[untitled]mir3

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrElusive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 12, 2008
Having played on the more recent Mir3 servers, i've noticed that the trend is for a high rate heavily modded and very easy experience.
I've been playing with the files recently and decided that I might have a go at something more traditional.

I'd like to create a server were levels and stats were kept reasonably low and pvp actually required some skill rather than a single BS = win.
I'd like a server were people actually had to hunt in different locations for a mix of exp/items/gold instead of a one cave wonder.
Hopefully, there are still people around who enjoy this sort of server.

Nevertheless, here are my ideas.

Server Stats
Exp x4/x8 (x16 Max)
Gold Custom
MonGen Cave dependant

Famepoint System
Famepoints earned from Daily Quests and boss/sub kills

Famepoints can be used to:
-buy level 4/5 skills
-improve the stats of items
-buy titles

No integrals, no gamepoints, no rebirths, no master/student, no boss only rooms or crazy gold caves. I want to keep the game as simple as possible.

Upgrade Orbs
Stat specific orbs which have both a low drop and low sucess rate

Dungeons
Most of the vanilla dungeons will be used for the early levels. The usual ZT/PT/BP progression will most likely exist. Custom dungeons will be concentrated after these areas.

Items
My plan is to create new item sets for every section of levels.
Something along the lines of 10/17/22/27/33/38/41/44/47/50.
There will be a selection of items dropping in level specific dungeons e.g. 27-33 items in ZT.
Note, all these items will be 'normal' and so will likely drop on death.

I also hope to add some proper 'rare' and 'quality' items.
These will be low rate 'world' drops that drop in many different dungeons (allocating for difficulty of course).
I might also add some extremely rare items with unique names and unique stats that would be removed from the drop list once one has dropped.

Boss specific items. This is one idea I think works brilliantly with Mir.
The idea is simple. Bosses and subbosses drop items specific to themselves.
For example, General Ants might drop 'General's Carapace', a level 30 warrior armour. Or a Red Kektal might drop 'Kektal Eye', a level 24 wizard ring.

PVP
Open pvp, kill whoever you want when you want. I'm hoping to avoid overpowered tao pets, or silly 5k blade storms.

ETA:1-2months

Like i said, i've only been playing with the files and have only implenmented a handful of my ideas.
However, before i progress any fuuther I need to know if actually setting the server up would be worth my time i.e. if anyone would actually play. Oh, and i'm happy to take any name suggestions.

darkkiller

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 5, 2007
In my opinion will be the bored server ever lol.. no famepoints , no ints , no reb , no student.. wtf? so only getting items? and no more? :S

mapadale

I would sugest that you re-think your ideas if you want a server thats going to last, cause at the moment it's dead from this point on.

Think to yourself why do people play server's that are med/high rate and not low rate and actually have the features that you have decided are not worth having. Which by the way, the number of low rate servers that are currently available, players go back to for the fact of the things that they have. Your's is a no starter from the word go.

MrElusive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 12, 2008
In my opinion will be the bored server ever lol.. no famepoints , no ints , no reb , no student.. wtf? so only getting items? and no more? :S

i understand what you mean, but what purpose do integs fulfill? gamepoints/integs/famepoints are all different names for the same thing. for most servers, they are just there to reward donaters.

rebirths are hard to work in low rate servers. people are usually unwilling to give up levels.

and really, what else do you do on mir other than a) get items b) level c) pvp?

I would sugest that you re-think your ideas if you want a server thats going to last, cause at the moment it's dead from this point on.

Think to yourself why do people play server's that are med/high rate and not low rate and actually have the features that you have decided are not worth having. Which by the way, the number of low rate servers that are currently available, players go back to for the fact of the things that they have. Your's is a no starter from the word go.

i don't see people going back to servers for gamepoints and integral's. they serve no purpose other than to line owners pockets. I could do the same as everyone else and make a x128 server with 1 cave and 2 item sets and make people pay for the best items. if there are any unique features the integ's/GP's offer than please correct me.

would be interesting to see other people's views on this

Last edited:

better

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 19, 2004
Keep with your idea, serious ppl who really like mir and not only being 25k lvl, hitting 4kdmg and paying 15bucks for a superpara will aprecciate it. You can work out a really nice server without rebirths or integs, just making a long and funny way to the top, with lots of graduate places to lvl and a full bunch of mobs which drop very diff kind of items.

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
i'll try it.

I like the idea about subbboss's/boss's dropping items - most servers these days over look how fun sub boss hunting can be .

mapadale

i understand what you mean, but what purpose do integs fulfill? gamepoints/integs/famepoints are all different names for the same thing. for most servers, they are just there to reward donaters.

rebirths are hard to work in low rate servers. people are usually unwilling to give up levels.

and really, what else do you do on mir other than a) get items b) level c) pvp?

i don't see people going back to servers for gamepoints and integral's. they serve no purpose other than to line owners pockets. I could do the same as everyone else and make a x128 server with 1 cave and 2 item sets and make people pay for the best items. if there are any unique features the integ's/GP's offer than please correct me.

would be interesting to see other people's views on this
GamePoints and Integral are a fundemental point of the game, many of the ingame systems that are created use one or the other. Unless you purely intend to make everything so that it's ingame gold, which doesn't work on it's own and does require some serious scripting knowledge. Then the point of these things being part of the game, then make the game more boring once removed.

IE: Master & Student system

It's only the servers that use this to an advantage to actually make money to line their own pockets, that swindle people out of their hard earned cash.

But as I said, it's a fundemental part of the of the whole server files and what makes and helps make the game different from everyone else that produces a 5 minute server.

darkkiller

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 5, 2007
Keep with your idea, serious ppl who really like mir and not only being 25k lvl, hitting 4kdmg and paying 15bucks for a superpara will aprecciate it.

That ppl will play official mir3 if they rly like these servers..

better

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 19, 2004
darkkiller, private servers can be low and accurate, not all have to be crazy nonsense exp and stats

darkkiller

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 5, 2007
I rly dn't like low servers cause servers are opened around 1 month 2 and they close.. so.. I dn't gonna work hard to get lvled to level 40 and server get closed..

RazzleDazzle

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
~{Aylesbury}~
You can do so much with IntegralPoints/FamePoints if you just used your imagination.....Silly things really

Special repair all items
Armor Dye
Upgrade items/armors/weps
Rebirths(Deffo need adding.....people will not continue to level off the same low exp without having some sort of exp increase to look forward to)
Buy roses/super drugs
Res on spot
Rent a pet
Rent items/armors/weps
Ect ect

You could also use Integral/Fame as another form of currency so people can buy/sell items for a certain amount of IP/FP.

As it stands, server seems really bland and boring lol. Theres nothing i can see in your advert that makes me think ''oh that sounds cool''.

Last edited:

mapadale

Can we have an update on this thread please otherwise it will be removed, as it has been two weeks since it had one.

MrElusive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 12, 2008
Can we have an update on this thread please otherwise it will be removed, as it has been two weeks since it had one.

server is pretty much finished. all caves and item sets up to lvl 90. rebirths for level 90 deducted to level 51. fully implemented fame point system staggered for each boss and sub boss. 117 unique daily quests all tested and working.

Special repair all items
Armor Dye
Buy roses/super drugs
Res on spot
Rent a pet
Rent items/armors/weps

all added to fp vendor

possibly adding my own main quest line.

its actually been very simple to set up. the only issue im having is finding a dedi server. looking into buying a small one for myself but i don't know if its really worth paying for. screenshots to follow.

edit: and i still need a name

Last edited:

xcoolaidx

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 7, 2009
server is pretty much finished. all caves and item sets up to lvl 90. rebirths for level 90 deducted to level 51. fully implemented fame point system staggered for each boss and sub boss. 117 unique daily quests all tested and working.

Special repair all items
Armor Dye
Buy roses/super drugs
Res on spot
Rent a pet
Rent items/armors/weps

all added to fp vendor

possibly adding my own main quest line.

its actually been very simple to set up. the only issue im having is finding a dedi server. looking into buying a small one for myself but i don't know if its really worth paying for. screenshots to follow.

edit: and i still need a name

i vote on CRY mir3

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
Server name is easy, just choose a single word with powerful connotations:

Insignia
Enigma
Calibur
Remnant

Anything will do as long as it's 1 word in my opinion, the initial name isn't important - new content, advertising, communication IS important - even the worst names can become meaningful with reputation aka RNDpro.

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
Imo rubbish out of the ordinary names like RNDpro are the best names, as they are unique and easily remembered if it's a good server.

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
dont give a **** about the name, personally i would play any server so long as the content was there.

more importantly, and already been mentioned is communication with the players is paramount, if a GM doesnt give a **** about his players his server will never be half decent, a running update list also helps - shows people your actually still commited to the server and doing things to improve it.

goodluck with the server hopefully its up soon, a dedi cant be that hard to find?

edit - i cant seem to find anywhere what version of mir u'll be using ?

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
dunno i never had a mir3 server and didnt played to much ( just zentaur and official ) but from what i read on advertisments to me all mir3's are the same :S
no server has no unique things all have same **** different rates

maybe its just because the files dont allow u but still u could do things like
LMS ( if not by npc them hold by gm)
Subclasses
etc etc

if the files dont allow u then my apologize , and its a shame that mir3 doesnt have a set of source up to date ( or near) so ppl can implement new features

Status
Not open for further replies.