Useful or not?

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
some of the staff members know about this but i wanted to get a generalised LOMCN view

a little while ago i started working on a web site devoted to modifying mir servers, both 1.4 and 1.9. when it's complete i'm hoping to include informatoon on: setting up a server, server development (npc's, commands and stuff like that) client downloads and client manipulation (how to take appart the client bit by bit)

all i really wanted to know is how many people would find this beneficial, and maby what you might like to see included.

cheers
senture

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Senture said:
some of the staff members know about this but i wanted to get a generalised LOMCN view

a little while ago i started working on a web site devoted to modifying mir servers, both 1.4 and 1.9. when it's complete i'm hoping to include informatoon on: setting up a server, server development (npc's, commands and stuff like that) client downloads and client manipulation (how to take appart the client bit by bit)

all i really wanted to know is how many people would find this beneficial, and maby what you might like to see included.

cheers
senture
yeah it would be useful for many ppl :)

Zidio

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Nov 2, 2005
LOMCN
yes i agree it would be a great idear basicly like a guide how to make / modifie a server from scratch sounds good

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
I thought about doing that a while ago, the way i thought about it was:

Making a website which was related to guides on how to make a server
and downlaods of software for servers. So for about a year i collected
little bits of info up bit by bit, and some software. But eventually my
comp ****ed up coz of virus' / spyware and i formatted then just gave
up from there.

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
thanks for the feedback

i have the 1.4 guide done (how to set up a server and client) now i will look at 1.9 a bit more

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
Maybe develop on the smaller parts of making a server unique, with sections for editing wils, making maps and so forth - maybe contact some of the forum users who excel in certain areas and get there input for the site. :D

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Senture said:
thanks for the feedback

i have the 1.4 guide done (how to set up a server and client) now i will look at 1.9 a bit more
good luck :) and btw you should do guides with pictures :p,there are some people that dont even understand by reading them

ali-g

Permanently Banned
Dedicated Member
Jan 24, 2006
In a box.
Vagrant said:
good luck :) and btw you should do guides with pictures :p,there are some people that dont even understand by reading them

yeh i agree wif u tbh :P :P :P

n yh good luck m8 :):)

/ali-g

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Senture said:

cheers
senture
\

Isn't that pretty much.... LOMCN?

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
urbanfox said:
\

Isn't that pretty much.... LOMCN?
yes but for the new ppl that join lomcn it would be a good idea to use the guides on his sites and if they really get stuck then they can post here,many ppl dont search and all on 1 site i think it would be easyer

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Most of them will still probably come here, and say

omg why do i get this error?

And probably wont even include the error message ^^.

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
well its always worth a try neways, its just nicer to have it structured in 1 place (not to mention most people are too incompitent to find what they need effectively :P)

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
I fink it sounds like a good idea as ppl have said it would make things easier to find and im sure ppl with appreciate it.

DannyBoy06

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 8, 2006
West Midlands
killmaster said:
I fink it sounds like a good idea as ppl have said it would make things easier to find and im sure ppl with appreciate it.
Deffinately

(this post is 20 characters+ in length)

DayWalker™

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2004
Middlesbrough ! Smoggy!
Great idea.

Could you possibly make a section on Mir3 too ?

Ill be willing to give a guide on the basics of editing a mir3 JoB server.

What bits of the client represent and so on.

/Stan