This Mir looks amazing!

Join Discord

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Sadly the maps they are using are single layer, so you literally walk over buildings :D.

You can get most the assets they use from Baidu

MoltenDrip

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2012
Colorado
I was able to download and extract the full client; Had to change the Chinese symbols in the main .exe in order for extraction to work.

Login screen is very similar to Conquera, but that's as far as I could get. There was a lot of this ??????????????????, around the loading bar and start button, so I assumed it was something having to do with obtaining the right IP, could not find where the IP address was located.

Their are 10+ more files that have to be downloaded, inscription content, but I was not able to replace the Chinese symbols for these files.

It was worth a shot.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
breez we need those maps and items - go on and work!

If they are as bad as stated, i.e literally walking over buildings, then they are useless.

It's not so bad when you need to cut up the odd object here n' there, but for whole maps, it would take forever.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
If they are as bad as stated, i.e literally walking over buildings, then they are useless.

It's not so bad when you need to cut up the odd object here n' there, but for whole maps, it would take forever.

There is a work around, requires a polygon tool and some fancy code.

I'll leave it as that though.

DjDarkBoyZ

Dev
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2006
127.Ø.Ø.1
The exe is packed, inside launcher as a raw file and i see a dll too, can be opened if u track the hash from launcher.
All the exe is virtualized (have a VM inside), i can unpack but only work for my HWID due VM...
Inside i see all the library calls when load ect once unvirtualized :D the exe is builded in delphi before pack.

Time ago i dont have that fun :D but that get me only 10 mins entertained :(

P.S: libraries looks good, but im busy now with last mir3 kor WTL :D that remember me to old times, ppl cracking mir for play and enjoy :D

I hope for someone that info helps ;)

• Haha
Reactions: zedina

DjDarkBoyZ

Dev
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2006
127.Ø.Ø.1
Now i have unpacked & unvirtualized the exe, but only works in my HWID due VM unpacking.
i can see the asm code for decode pak files, i have seen they use BC5 format on asm.

Edit: just seen a Vector decoder, for vector images? and i have seen they hav added mir3 compatibility and some files call but not exist, probably for next patches they add libraries.

mir3-libs.png

Interesant :D

Last edited:
Reactions: zedina and Chriz

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Wow that’s great! Any way that can be used by us amateurs? I would love to rip apart them pak files.

We already got all unpacked (latest pak version) + Conquera Meshes ... Winter is coming ... Hope my carrots can make it through

unknown.png

Reactions: Chriz

BloodDemon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 20, 2003
Darlington, UK
We already got all unpacked (latest pak version) + Conquera Meshes ... Winter is coming ... Hope my carrots can make it through

unknown.png

You big teeze!

I really hope you will at least throw us a bone carrot here. Did you write the unpacker or was it acquired?

• Haha
Reactions: Chriz

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
You big teeze!

I really hope you will at least throw us a bone carrot here. Did you write the unpacker or was it acquired?

@DjDarkBoyZ created a new lib viewer/editor for pak files.

At this fair moment we are focusing all our energy on the mir3 server hence we got the latest WTL format too as we pushing by december a new set of files that are fully oriented on GSP-Korean mechanics (using ASM and virtual memory) , but however if theres enough demand in the market we can start up a 3d project.

We already got a full backbone of a old 3d unreal engine server-client + sources + certificates which just needs some small adjustments for the Conquera mechancis + adaption of the source libraries.

Reactions: DjDarkBoyZ

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
@DjDarkBoyZ created a new lib viewer/editor for pak files.

At this fair moment we are focusing all our energy on the mir3 server hence we got the latest WTL format too as we pushing by december a new set of files that are fully oriented on GSP-Korean mechanics (using ASM and virtual memory) , but however if theres enough demand in the market we can start up a 3d project.

I honestly think, if a 3D Mir Project was done right it would be amazing.
Not sure if other people agree but as long as it keeps that "Mir Feeling"!

Reactions: DjDarkBoyZ

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I honestly think, if a 3D Mir Project was done right it would be amazing.
Not sure if other people agree but as long as it keeps that "Mir Feeling"!

To be blunt with you and the community. Since the server opening (PledgeOfBlood) we had in mind to set up a 3d server after (mir3 oriented) so we have both 2d and 3d.

At this moment we are focusing on PoB latest files Dragon, and then by xmas we will start pursuing the 3d since we been collecting data/images/libraries for over 2 years on the 3d project.

Conquera was amazing, i did not played it but however i saw some videos on youtube. Europeans had bad connectivity on Conquera due high ping and using wtfast.

Atm we got the biggest mir discord (over 1k) and i think we can unite both universes (2D and 3D mir3) on same platform. Just needs time and dedication.

PS : i hate C++

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
To be blunt with you and the community. Since the server opening (PledgeOfBlood) we had in mind to set up a 3d server after (mir3 oriented) so we have both 2d and 3d.

At this moment we are focusing on PoB latest files Dragon, and then by xmas we will start pursuing the 3d since we been collecting data/images/libraries for over 2 years on the 3d project.

Conquera was amazing, i did not played it but however i saw some videos on youtube. Europeans had bad connectivity on Conquera due high ping and using wtfast.

Atm we got the biggest mir discord (over 1k) and i think we can unite both universes (2D and 3D mir3) on same platform. Just needs time and dedication.

PS : i hate C++

Sounds really good, glad there are still people pushing 'the boat out' for the Mir Fans!

If you do continue with a 3d project (whenever it may be) you will definitely need to have a post dedicated to updates etc to showcase it!

Reactions: zedina