Trying to translate all the NPC's =/

DaBop

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 14, 2003
York,England
Hi,

I've just got my 1.9 server up and running and am trying to translate all of the NPC scripts that are in.

At the mo I'm just tryna get away with using Babelfish online translator as I dunno any other free ones and can't really afford to pay for 1 atm >.<

Well anyway, the question is, is it Chinese Simplified that I'm trying to translate? Because I took this string ( ½»Ò×ÎïÆ·ÀàÐÍΪ ) from an NPC and have tried translating as simplified, traditional and also korean and I don't seem to get anywhere. The simp translation just gives me ( □□□* □□□□□à □□□□ ), the traditional gives me virtually the same thing, and korean gives me ( ppwuk #a1a4{calm $$ln ).

So is this just a case of me using a crappy translator?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

P.S I dunno if anyone has already translated all of the NPC's that come with the server files, but if not I will put em all up for dl if/when I manage to translate em.

••Ðøåkÿ••

Too cool to post :)
Golden Oldie
Apr 12, 2004
You Need 2 Install Chinese languages off the XP disk or maybe my thread at top would remove it but atm i only know it removes it for mir so ull have 2 give it a try tbh shud be on yur xp disk tbh

/Doaky

Upvote 0

DaBop

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 14, 2003
York,England
Doaky said:
You Need 2 Install Chinese languages off the XP disk or maybe my thread at top would remove it but atm i only know it removes it for mir so ull have 2 give it a try tbh shud be on yur xp disk tbh

/Doaky

I already have all of the language packs installed m8, I did them before when I couldn't even view the characters properly.
It's just after the translation I get the result as a load of □□□'s no matter which language I choose to translate from (Chinese-Simp, Chinese-Traditional or Korean).

Upvote 0

Danny-B-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 16, 2004
Same for me mate :( everything i try gives those feckin boxes !

I have chinese language pack installed too.

Upvote 0

DaBop

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 14, 2003
York,England
Figured it out! :sarclap:

It was 'cos I was opening the NPC files in Notepad and copying the Chinese txt straight from there to the Translator, but Notepad cannot seem to display the Chinese characters properly (just shows ASCII symbols by the looks of it), so I just opened the NPC file in MSWord and copied it from there, then it translated fine :)

Does anyone know if there is a better way of doing this? I.e. make Notepad show the proper characters, or a better text editor that shows them? As it's a bit of a mess about opening the file in Word, translating, and then opening in Notepad to save the English text.

Cheers :) /Penance

Upvote 0

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
Download a program called Microsoft AppLocale. Choose to open Notepad in Chinese Simplified and voila :)

Upvote 0

anto135

Or control panel - switch to classic view - Regional and Language options - advanced - click the drop down list and select chinese (PRC) - restart and voila :) as Shard would say :P.

/anto1323431erm not sure.

Upvote 0

DaBop

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 14, 2003
York,England
:) Just also realised I can just save it in MS Word as a plain text doc, but I might try the dl'in that app as I prefer Notepad anywayz :D

Upvote 0

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
petesn00beh said:
btw its korean not chinese, if its npcs in 1.9 :)

This has to stop these files ARE NOT OFFICAL 1.9 they are a chinese emulator therefore it is 100% chinese

Im not *****ing at u btw Its just im getting tired of people thinking there offical files

Upvote 0