What do you work as?

smoochy boys on tour

jamessss

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 18, 2004
They won't recruit Police Officers under a certain age no, but you can still get a job within the Police doing other stuff.

I applied for 9 jobs today alone. Doubt I'll even get a single interview out of any of them.

I applied for the Police soon as i turned 18, got short listed to Manchester Acadamy. The selection process, Exams, Role plays and more exams isn't easy. Then if somehow you pass those you go to an interview to see if you will fit criteria.
I know for a fact if i nailed the SP, the interview they would of said the 'no life skills' scenario. Although it was an eye opener and gain a heap of experience to say the least.
Just turned 20 and now in the ambulance service, absolutely love it.
However like kyn says, got to stand out from the rest because the way the economy is at the moment.....
Hardest part for any job within the public services - police, fire or ambulance especially is not the tests but to get to the interview stage.

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
Applied for the London fire brigade... had help with the online application from my mates dad who done 20 years+ in the fire brigade, so was a pretty good application. Hadn't heard for 3 months so e-mailed them, said they were working their way through 6,000 applicants... still havn't heard back.

Ripman

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jul 22, 2003
Romania, Timisoara
IT Consultant on Microsoft, NetApp(NCDA Certified) and VMWare(VCP Certified) Technologies.

Designing small to medium IT enviroments and implementing them. I`m specialized in Microsoft products, virtualization with vmware and storage systems.

Last edited:

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
Like Green Goblin?!

o.O

I test all IT systems on big Companis (Audi, Telecom, E-Plus ect.) and speak with Admins and Coder
over Bugs and Performance Problems or show the Coder how he can change code to made it better. I have long work as Programmer before
I had switch to this Job.