Usenet

smoochy boys on tour

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Anyone give me any information on what usenet is like these days, the best subscription to get etc?

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I use Newshosting.com personally, and newzbin.com to get my nzb files. Newshosting.com is $15 for Unlimited download and speed. Newzbin is something like £8 a year. The only thing I don't use usenet for is Anime everything else is uploaded extremely fast to usenet.

Oh and I also use GrabIt as my NZB Client. It downloads/repairs and extracts together and when set up right is awesome (Downloads go in one folder, extracted content straight into another)

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Sounds perfect to me, been a while since I've used newgroups, when I did though I think I was using NZB-O-MATIC, Newzbin and newsdemon?

But yeah thanks thats the exact information I was looking for I'll get ordering it next week :)

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Why use them and not the ones Milo's using?

They're service providers, people use different ones which they like. Asking why i'm not using another is like asking "Why isn't everyone using BT for their internet?".

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
They're service providers, people use different ones which they like. Asking why i'm not using another is like asking "Why isn't everyone using BT for their internet?".

Because BT is ****, lols.

I was just wondering if you had any reason as to why you use that provider and not the one Milo uses and vice versa.