Vanguard

ipixel

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 11, 2005
Northern Ireland
Think they went overboard on the reflectiveness of envir/char, for something that big, i agree with milo.

It looks absolutely CACK.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
17gb wtf lol >_>, thats just stupid

indeed that does look rather bad

Chongwe

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 3, 2005
certain parts of that interface look like their from Wow (example: the chat box) and that 3rd screenie i think the textures on the wall look cruddy :P
in fact other than bits of the interface missing i would say that was WoW

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
Chongwe are you an idiot?

Yes. Because Vanguard is using the EQ2 engine, not WoW, the interface from what ive seen is entirely different to that of WoW

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
it just looks, too good for a game. Theyve gone for as realistic as they can get, and its ended up looking crappy because its a fantasy game.

They've tried a bit too hard.

Dark12345

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 4, 2004
Portsmouth
bah it looks fine to me , talk about oblivion look lol.

Its got that aura look around them like oblivion...

it looks fine . Better graphics then WoW , better then Runescape.Not Guildwars but the game looks fun.

Sean

Developer
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
May 13, 2003
Are you insane? the graphics are much better than GW!

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
stop making yourself pose for every picture :mad: take some shots of scenery, and more of mobs, bright pictures so i can actually see what the hell is going on

sup

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
You know that the boys at Sony came up with that interface, before WoW was even in beta?

Peart

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 14, 2006
Nah, theres a certain way an RPG should look. The Baldur's Gate series had it perfect with the hand painted backgrounds, but that's all a bit too dated for some. WoW was too cartoony, while this and EQ are too real. Oblivion and Morrowind did well - non-cartoony, but the lighting, landscape, architecture and general appearence were very nicely done.

Also, for me, cities and towns make or break an RPG. Take some screenshots of those. The ultimate city has many different districts, including a dock and a market place, and a **** load of NPCs and background banter. Archetecture should preferebly be Tudor style, but it's not manditory. There should be a ton of taverns and inns, in which the sound and lighting must be perfect. Again, BG2 had it spot on.

I AM VERY ****ING PARTICULAR.

Last edited: