007
im going to get it done asap.

I have next week off work so i can get loads done then.