Vista to XP

Join Discord

Myth

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 1, 2006
Accrington
does any1 know how to downgrade or reformat so that i can run on xp, im currently on vista and when i try it says it cannot locate some drivers

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
put xp cd in, boot from disc, format hd, install xp.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Goto your bios, Find Sata Mode, Set it to IDE, Load your xp disk, Then it will find your hard drive. Follow the instructions and boom finished, You will need to search google for some needed device drivers though.

/Zen2

mapadale

Goto your bios, Find Sata Mode, Set it to IDE, Load your xp disk, Then it will find your hard drive. Follow the instructions and boom finished, You will need to search google for some needed device drivers though.

/Zen2
It has nothing to do with the fact that XP doesn't read sata and setting it to IDE wouldn't load, cause if its sata drives and not IDE then how does he install to SATA.

This is to do with the fact that Vista does not allow dual boot to an earlier OS and so would need XP installing VIA cd on boot and removing Visat completely from the system.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
It has nothing to do with the fact that XP doesn't read sata and setting it to IDE wouldn't load, cause if its sata drives and not IDE then how does he install to SATA.

This is to do with the fact that Vista does not allow dual boot to an earlier OS and so would need XP installing VIA cd on boot and removing Visat completely from the system.

What? This is the easyest way to go about installing xp. Unless you want to create your own xp disk slip streaming the drivers onto it.

mapadale

What? This is the easyest way to go about installing xp. Unless you want to create your own xp disk slip streaming the drivers onto it.
XP only has basic SATA drives and changing the drive to read from IDE and not SATA will not allow the software to install if its SATA. The reason for this is you have told your machine you don't have SATA and so won't install to SATA and will try to install to IDE and if you don't have IDE but are using SATA then your screwed. For which you have to install third partie SATA drivers for XP upon loading XP onto the drive.

Unless you are lucky enough to have the same SATA controllers in the XP disk you have that match your system board.

But as I said, he would need to completly remove vista and install XP first and then Vista on top, as vista doesn't dual boot to a lower version.

Unless your good with partition magic and get round it that way, thoguh not an easy job to do.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
and back to my simple post of formatting ye.