Updated files for offline use. (26/10/2005)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Right, well as the others are very outdated, i decided to make a new set of files.

This uses the latest Plumewind m2server and the new GameGate.

To get the files running, first download the files from HERE ( password: lomcn ).
Then extract the files to C:\mirserver

Now make sure your BDE Administrator is set up correctly like on the following picture:

You can get BDE Administrator from www.dbcommander.com

Then download the client and .exe from HERE (Please note, this is NOT the ledu client, but the DB's are made to match the euro data, so you will have to use this client in order to see the monsters correctly) Extract this zip file to your legend of mir client folder (Default is C:\WEMADE Entertainment\Legend of Mir)

If you wish to use the ledu client, download it HERE
(If you will use the Ledu exe, most of things ingame WILL BE MESSED UP, like mobs looking dodgy, items looking completely wrong etc. etc.) Extract this zip file to your legend of mir client folder (Default is C:\WEMADE Entertainment\Legend of Mir)

Now when you have done everything, open the folder C:\mirserver\Run the server from here And run the shortcuts in the specified order (1. 2. 3 etc.)
When you run the shortcut number 1, the LFConfirmation window will pop up, press the start button and continue to load up the other shortcuts.

You can log in to your gamemaster character with the details

ID = gamemaster
PW= gamemaster

Gamegate cheat menu setup:

Right, basically open up your gamegate. Click the option button, then clck on "cheats".

Now, first untick ALL the boxes you see, untill none are ticked at all.

Now, click the "base" tab. I have left in Health amount over head displayed, quick group, when you regen, the amount is showed over your head (like in mir3), and show names of players.

Now, go through all besides the "work" tab, and tick all the boxes. After you have done that, tick all besides the "all" and the "base" box, so you should be left with a screen like this:G][/URL

In order to put the server online, i have made a list of IP's wich you need to change

Code:
!addrtable.txt (DBServer)
All IP's

!serverinfo.txt (DBServer)
All IP's

dbsrc.ini (DBServer)
ServerAddr (the one in the [Setup] part)
GateAddr
IDSAddr

MirGate.ini (GameGate)
Server1

Config.ini (LoginGate)
ServerAddr
GateAddr

!addrtable.txt (LoginSrv)
All IP's

!serveraddr.txt (LoginSrv)
All IP's

Logsrv.ini (LoginSrv)
DBServer
ServerAddr
GateAddr

!runaddr.txt (Mir200)
All IP's

!Servertable.txt (Mir200)
All IP's

!Setup.txt (Mir200)
GateAddr
DBAddr
IDSAddr
MsgSrvAddr
If you want to let your players use a DNS address to connect (eg. disturbed.myftp.org), then refer to the following list of IP's that need changing.

Code:
#File name#####Folder name#
############################
!addrtable.txt (DBServer)
First IP: Change to the no-ip address you registerred to.

!serverinfo.txt (DBServer)
First IP: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.
Second IP: Change to the no-ip address you registerred to.
Third IP: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.

!dbsrc.ini (DBServer)
ServerAddr: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.
GateAddr: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.
IDSAddr: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.

MirGate.ini (GameGate)
Server1: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.

Config.ini (LoginGate)
ServerAddr: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.
GateAddr: Change that to 0.0.0.0

!addrtable.txt (LoginSrv)
First IP: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.
Second IP: Change to the no-ip address you registerred to.
Third IP: Change to the no-ip address you registerred to.
Fourth IP: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.

!serveraddr.txt (LoginSrv)

Logsrv.ini (LoginSrv)
DBServer: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.
GateAddr: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.

Config.ini (SelGate)

!runaddr.txt (Mir200)

!Servertable.txt (Mir200)
First IP: Change that to 127.0.0.1

!Setup.txt (Mir200)
DBAddr: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.
IDSAddr: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.
MsgSrvAddr: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.
LogServerAddr: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Legendwizard

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 19, 2005
Senture said:
Which file name would that be? Also did any file fail when extracting?

When I run the 8 shortcuts

The first 7 work, then when I run shortcut 8 (M2server) it loads and says Invalid Filename

m2error7dq.jpg

Upvote 0

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
Judging from your screenshot you extraced the archive to G:\ have you been through all the files and altered them to read from the new location?

Upvote 0

elseanio

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 23, 2006
right,
1/ in the screenie is box one supposed to look like that, also

2/ when i click the last link (box 2) it gets to 1309 / 1309 mobs and starts again. and no screen comes up during any of the loading of the links.

after clicking all the links i screenied and you can see what i see. so thnx in advance and sorry if the answer is something silly i overlooked, but i have given it a good shot. also in the guide on this thread i got up to the end of ticking the boxes in game gate, do i need to config ips if im using offline?(i would have thought not, but i have to check.
pls can someone reply ><

Attachments

• heeeellllppppp pls.JPG
    heeeellllppppp pls.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Legendwizard

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 19, 2005
Well I managed to create a new account and login fine, However when I try to create a new char I put in the name, class and sex of the char and when I click ok it brings up this error

images017mt.png

M2Server shows as this

m2error25dh.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

elseanio

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 23, 2006
elseanio said:
right,
1/ in the screenie is box one supposed to look like that, also

2/ when i click the last link (box 2) it gets to 1309 / 1309 mobs and starts again. and no screen comes up during any of the loading of the links.

after clicking all the links i screenied and you can see what i see. so thnx in advance and sorry if the answer is something silly i overlooked, but i have given it a good shot. also in the guide on this thread i got up to the end of ticking the boxes in game gate, do i need to config ips if im using offline?(i would have thought not, but i have to check.
pls can someone reply >< check post 186 for the screenie

bump xP im reeli stuck, even if someone could answer just 1 of those points ><

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
omg, i wont even bother insulting you because i actually do feel sorry for u.

127.0.0.1 is the offline ip, just change all numbers to that and your sorted.

Upvote 0

sweetdreams

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 11, 2004
isle of wight
hi m8 im icemaster iv downloded your sever fiels its all working but i can not get on it for offline ues m8 can you help me and i followed you like you say dut i still can not get on it foe off line ues ples help me

Upvote 0

superboof

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 25, 2005
1westy1 said:
Problem - When i select Gamemaster and click start goes black - nothing happens
Edit - In selGate have just noticed this error

[10/04/2006 08:00:10] Windows socket error: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted (10048), on API 'bind'

Any help please?

Same here, except the message comes up on ' M2server' and not selGate. I've read every post on this thread (Owch lol) and not found something that solves this problem. I'd be greatfull if someone could point me in the right direction! Thanks alot.

Upvote 0

RockY2kn6

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 11, 2006
Uk
Originally Posted by 1westy1
Problem - When i select Gamemaster and click start goes black - nothing happens
Edit - In selGate have just noticed this error

[10/04/2006 08:00:10] Windows socket error: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted (10048), on API 'bind'

Any help please?.

it means u can only have 1 gate open at any time. EG 1 Selgate not 2 or more like you have

superboof said:
Same here, except the message comes up on ' M2server' and not selGate. I've read every post on this thread (Owch lol) and not found something that solves this problem. I'd be greatfull if someone could point me in the right direction! Thanks alot.

no, it comes up on selgate

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.