Other What are players looking for in a server these days?

Join Discord

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
I cant remember server name, it was a PVP sever and it had 1 town map, and it had a village we fought for with instances etc. and 3 major bosses.
I love the idea of that. A decent PVP server where you don't hunt for levels you hunt for kit & mobs are in game for questing. I don;t have time to level and half these servers now days i get bored after a week of leveling here and there. I want something i can log onto.. be maybe 2-3 kits behind most people but stand a chance at a couple of kills & some bosses. Sounds bit jumbled i'm writing this here & there when boss isn't looking.

ur on about my server ayndril.

still have files somewhere,.

Actually i thinkif Ayndril was re-made cud be a good server, if i had a coder to add all the features a "None leveling" server would need to keep people entertained.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
1. stability (at least 1-2 years of 24/7)
2. no lag
3. balanced
4. low-medium experience
5. normal items (official mir like)
6. rare drops
7. game masters that don't interfere in game at all, only for technical support and bugs fixing and maximum 1 events / weekend.
8. No corruption, all must be equal.
9. No donation for items.

All of that apart from med-higher rate and newer items, official items get boring.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
ur on about my server ayndril.

still have files somewhere,.

Actually i thinkif Ayndril was re-made cud be a good server, if i had a coder to add all the features a "None leveling" server would need to keep people entertained.

Was a good server, you could just pop in and not be 1000years behind in 2 nights off. also the fights were fun!!! pure pk 24/7. Biggest problem was we had like 2 decent guilds then no noobs stood a chance.

Ripman

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jul 22, 2003
Romania, Timisoara
@petesn00beh mir2 was designed for low rate....it was designed to explore all caves from Oma caves to Zuma etc...in order to have fun, you must pass trough all the stages.....ppl want fency trandy stuff but actually they miss the fun of it. Mir2 is about team playing and hunting and exploring even at level 15........

I cant imagine mir2 to be played in single player, and from my opinion, heroes that you can summon suck! If i ever have time for a mir2 server to host, I will disable heroes, I will not implement ever a trust merchant, and balance game so no boss can be done solo!

MIR IS ABOUT TEAMWORK same for example as Dungeons & Dragons pen and paper game!

From my opinion, I don`t like any server that is now online. No offence.

And one last word....after i tried a lot of games....from my opinion, Mir2 concept, and mir2 as a game si probably the best game ever made....if it is hosted and used corectly and balanced. no other game on market can compete with the feelin you have hunting in mir or pvping....

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
@petesn00beh mir2 was designed for low rate....it was designed to explore all caves from Oma caves to Zuma etc...in order to have fun, you must pass trough all the stages.....ppl want fency trandy stuff but actually they miss the fun of it. Mir2 is about team playing and hunting and exploring even at level 15........

I cant imagine mir2 to be played in single player, and from my opinion, heroes that you can summon suck! If i ever have time for a mir2 server to host, I will disable heroes, I will not implement ever a trust merchant, and balance game so no boss can be done solo!

Was one of the reasons I did a new boss AI for TGA for a boss that need's a group and suggested removing the heroes from being used (which they have been) as they ruin the game completely, encouraged guild members to work together with the guild system I did on there also.

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009

MIR IS ABOUT TEAMWORK same for example as Dungeons & Dragons pen and paper game!

From my opinion, I don`t like any server that is now online. No offence.

And one last word....after i tried a lot of games....from my opinion, Mir2 concept, and mir2 as a game si probably the best game ever made....if it is hosted and used corectly and balanced. no other game on market can compete with the feelin you have hunting in mir or pvping....

ur missing the point..... we have all run the same euro caves with the euro items for years and years. Only a hand full of people like low rates any more people just want to log in kill some bosses, PVP and then they log out. no one wants to spend a week + for the sake of 1 level

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
High rates suck, low rates are the best and they just need the archer class and more korean content.

Madrinha

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 16, 2011
Amstadam
The server Im working on with a friend has been up over 2months now, but as a result of people liking high-rates, and most problems with Ruby skills, we have lost our user-count:(

We are x3
custom drops
rares will be rares, there is afew custom items ingame to balance out certain kits
no-lag 24/7
we will be putting in a gamegold shop but we wont want people to donate for GG, we have put the GameGold onto boss's, each boss will give you a different amount of gamegold.
Unfortunetly we had alot of critisism on our thread on here which has gave our server a bad image and as a result we lost our user-count gradually over time, but we wont quit! we are trying our up-most to keep it going and updated as a private ruby server there is only 1-2 ruby servers actually online? including mirforever. has a 2 man team without a Coder/hexer it is kinda hard to run a ruby server, as we cannot edit most vital things people keep pointing out! you can visit our FORUM HERE If you like low-rate servers.

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
I'm looking for a capable person that can work independantly ive just got too much on my plate for one person to handle we can add anything we want to our 2.3 files from heroes or ruby so i need someone who is ambitious and wont give up or take no for an answer. we'll be adding a bunch of new spell graphics from korean soon as i get a chance to download the client. My servers are hosted on professionally hosted dedicated servers andh ave had 99.9% uptime since we launched laster year. one of our servers is strictly for testing purposes only and is accessible by player at any time via the login screen.

I have the capital to fund the project myself just need someone reputable i can trust to help me out a bit with development.

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
/hint ripman

---------- Post Merged at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:12 PM ----------

hey papayas how ya been!

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Best server ever

= A high rate, with Lowrate drops and progression.

Would be my perfect server, im not a fan of 6 weeks for 1 dc and 1 level, but 30 Levels and 30 DC, yeh maybe.

Its just numbers, which can be Quantified.

Ripman

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jul 22, 2003
Romania, Timisoara
@hershire Sorry but I have no time now for mir2. I have resources to host a server to for years with almost 0 costs, I also own www.legendofmir.eu :)) BUT who knows what will happen in the future. Anyhow, I`ll make it my way, even if no1 will be online :)))

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
A lowrate would work, if completely re-designed.

Poeple just put up euro clones, No-one wants a euro clone, if i log into 1 more server and see bichon wall im going to go crazy, dress as a woman get a samauri sword and a petrol bomb, go to said server owners house and set the bitch alight.

A "Brand-New" euro might work though.

Wabbit

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 2, 2012
I'm looking for an experience similar to euro Mir 2 (I played between beta and up to and including Mirevil, whatever patch that was)

Now, my wants are less about rates, although I would prefer a lower rate that meant people arnt in their high 40s after a month.

Rather what sets Mir 2 aside was its complete indifference to 2 things: the price of items and who had power. Something which only lineage 2, which I left Mir for, has replicated.

This lead to the two most interesting meta games of mir. The quest for equipment, where to find it (drops being random and somewhat unknown) and how to buy it. I spent so much time on the dragon marketplace forum studying prices and trying to get a good deal.

Secondly who had power was as much down to who had the best PR managment as who hit the hardest. There were many guilds
Who could out punch and out number apex in a straight fight, but it's complex network of allies and it's good reputation for relative fairness lead to it holding power for many months. If not years.

You could however take power and therefore advantage by force. No instances meant that your experience was largely balanced by what you could take against what you could publically get away with.

So in answer to the question, I want a server that is persistent enough, unspoilt by crazy events which reset the item playing field, and has enough length on the stick to make the carrot desirable for more than a nostalgic weekend.

---------- Post Merged at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:28 PM ----------

I would be very happy to pay £5 per month (even a subscription of 7.99) if it meant the game staying "pay to win" free whilst maintaining a servers viability.

Also by paying a fee to maintain the sever it does 2 things. 1) puts pressure on the sever owner to keep a level playing field, or they will lose the customer base very quickly.

2) players feel inclined to play once they've paid lest they have buyers remorse for not using something they've paid for, and as a result have a greater investment in ther actions and achievements. Paying for access and aquiring rewards will always be more valuable than paying for something with no achievement associated.

The current free to play model that everything is going towards is highly distressing. It's gonna **** everything up for the more dedicated gamer.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
I'm looking for an experience similar to euro Mir 2 (I played between beta and up to and including Mirevil, whatever patch that was)

Now, my wants are less about rates, although I would prefer a lower rate that meant people arnt in their high 40s after a month.

Rather what sets Mir 2 aside was its complete indifference to 2 things: the price of items and who had power. Something which only lineage 2, which I left Mir for, has replicated.

This lead to the two most interesting meta games of mir. The quest for equipment, where to find it (drops being random and somewhat unknown) and how to buy it. I spent so much time on the dragon marketplace forum studying prices and trying to get a good deal.

Secondly who had power was as much down to who had the best PR managment as who hit the hardest. There were many guilds
Who could out punch and out number apex in a straight fight, but it's complex network of allies and it's good reputation for relative fairness lead to it holding power for many months. If not years.

You could however take power and therefore advantage by force. No instances meant that your experience was largely balanced by what you could take against what you could publically get away with.

So in answer to the question, I want a server that is persistent enough, unspoilt by crazy events which reset the item playing field, and has enough length on the stick to make the carrot desirable for more than a nostalgic weekend.

---------- Post Merged at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:28 PM ----------

I would be very happy to pay £5 per month (even a subscription of 7.99) if it meant the game staying "pay to win" free whilst maintaining a servers viability.

Also by paying a fee to maintain the sever it does 2 things. 1) puts pressure on the sever owner to keep a level playing field, or they will lose the customer base very quickly.

2) players feel inclined to play once they've paid lest they have buyers remorse for not using something they've paid for, and as a result have a greater investment in ther actions and achievements. Paying for access and aquiring rewards will always be more valuable than paying for something with no achievement associated.

The current free to play model that everything is going towards is highly distressing. It's gonna **** everything up for the more dedicated gamer.

were not legally allowed to charge subscriptions.....