The4Heroes Is Down

Join Discord

GilgaMesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 12, 2004
St Helens
We have decided to take down the server whilst it go's under a major rework.

At the end of the rework there should be

- New maps
- New Items
- New NPC's never before seen in any private servers
- Exp Sorted to a good level (It will not be high EXP)
- Renaming nearly everything
- Possibly our own Gui ( you know how much things to change there are in these things ><)
- Drop files Re-Worked
- A new server name ( Because the4heroes was orignally spawns name, since we removed him from the team for abusing gm powers we decided to give the server a new name)
- Plus more stuff that i have'nt mentioned

Where working hard to get the server back up for Friday but please don't hold us to this. Plus im sorry to all those people who played previously as there will be a full wipe.

Hope you all like it when its done.

Last edited:

daniejam

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 4, 2004
i wont be rejoining then as some 1 is lvl 42/43 and others mainly lvl 33 so its gonna be unfair on lower exp...

GilgaMesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 12, 2004
St Helens
thats part of the reason where wiping the database, with the new setting's we have anyone who is high now has a unfair advantage. this is for the better if you don't return your loss im afraid.

n3wb1e

Anyone on the server who is already high has worked to be high therefore wiping the server after a recent wipe already is unfair on those who worked hard to get those lvls.

GilgaMesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 12, 2004
St Helens
That is the reason for the wipe, the fact that ppl where that high a level in a short amount of time wasn't good, don't want a server where you max out really fast.

daniejam

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 4, 2004
GilgaMesh said:
That is the reason for the wipe, the fact that ppl where that high a level in a short amount of time wasn't good, don't want a server where you max out really fast.

how can u max out when highest was lvl 43? and top lvl is 255. care to explain?

GilgaMesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 12, 2004
St Helens
Well 43 is classed as high at the moment, plus people had really good items which where to easily found

Lothomadric

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 19, 2003
Bichon-Wall, With Bob the Chef
daniejam said:
how can u max out when highest was lvl 43? and top lvl is 255. care to explain?

there just trying to make excuses.......
Its because the server filez were not owned by them in the first place, so if they add a load of stuff and wipe the database, then it can no-longer be owned/stolen from someone.

Also, (Not Flaming, just a question..) if you tested your server before you put it up, surely you would of worked out that people were lvling to fast on the server...??

/Warlord

AlphaTrace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 27, 2003
Newcastle'ish
Maybe the tests simply weren't thougher enough, therefore they didn't realise. Personally I see it as a good thing, as people were leveling way too fast therefore the server would not have lasted very long - making it less fun to play. However now that they have realised they're mistakes they are doing everything to correct them, I dont know what there is to complain about :S

GilgaMesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 12, 2004
St Helens
Lothomadric said:
there just trying to make excuses.......
Its because the server filez were not owned by them in the first place, so if they add a load of stuff and wipe the database, then it can no-longer be owned/stolen from someone.

Also, (Not Flaming, just a question..) if you tested your server before you put it up, surely you would of worked out that people were lvling to fast on the server...??

/Warlord

No excuse's are being made, The files that where reportedly stolen where basic alphafrozen files with a few things that Angel (the current head gm on the team) added himself. The only thing this that was in those files that where spawns where his own armour which was a copy of Angels work and renamed. Just to clear this up again they ain't stolen, i agreed to host this server under some strict rules, these rules where agreed upon by all the team, we also agreed that anyone who broke the rules would go.

In answer to your non-flame, if you had taken the time to read our website homepage you will notice the server was classed as in Beta, now to me beta means testing and bugs where found and are being fixed.