Useless Sony...

Join Discord

Jest

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
The other day I set up a free download in the PSN store. Whilst it was downloading I connected the PS4 controller into a computer to play Fifa13 using the DS4 tool. Now, for some completely retarded reason the controller now works in both devices (which I was not aware of and couldn't see the PS4's output)

So, whilst button bashing Fifa I was accidentally purchasing random bullshit from the online store racking up a bill of £160. It would have bought a lot more but my bank thankfully cut off any more purchases though the Playstation network and there's a load of "missed charges" statements on my previous transactions.

I've phoned Sony and they've refused to help, hiding behind their terms and conditions. When I asked what would happen if I had the bank reverse the transactions they replied "We'll suspend your account and eventually your entire Playstation 4 console if the payment isn't eventually returned."

Any ideas where to go from here?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
That's actually pretty funny.

BAD customer service that they won't help you though!

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
I'm sorry but that's ****ing hilarious.

Phone them back & get a different service rep, see if they'll say something different or provide some actual help.

Jest

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
I thought it was funny when I read the first transaction for "La oreja de Van Gogh - Puesdes contar conmigo" at £1.15, but as the list grew the hilarity drifted into some pretty serious raging.

Also, I forgot to mention that none of these purchases have even been downloaded.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I've read about someone doing this before.

However, you should expect it to work on both... It's a wireless controller which is obviously going to connect to your PS4 when it's turned on.

Shame they won't help, but for all they know, you could have purchased these games, decided you don't want them and trying to get a refund by claiming it was on accident.

Jest

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
Shame they won't help, but for all they know, you could have purchased these games, decided you don't want them and trying to get a refund by claiming it was on accident.

I agree that it could be fraudulent. But I also expect them to have exceptions, especially when they can see I haven't even downloaded any of it.

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Unbelievable, that is very unlucky. A friend of mine had a similar experience with her son who had purchased £350 worth of The Sims stuff for the iPad, Apple agree'd to pay back the largest lump of transactions which was in the region of £200.

I hate apple, good customer service though.

To be honest I'd say you're ****ed, Playstation don't make these mods to get there controllers working on PCs, if you hadn't have done that, none of this would have happened.

I'd just write it off as your own fault.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
That's hilarious. Awful, but hilarious.

If their customer support isn't willing to help you. Sell your PS4 off, charge back through your bank and get an Xbone instead haha.

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
you want to write an complaint email to them m8, somewhere along the lines of :

'ive been a loyal customer to sony for X years and have roughly spent X on consoles, games (and any other hardware you have).
Explain politely and in a snobby manner (like your writing to your local vicar about his tea party) exactly what happened.

I had 3 PS3's break within a 12 month period, i wrote them an email like the one decribed and they upgraded me to a better version free of charge (which they were not obliged to do as the warrentee ran out on the first). My title for the email was utter dissapointment lol

always worth a go, and remember try not to rage at customer services if they phone you back, would you be willing to help someone who was screaming at you down the phone?

Last edited:

Jest

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
An update if anyone's interested.

I took JealYs advice on the day I posted and phoned again in the afternoon to speak with someone else. Luckily this person was much more helpful and agreed that the purchased content was quite random. He went on to explain that the customer service would not handle the dispute and he could only forward my case to a different team who were to reply to me via email.

So a long time passed and no answer. I had little hope for a refund anyway, until yesterday when they sent me this.

Thanks for your recent contact with PlayStation Support regarding accidental purchases on your Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) account.

With regards to accidental purchases - all purchases need to be confirmed at checkout page, and every SEN account holder has the opportunity to review the content that they're purchasing and confirm that it's what they want to buy. When purchasing digital content, you receive access to the content immediately (even if you don't download it straight away) so you don’t have the right to cancel your purchase.

In this case, as a one-off exception, we have refunded this purchase back to your SEN account wallet as a goodwill gesture, and that amount is now available for use. Please note that we would not be able to consider similar refund requests in the future.

I'm rather delighted. They turned out to be rather useful in the end. Only issue being the funds are in my PSN wallet so I have to spend it on some games but at least I can buy some stuff I actually like. Heh.