what features do people want in mir?

smoochy boys on tour

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
thinking about re releasing sacred server, with slighlty faster leveling/new caves/items/features. But am wondering what isit that people really want?

ervinzed

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
advanced security features, automation and balance like the official version

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
No stupid levels or stats. 60 being the absolute max level.

New skills for warriors. At reachable levels.

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
No stupid levels or stats. 60 being the absolute max level.

New skills for warriors. At reachable levels.

see stuff like this confuses me, why does level 60 have to be the max level if everything continues to be balanced :S?

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I think you had Sacred mir in a good position, no need to "re-release".

All that was needed was new caves for the higher levels along with quite a few new items.
Oh and less of the "multi stat" items.

Levelling pace was good enough for new comers to catch up, drops needed tweaking a little bit.

Skepta

Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Don't really see point with 5 hero's coming up and all that but that's just my opinion i don't think Mir is big enough to have a few decent servers up, will just be 5 hero's all the way untill the next big release from now. Your server was good Todd but you can't keep up with content and you can't add anything special as you can't code you it really limit's you as of how unique you want your server to be.

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
see stuff like this confuses me, why does level 60 have to be the max level if everything continues to be balanced :S?

thats right, balance makes it good but if someone is like 10 levels above you that cannot be balanced. level 60 seems acheivable for people that dont play as much as the hardcore ones. once im ingame and see people miles away from me in levels and im finding it hard to level it puts me off.

you remember ragezone HR. that was not capped but at level 55 but it seemed pointless to go past it and it was almost impossible. after i quit to go play laptas server RZ stayed up for atleast 3 months and the highest level was 58. i quit at 55.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
thats not security? security would be like account hackings etc. Also i stopped the cheaters x
You didn't, people just used them less or not as obvious.

Swamp was still running around until the end of the server at 100mph and you didn't even bother to ban him!

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
You are working on the wrong server.

The other server you had (legion wasnt it?) had a lot of features while this only had the "added-stats" features more or less. It was fun but when u started it was just a mess arround server so not sure why u fell so much in love with this compared to Legion which was way more fun and also more secure.

Hero files are just bad ugly and have the wrong feeling imo.

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
You are working on the wrong server.

The other server you had (legion wasnt it?) had a lot of features while this only had the "added-stats" features more or less. It was fun but when u started it was just a mess arround server so not sure why u fell so much in love with this compared to Legion which was way more fun and also more secure.

Hero files are just bad ugly and have the wrong feeling imo.

yeah legion files are still on my other computer, will decide what to do :S

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
yeah legion files are still on my other computer, will decide what to do :S

From what i remember the files were pretty fine and had a ton of content till lvl60 then leveling was kinda soft-capped and content was minimal. If that was the case and with the lack of servers arround you could even get em online while online work on 60+ content since i dont remember any problems before that lvl.

They are way better files, they are not a euro clone with some bits here and there, they require minimum effort from you to get online something playable and in general you have nothing to lose by sticking em online even without doing anything on em.

After all in a month or so i guess ppl will move to ben's server no matter which files u use so it will be a mess-arround server at any case

/Mitsos