What do you think? / Suggestions please

Join Discord

Solitude

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 22, 2003
South Wales
It looks quite nice, read below for my suggestions.

Okay first off, the header and the background are of a square nature, so you should incorporate that into the nav and side menus.

Don't rely too heavily on graphics to present your site, if you can get the same effect by using background colours and drop shadow techniques - then do so.

Also, to say that 800 * 600 isn't used much anymore is very ignorant - you'd be surprised at how many millions of internet users still use that (people on 14" monitors or people with visual impairments etc).

Don't forget to make it as xbrowser compliant and w3c standard compliant as possible.

--Solitude--

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
Viola A.I. said:
Stop trying to turn everything into a petty 'aurgument' between us like a little baby****. Your fighting yourself, you cannot change my perspective.

And I care...no.

I am not fighting myself, read up the meaning of fighting in the dictionary then show me an example of me fighting myself, don't mess it up either. I'm pretty sure you won't. I'm not here just to start a fight with you, i've done my research, i've spoken to people.

I don't understand why you're allowed here or why your views are, apprantly because you made a good server. But that shouldent cover the kind of person you are. Which is one that most people here don't like, and yes I have asked around, and spoken to those who defend you. Asking why it is they do, what the good aspects of you are, most found that hard to say.
I'm not one to just turn on someone, I have reasons. I respect that you might think you're a nice person so i've asked people about you, but the results were not good.
You change your attitude towards other humans on this forum or leave that's fine. But you continue the way you are i'm just going to keep doing what I am, untill I get a result.

Viola A.I.

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 14, 2003
Newcastle - UK
Sawell said:
I am not fighting myself, read up the meaning of fighting in the dictionary then show me an example of me fighting myself, don't mess it up either. I'm pretty sure you won't. I'm not here just to start a fight with you, i've done my research, i've spoken to people.

I don't understand why you're allowed here or why your views are, apprantly because you made a good server. But that shouldent cover the kind of person you are. Which is one that most people here don't like, and yes I have asked around, and spoken to those who defend you. Asking why it is they do, what the good aspects of you are, most found that hard to say.
I'm not one to just turn on someone, I have reasons. I respect that you might think you're a nice person so i've asked people about you, but the results were not good.
You change your attitude towards other humans on this forum or leave that's fine. But you continue the way you are i'm just going to keep doing what I am, untill I get a result.
Didn't you read? I don't give a **** what people think.

So here's a few things you should consider buying before you start taking life to seriously:

images
images
jlo.jpg

LeoCrasher

Viola, sawell, NewBlood and BountieHunter calm it, this is a formal warning - no more arrogant/self-centered/insultive/childish/non-constructive posts from ya's.

Meanwhile YoYoYo, around 20% of the total people that have visited my site since i put retrocounter thingy in have been using the 800*600 resolution, thats a pretty high percentage imo. Perhaps you should record what type of resolutions people view your site at? I mean, your site is a cheat site aimed at people well... wanting cheats - not the type of person that generally knows how to do well... anything PC wise (unless they're a PC Gamer ;)), therefore the standard 800*600 res should be expected.

/Leo

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i dont see how you get to that conclusion. people use different resolutions for different monitors they have. when i had a 15" i used 800*600, when i had a 17" i used 1024*768, and now with a 21" i use 1280*1024, anything otha looks odd on my screen.

killer22

Permanently R3T/\r|)
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2003
PFC where else
farrils got a point.. rez was made to change with upgrades.. but at the same time.. maby you mite wanna make a double site. dual link it with php and res sizes so u get a 800 by 600 and also a 1024 by 768 res site. but ur site pic looks nice m8. alot better then it is atm. 1 thing i would advice is to make it more interative.. atm even on ur normal site. its so dull u go there and bored from moment 1. put some stuff to keep you going or even just more text about teh site or whats gonna happen so on. but gl yoyo and guys STOP ARGUING... its boring now lol

LeoCrasher

A good monitor can cope with a wide range of resolutions. Resolution does not have to be a reflection of screen size Farill and Killer. Also Killer, resolutions were not 'made' to change with 'upgrades', perhaps you should look into the entire idea about screen res ;).

Finally Farill you say you dont understand how I can come to some conclusion, would you be so kind as to inform me which conclusion that was - as your reply lacks any precise information for me to successfully relate and therefore reply to?

/Leo

Viola A.I.

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 14, 2003
Newcastle - UK
your site is a cheat site aimed at people well... wanting cheats - not the type of person that generally knows how to do well... anything PC wise (unless they're a PC Gamer ), therefore the standard 800*600 res should be expected.
There's your conclusion. Which isn't the truth. :P

Your trying to say every cheater and 800*600 user are retards. Whilst I agree all cheaters are retards that's not to say they all use 800*600, a biased assumption.

LeoCrasher

Not true, look at my choice of words.

"not the type of person that generally knows how to do well... anything PC wise "
"therefore the standard 800*600 res should be expected."

Its jst the same as saying someone who is familiar with a gamecube generally isn't going to know how to install linux on an xbox. Obviously there will be ppl that will, hence generally.

/Leo

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
as viola pointed out, that was your conclusion i was pointing at. that you said people with no pc knowledge should generally have a resolution of 800*600, which isnt true.

Viola A.I.

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 14, 2003
Newcastle - UK
LeoCrasher said:
Not true, look at my choice of words.

"not the type of person that generally knows how to do well... anything PC wise "
"therefore the standard 800*600 res should be expected."

Its jst the same as saying someone who is familiar with a gamecube generally isn't going to know how to install linux on an xbox. Obviously there will be ppl that will, hence generally.

/Leo
Now check out my choice of words. Hence generally, hence assumption. :)

LeoCrasher

Yes Viola, you said I made a biased assumption, but I didn't make the assumption you accused me of... "that's not to say they all use 800*600, a biased assumption.".

I said the 800*600 resoltuion should be expected from them :) - just like bad sentance structure should be expected from children aged 5 and under.

Farril: I never said they SHOULD have a resolution of 800*600, I said such a resolution should be expected - as they're not the type of person that knows how to configure a PC's settings (generally).

/Leo

Viola A.I.

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 14, 2003
Newcastle - UK
LeoCrasher said:
...I didn't make the assumption you accused me of...

...just like bad sentance structure should be expected from children aged 5 and under.
1) Why come when I talk to someone I'm accusing everyone? I simply stated what I thought Farril meant (which you asked for) and now I'm being accused of accusing you of assuming something I assumed you meant but did not.

2) If I had said that to you I'de have been banned for flaming...

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Viola A.I. said:
1) Why come when I talk to someone I'm accusing everyone? I simply stated what I thought Farril meant (which you asked for) and now I'm being accused of accusing you of assuming something I assumed you meant but did not.

1) You said generally=assumption, thats why

2)Please don't pull any of that crap, you have said far worse on this forum.

And ye, like Leo said, the majority of comp users who are not familiar with computers use the 800x600 resolution, out of choice or because that is the window's default and they don't know any better

LeoCrasher

Viola A.I. said:

1) I dont see how your question relates to this post, as I never said that you were accusing everyone, I said that you were accusing me of saying ('ALL ppl wanting cheats, use 800*600'), which I never did. You never posted anything to link to Farril's post (such as a quote). Indeed I did ask Farril, and by all accounts - you are not Farril, and did nothing to make it look like you were answering for Farril. Of course users are free to post how they like, but as you can see the question wasn't intended for you. Therefore you must accept the consequences of not making a clear link between my question and your post.

2) No, you assume (like you so often do) that you would be banned for flaming. I was not directing the comment as an insult, or showed any attempt at implying it in that context. Melee trying to furthur help readers to understand the difference between 'ALL' and 'Generally', using an expectation.

Now will you be so kind as to please research before you jump in on a post :) (that involves reading the posts).

/Leo

Viola A.I.

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 14, 2003
Newcastle - UK
LeoCrasher said:
1) I dont see how your question relates to this post, as I never said that you were accusing everyone, I said that you were accusing me of saying ('ALL ppl wanting cheats, use 800*600'), which I never did. You never posted anything to link to Farril's post (such as a quote). Indeed I did ask Farril, and by all accounts - you are not Farril, and did nothing to make it look like you were answering for Farril. Of course users are free to post how they like, but as you can see the question wasn't intended for you. Therefore you must accept the consequences of not making a clear link between my question and your post.
Farril said:
as viola pointed out, that was your conclusion i was pointing at.
Of course I was answering a question he wasn't there to answer. I said it and he said it himself. I wasn't trying to aurgue with you but when I do try to help you im suddenly accusing you in your eyes - but that's your distorted view not mine.
LeoCrasher said:
2) No, you assume (like you so often do) that you would be banned for flaming.
Last time I read the rules flaming would result in a ban.

LeoCrasher said:
I was not directing the comment as an insult, or showed any attempt at implying it in that context. Melee trying to furthur help readers to understand the difference between 'ALL' and 'Generally', using an expectation.
That's just where i've misinterpreted what you've said, like everyone does when I post. When you do it it's my fault for not 'phrasing it correctly' or something, but when you do it it's my fault for misunderstanding. Why can't you accept that people sometimes misunderstad people and it's not always someone else's fault. :)

LeoCrasher said:
Now will you be so kind as to please research before you jump in on a post :) (that involves reading the posts).
I read all of your posts, if you're implying im ignorant then I'm sorry to inform you - I've never been ignorant in my whole life. Also, what am I supposed to research (since people keep telling me to do this)?

Don't take this as a stab at you, read it like im trying to toung you or something, then maybe you won't take it the wrong way? Just an idea. :|

Last edited: