Urban Lol Read

Join Discord

SkyDragon

.::Mario Ftw::.
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2004
West-Yorkshire :)
ok m8 could you build me a nice gaming pc , i want to be fast on euro mir

tell me what i wil lneed and price please.

my pc atm is ok but it aint fast like running on mir lol

and want a pc for future gaming

i can build the pc with assisants from mums bf

what connection would i need as a minium? i got half a meg atm what should i change it to , which is a good provider.

build me a tower for gaming for 400-500 pound if you can please :)

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
You don't need a ''good'' computer to be ''fast'' on legend of mir.

Pyros

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 16, 2003
but it helps (get better fps). I find the best forum to ask about things like this is the www.overclockers.co.uk forum, usually get a few replies suggesting some different combinations for your budget.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
And your eye can ofcourse see the 900FPS that you get with that uber overclocked system?

Pyros

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 16, 2003
lol no but you can be sure that what you're seeing is actually what the server is doing, on a slow system it can take a few seconds to catch up, and by that time some warrior with 999fps maybe standing right next to you about to kill you and you won't even know. PvPing is all it really helps with (not as much as a ping but still), people with slower systems are slower I'd think, plus if you do something else in the background the game won't slow down

SkyDragon

Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2004
Look what 200quid gets u, aint the best but its decent.

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/114992/rb/21150734731

that dont sound bad , coulld i update that with like a80 quid g card and an extra 512 of ram??

thing is how quic would it be on games if i did that?

ok guys give me some quick anwers please

ram more PC better or Less? 1 gig is plenty?

Processor Amd or instel?

what size processor a good future gaming pc?

what size graphics card for games now (wow maybe etc)

all of the above is to be pretty fast , not just ok lol

Last edited:

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
well thats an average cpu, the graphics are really dependant on the gfx card you get, you could add 1gig ram to it for 80quid. Ram is basically the amount of things the pc can do at one time basically so say ...

photoshop - 80% of ram on 512
photoshop - 40% of ram on 1gig

so you could run photoshop twice.. In some cases it can increase the performance of the computer dependant on the tasks you got running and ram.

rest of it, ull av to ask urban but ur better of building like a 3ghz p4 or a 64bit athlon with a radeon pro or something.

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
Chester :P
latee reply but

AMD is better for running games an is alot smoother. AMD 64 i found runs games v well got less lag than on a pentium.

u can pik up a stick of 1 gig ram DDR2 for £52 (when i checked 3 days ago thats wot they sed to me)

now for HDD use these for best performace Master Drive >>74gb scsi hard drive (raptor) Slave drive >>250GB sata 7200 silent

now the graphics card is wot u can get ur hands on or wot u feel will be good.

same with sound card (both help to run the comp better)

for a connection try Tiscali ( iv heard there better than they used to be) 8Meg with no download or usage limit, only £17.99 a month an thats a 12 month contract.

thats the sort of thing im aiming for anyways just the price check around ur area will be different from around mine.

i got a quick check on that an got £500 they sed to me. but the HDD will cost a lot so just to get like a 160 gig an use it as ur master untill u can get the 74gb scsi hard drive (raptor) an then use the 160 as the slave drive after wen u can offerd scsi drive

SkyDragon

Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2004
i had tiscali for 4 year and they capped us it was good till then , they said a fare usage policey thats why they capped us but we rarely even downloaded or owt , we used like 5 gig a month or something

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
you don't need more than 30fps on mir

anymore and it doesnt make any difference, except for the fact that you can boast that you get a high fps on a 2d game

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
latee reply but

AMD is better for running games an is alot smoother. AMD 64 i found runs games v well got less lag than on a pentium.

u can pik up a stick of 1 gig ram DDR2 for £52 (when i checked 3 days ago thats wot they sed to me)

now for HDD use these for best performace Master Drive >>74gb scsi hard drive (raptor) Slave drive >>250GB sata 7200 silent

now the graphics card is wot u can get ur hands on or wot u feel will be good.

same with sound card (both help to run the comp better)

for a connection try Tiscali ( iv heard there better than they used to be) 8Meg with no download or usage limit, only £17.99 a month an thats a 12 month contract.

thats the sort of thing im aiming for anyways just the price check around ur area will be different from around mine.

i got a quick check on that an got £500 they sed to me. but the HDD will cost a lot so just to get like a 160 gig an use it as ur master untill u can get the 74gb scsi hard drive (raptor) an then use the 160 as the slave drive after wen u can offerd scsi drive
How does the soundcard make a computer run better???

SkyDragon

Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2004
How does the soundcard make a computer run better???

well why does it make u lagg when you havve sound on in like a big sw war?

my pc is ok atm but alot of ppl lagg when they go from no grpahics to LOADS like ff and sounds.

cant any1 build me a pc for 400-500 pound plz :P

KaylanCloud

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 14, 2005
untitled2bj1.jpg

In my opinion this is overkill for mir, but it ticks the right boxes as far as running most current games with decent settings as well as being fairly future proofed in that you have the latest intel platform w/ s775,DDR2,PCI-E.

If I was going to build myself a pc right now it would be similar but with a 74gb raptor & 320Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.10, X1800XT gfx card, Gigabyte DS3 mobo.

Hope this helps (PS. Includes VAT & Shipping)

/KC

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
well why does it make u lagg when you havve sound on in like a big sw war?

my pc is ok atm but alot of ppl lagg when they go from no grpahics to LOADS like ff and sounds.

cant any1 build me a pc for 400-500 pound plz :P

hey m8 nip into a market near u (like i did) an tell them about wot i said bud they will build it for u for around that price bc ur buyin a whole new system from them, just get the info i told u about an nip in an see wot they say to u, but they will try an get u to buy a dual core but refusse as nothin out at the mo to suppoert the second 1 an it will just over cook each time.

but if u go for wot i said make sure they add lik e4 fans minimum to the tower as its a powerful processor

SkyDragon

Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2004
ok ty guys , ya neptune there is computer faires... i might pop to 1 with mums BF he good at building pcs...etc but not really ever talked to him about building a gaming pc lol.

Pyros

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 16, 2003
they will try an get u to buy a dual core but refusse as nothin out at the mo to suppoert the second 1 an it will just over cook each time.

So you're saying that dual core systems make no difference to processing speed but 64bit ones make a huge difference? Ever wonder why the computer experts at the fairs try to convince you to get a dual core? lol..

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
So you're saying that dual core systems make no difference to processing speed but 64bit ones make a huge difference? Ever wonder why the computer experts at the fairs try to convince you to get a dual core? lol..

yer bc its more money in there poket. if he wants it for gaming, name me 1 game that supports dual core.

if u can i will admit i was wrong.