Useful tools?

Join Discord

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
What useful tools would people like to see for servers/clients. A Few ideas I had to give you an idea what can be done include:
-A program to record all chat that goes through a mir server and save to zipped logs
-A program to record all chat from a mir client.
-Auto Log-in program

So any ideas please post! Also small plug - new version of EiEmu coming out soon!

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
3.55 saves a chat log in both the server and the client.

not tested it to see how effective it is though.

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
Thanks for the heads up :). Does it save whispers and guild - all with different colours?
Just so I know not to waste my time creating one if it does.

username

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 7, 2005
Write a npc script generator with auto replace functions and script spell check. Also put a preview/test script option.

username

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 7, 2005
hehe nick

I have 1, just want to see someone else do it.

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
and I've alreday written one, maybe I'll release it on my site. If the demand is great. It has all thos efunctions too.

username

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 7, 2005
I can't prevent people from selling it. It's my work, hope that's clear for everyone.

username

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 7, 2005
The chinese would, check the topic about the DM2 source being sold by koreans

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
untill some point yes, then it will be published there that its free, they might sell few copies true, but if i was them i wouldnt, its just waste of time compare to the money u will get.

Tass

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 8, 2005
DM2 Source is quite a bit different to a NPC maker.

Yehp, People arent going to pay for something they can easily do without.

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Not really, anyone with basic VB (replace with whatever language you want to) knowledge can do it. I have made one in VB6 but I gave up once I had set it to load all NPC, sort NPC's, loads NPC data (and all subsequent #CALL's and #INCLUDES) and some more stuff (adding a few ready made functions ETC).

There is more to add as always, but I gave up for the simple reason that its is just as easy to make and edit NPC's using .txt docs.

So, like I said, its nowhere near the same.