thoughts on my interface so far?

Fire

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 15, 2003
that interface is actually starting to look quite nice now, considering im not a fan of mir3 style bars at the bottom.

maybe have an exp bar, possibly a map name?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
exp bar runs along the full length of the interface (cant really see since i dont have an exp on this char)

and the map name and position is where the minimap is (hidden by my char status)

Richens

LOMCN VIP (Mapper)
VIP
Jul 28, 2004
UK - Midlands
Don't suppose it's possible if you hover your mouse over a mob or player that you can bring up their stats down in that space at the bottom?

If not then in there i would put one of the following:
Time and Date?
Amount of Gold and current status?
Maybe if its possible to move the health bars and status to the left a bit, you could put a minimized chat box that shows 3 chat lines, just keeping you updated on shoutouts etc when u dont want the big chat box out?
Something that lets the player know wether its night or day, that sign could go along side the time and date maybe?
And maybe just put a sound panel in there with stupid noises you can just make, or an mp3 player? ^__^

Wotcha think?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
some nice ideas. all sounds easyish to do. apart from the mob stats, that cld take abit of work.

Time and Date?
- i had this ther, but looked poor quality so removed it

Amount of Gold and current status?
- what do you mean current status?

Maybe if its possible to move the health bars and status to the left a bit, you could put a minimized chat box that shows 3 chat lines, just keeping you updated on shoutouts etc when u dont want the big chat box out?
- thats a nice idea, i might try and do that. (but what wld go there when you use the larger chat box)

Turtle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2003
in a box
i'd say put the time and map back in like in ur orginal post farphit

i think richens means make the text box a minimize button which would cut its height by half, so you see more of the screen

Richens

LOMCN VIP (Mapper)
VIP
Jul 28, 2004
UK - Midlands
Well when your press the minimize button it auto puts it down there in that space.

When its not minimized i'd put the Time and Date, Amount of Gold, and if your a Begger or what ever.. Tis what i meant by status.

Keep us updated Farphit, i like this interface. Keep it up!

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
lol. ill update you soon. i havnt got any time to do anything with it this week. got too much uni work.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
heres not really an update. just wanted to show it all nice and colourful

images14kf7.png

will try and get the status done today (will take a second since iv got them done just commented them out)

need the blank bit altering tho, since just adding text there looks tacky imo.

if anyones good at editing pics (iv bin doing it all in paint lol) then i welcome help.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
bump. still sorta confused to the type of chatbox u want down the bottom. think you cld do a quick paint edit to show me the typa thing u want.

finally got all the chatbox and input box working like i wanted it.

daydie

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Aug 26, 2004
id think if u just edit the images at bottom right (buttons) just add a little hint to the images in side the buttons, will look great,

Nice work

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
u mean hints on what the buttons are?

there are hints on each of the buttons when u hover over them telling u what they do.

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
its looking like a very nice crips clear interface, everything in its place and imo far far better than the euro interface for mir 2.

9/10 if not a 10/10 for it

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK
heres not really an update. just wanted to show it all nice and colourful

images14kf7.png

will try and get the status done today (will take a second since iv got them done just commented them out)

need the blank bit altering tho, since just adding text there looks tacky imo.

if anyones good at editing pics (iv bin doing it all in paint lol) then i welcome help.

At first i thought it was an interface for legend of mir3, looks very similar, but that's a good thing because alot of people like LOM3, Very nice, will it be releassed?

/Head

Richens

LOMCN VIP (Mapper)
VIP
Jul 28, 2004
UK - Midlands
This is what i meant.

When you minimize the chat box, it goes down into the menu there. Below. And when its not there it should show the time, date and if its night or day or w/e with a pic. You could also show amount of gold maybe with your status.

Attachments

• images14kf722.JPG
    images14kf722.JPG
    288.8 KB · Views: 49

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Dead impressed with this interface!!! Best looking Mir 2 interface I have ever seen :) (Says a Mir3 Person :P)

Dunno if this has been asked anywhere and I haven't understood the question... but will it work with TD's 2.3?

Also, are you releasing so I can steal it for my Mir 2 server?

/Mick

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
no it wont work for td's files.

this is a full client exe. not just a change of interface. unless i can get the encryption for td's files it will only work on the svn files.

like i said earlier tho. dont expect a release soon. iv got alot on my plate atm so progress is very slow, specially on my own.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
im not too keen on it like that tbh :/ iv tried something like that before, and it just didnt look right.

what about this? done like mir3's (obviously the quality will be better when i actually do it)

betterlg3.jpg

Richens

LOMCN VIP (Mapper)
VIP
Jul 28, 2004
UK - Midlands
Tis nice. I still think that the exp bar should be over the whole of the bottom screen, all the way over to the left. And health n stats should be over there on the left.

What ya can do instead of that chat box down there, is carry on that look like this but put in stuff like... Available Points, Amount of Gold and Time and Date or something...

Wotcha think to this one?

Attachments

• images14kf733.JPG
    images14kf733.JPG
    290 KB · Views: 77