Watercooling

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
So, now i'm running sli my gpu fans are starting to piss me off.

Has anyone got a custom water cooling setup? I'm not talking about those kits that just cool your cpu. I'm wanting to cool my gpu's and cpu

Dk

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Your going to need a lot of pieces and tubes, when I was looking to WC CPU and the GPU your going to need decent water blocks there are cheap versions out there but the more research I did on them they are not investing and the decent water blocks cost money and it also depends on what CPU and GPU you are running..

also when messing around with GPUs you are gong to need a decent thermal paste then It comes down to you loop design simpler the better

if you decide to undertake the project keep us/me photo updated :)

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
Your going to need a lot of pieces and tubes, when I was looking to WC CPU and the GPU your going to need decent water blocks there are cheap versions out there but the more research I did on them they are not investing and the decent water blocks cost money and it also depends on what CPU and GPU you are running..

also when messing around with GPUs you are gong to need a decent thermal paste then It comes down to you loop design simpler the better

if you decide to undertake the project keep us/me photo updated :)

Yeah I know all about the cost, you get what you pay for at the end of the day. I have the design in my head how I'm going to do it, going to have to mod my case a bit.

I'm running an i7 3770k, 2 x gtx 670's, 24 gig ram, ssd and 2 x 3 tb hdd's.

I just wanted to see other peoples setups :D

Dk

• Love
Reactions: Violent

LionMir

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Nov 4, 2013
Yeah I know all about the cost, you get what you pay for at the end of the day. I have the design in my head how I'm going to do it, going to have to mod my case a bit.

Dk
I purchased a full loop for my gtx670's but never installed I have all parts in a box at home ready when im back I will take pictures and try find the invoice with a full list of components.

never got round to installing it all due to me transporting my pc alot between home and work (work away alot) so didnt know wanna risk a leak due to bumping it about alot

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
I purchased a full loop for my gtx670's but never installed I have all parts in a box at home ready when im back I will take pictures and try find the invoice with a full list of components.

never got round to installing it all due to me transporting my pc alot between home and work (work away alot) so didnt know wanna risk a leak due to bumping it about alot

What do you mean by full loop? What water block did you use?

Thanks

Dk

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara

Dk

damn so close to ur pc specs only 22 gig ram and we would have same pc lol

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Nice set up mate, how is the titan?

I don't actually need to water cool mine but the noise from the gpu's is annoying, plus it looks cool :)

Dk

The Titan is ridiculous. I've actually tuned it down as when superclocked it just makes far too much noise/no game has any need of all that power (yet, still waiting on these new 3d-vision games etc)

Deffo glad I got one - funny thing is, they've just released a GTX Titan Z, which is literally 2 titans put together into a single g-card lol. Guess that'll be my upgrade in a few years time o_o

Water-cooling is quite a faff, but it definitely will help with the noise issues. Bonus points for neon lights.

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
water cooling with illuminous liquid or glow in the dark liquid. now that would be cool.

tbh my machine takes in far to much dust for my liking so making it look good is pointless.

but yea dangerous stuff making your own mod on gpu cooler.

EDIT - koriban - all the stuff you got and you have that case? it looks really poor for the contents :(

Last edited:

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
water cooling with illuminous liquid or glow in the dark liquid. now that would be cool.

tbh my machine takes in far to much dust for my liking so making it look good is pointless.

but yea dangerous stuff making your own mod on gpu cooler.

EDIT - koriban - all the stuff you got and you have that case? it looks really poor for the contents :(

I figured someone would point this out :P

I bought this case because it's super easy to carry around. I got a desktop-carrier that just hooks around the computer and it's really nice to carry in my hand. It's also quite small and fits in a suitcase if I'm taking it on a train (I go to a lot of LAN events). I'm not really a fan of all these cases that look amazing but in practicality, are a nightmare to move around.

muffinpie

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 19, 2005
I figured someone would point this out :P

I bought this case because it's super easy to carry around. I got a desktop-carrier that just hooks around the computer and it's really nice to carry in my hand. It's also quite small and fits in a suitcase if I'm taking it on a train (I go to a lot of LAN events). I'm not really a fan of all these cases that look amazing but in practicality, are a nightmare to move around.

I know what you mean about fullsize cases ive got the xpredator full sized gaming tower and its just far to big although it looks pretty with my blue lights and cooler master v8 ^^

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
I'm going to be going for the h440 for my next upgrade. Looks smart and best of all it has dust filters.