Tips on Improving

Join Discord

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Just a heads up this thread will be very obvious and aimed at level 30's mainly, Since there's a few people here I thought i'd share what I know to see if it makes it any easier for them at times. (And no i'm not that high an elo player either just thought i'd help where I can).

Basic Stuff: Wards, these guys are your friends. Pretty sure most of you know why by now but the main purpose of them is visual, if the enemy team has a jungler he will gank your lane if you overextend, warding can help prevent this, you can ward the bush by the river and the tribush under yours or the enemies tower (Depending on if you're purple or blue).

A lot of people say this is the support's job, PLEASE do not fall into that mentality, if the support is giving you all the CS sometimes they cannot buy all the wards, gp5 is very slow early game, when it gets to team fights fair enough but always have at least 1 ward spare.

Ward locations: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NwpZDtb6A...dVexO9E/s1600/Summoner%27s+Rift+1341x1078.jpg (Note: This includes Baron & Dragon ward locations but is mainly for the laning phase).

Lategame ofcourse the vital points you want warded are baron and dragon, if your team is being dominated try to grab a few wards and place them in the bushes near your base (5 generally does the trick) what this does is sets you up for a counter gank if the teams are even but they're slightly ahead this will tip the scales.

Item Builds:
Generally a few people are still coming to terms with builsd on certain champions but ofcourse will believe mordekaiser is overpowered or ashe arrow is or ignite is taking you down on a health regen champ, it's all depending on if they run cleanse or not a quick item to help you grab magic resist + a free cleanse would be QuickSilver Sash, it cleanses everything and has a 1minute cooldown effectively it's actually better than cleanse as it has more uptime.

Last Whisper (AD Users)/ Void Staff (AP Users) - This is a late game item depending on if you're AD or AP, these 2 items provide 40% armor penetration or 40% Magic Pentration, these help emmensely against those who stack against you and will help your damage to not fall off late game.

Jungle Control: Generally when you're a jungler you're probably sticking to your own jungle, however the example is the enemy junglers just ganked and you're on the other end of the map. Note there's not much you can do for the poor sod at this time so check what there jungler has in his jungle, smite his big wraith, check what buffs he has. If he's missing red and/or blue it's safe to assume he's left them both. Enjoy the free buffs, this'll make his ganks weaker especially if it's red buff.

Dragon / Baron: Dragon is a global 190g and a bonus 25g to the last hitter (generally this is a smite user a.k.a the jungler unless you fail smited) the best times to aim for these is if you've ganked bot and scored a double kill, have bot lane help you take an early dragon and keep the early advantage. Level 6 + A wriggles latern or just a madreds is advised at this point unless you're fiddlesticks.

Barons a tricky one to decide, if you know the enemy team is up soon and you've just aced them don't go for that one tower, go for baron. The reason being is this will make your push even harder when they're back up and you'll be 300g ahead aswell. It helps a team stay ahead so stick to that advantage.

Livestreams:
While there are a lot of streamers out there I don't advise due to the ragers I do advise Guardsman Bob, (Recently featured you can find it on the announcements in the league website), Dan Dihn (Solomid.net) & Nhat Nguyen (Support Player) these guys are high elo and generally help with questions people ask it helps improve gameplay overall in my opinion.

Attitude: Now this one is obvious but I know how easy it is to break myself, i've broke it a few times when I've gotten fed up with that 1/14 guy telling the rest of the team it's there fault. It's not so don't rise to his bait /muteplayer <name> if you really need to. If you go into games with the mentality of "I've seen there team it looks better than mine gg at 20mins" you will lose a lot of games, as suprising as that sounds. However, If you do whatever you can to help your team out (Warding & Ganking lanes, especially if you're mid) and keep morale high generally you'll see a better improvement rather than flaming that one guy to the ground who's having a bad game (note: this does not always work). It does take willpower to do however I won't deny that factor. This can also avoid bans / suspensions which is always a good note really.

Leaguecraft.com (Guides for players that have just started on a champ and want to know what builds / runes to run can use this site)

Generally all I can think of. I hope this helps players.

/Czeldabolg

Last edited:

BleH

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 14, 2004
Bristol, UK, England
Just a heads up this thread will be very obvious and aimed at level 30's mainly, Since there's a few people here I thought i'd share what I know to see if it makes it any easier for them at times. (And no i'm not that high an elo player either just thought i'd help where I can).

Basic Stuff: Wards, these guys are your friends. Pretty sure most of you know why by now but the main purpose of them is visual, if the enemy team has a jungler he will gank your lane if you overextend, warding can help prevent this, you can ward the bush by the river and the tribush under yours or the enemies tower (Depending on if you're purple or blue).

A lot of people say this is the support's job, PLEASE do not fall into that mentality, if the support is giving you all the CS sometimes they cannot buy all the wards, gp5 is very slow early game, when it gets to team fights fair enough but always have at least 1 ward spare.

Ward locations: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NwpZDtb6A...dVexO9E/s1600/Summoner%27s+Rift+1341x1078.jpg (Note: This includes Baron & Dragon ward locations but is mainly for the laning phase).

Lategame ofcourse the vital points you want warded are baron and dragon, if your team is being dominated try to grab a few wards and place them in the bushes near your base (5 generally does the trick) what this does is sets you up for a counter gank if the teams are even but they're slightly ahead this will tip the scales.

Item Builds:
Generally a few people are still coming to terms with builsd on certain champions but ofcourse will believe mordekaiser is overpowered or ashe arrow is or ignite is taking you down on a health regen champ, it's all depending on if they run cleanse or not a quick item to help you grab magic resist + a free cleanse would be QuickSilver Sash, it cleanses everything and has a 1minute cooldown effectively it's actually better than cleanse as it has more uptime.

Last Whisper (AD Users)/ Void Staff (AP Users) - This is a late game item depending on if you're AD or AP, these 2 items provide 40% armor penetration or 40% Magic Pentration, these help emmensely against those who stack against you and will help your damage to not fall off late game.

Jungle Control: Generally when you're a jungler you're probably sticking to your own jungle, however the example is the enemy junglers just ganked and you're on the other end of the map. Note there's not much you can do for the poor sod at this time so check what there jungler has in his jungle, smite his big wraith, check what buffs he has. If he's missing red and/or blue it's safe to assume he's left them both. Enjoy the free buffs, this'll make his ganks weaker especially if it's red buff.

Dragon / Baron: Dragon is a global 190g and a bonus 25g to the last hitter (generally this is a smite user a.k.a the jungler unless you fail smited) the best times to aim for these is if you've ganked bot and scored a double kill, have bot lane help you take an early dragon and keep the early advantage. Level 6 + A wriggles latern or just a madreds is advised at this point unless you're fiddlesticks.

Barons a tricky one to decide, if you know the enemy team is up soon and you've just aced them don't go for that one tower, go for baron. The reason being is this will make your push even harder when they're back up and you'll be 300g ahead aswell. It helps a team stay ahead so stick to that advantage.

Livestreams:
While there are a lot of streamers out there I don't advise due to the ragers I do advise Guardsman Bob, (Recently featured you can find it on the announcements in the league website), Dan Dihn (Solomid.net) & Nhat Nguyen (Support Player) these guys are high elo and generally help with questions people ask it helps improve gameplay overall in my opinion.

Attitude: Now this one is obvious but I know how easy it is to break myself, i've broke it a few times when I've gotten fed up with that 1/14 guy telling the rest of the team it's there fault. It's not so don't rise to his bait /muteplayer <name> if you really need to. If you go into games with the mentality of "I've seen there team it looks better than mine gg at 20mins" you will lose a lot of games, as suprising as that sounds. However, If you do whatever you can to help your team out (Warding & Ganking lanes, especially if you're mid) and keep morale high generally you'll see a better improvement rather than flaming that one guy to the ground who's having a bad game (note: this does not always work). It does take willpower to do however I won't deny that factor. This can also avoid bans / suspensions which is always a good note really.

Leaguecraft.com (Guides for players that have just started on a champ and want to know what builds / runes to run can use this site)

Generally all I can think of. I hope this helps players.

/Czeldabolg

add mobafire.com below leaguecraft :)