"What is this 'Council' thing about?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
"What is this 'Council' thing about?"

I see some of you are already starting to catch on there's a new rank around.

The 'Council'.

"What do they do?"

Well, basically when an admin or mod locks a thread, or does something you concider to be offensive, or unnecissary, you can go to the council, and tell them the problem, and provide your evidence.

It's a way to help us, help you.

"How do i join the Council?"

Sorry, but only supermods and admins who have served for a long time, with a good reputation can get into the Council. This makes sure that we know the system works.

Thanks for your time, and don't forget - they're here to help you, not me.

Merlin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 7, 2003
Well as Auron said were here to help. Just give me a pm and im more than willing to sort something out. I still havnt got my flashy name tho :cry: Hopefully this is another step into making LOMCN great and im glad im apart of it

Hate

very nice, do they have ne powers to help on the forum? such as locking and deleting etc?

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
Its Only A Guess But I Think They Have Admin Powers. They Have Atleast Mod As i Saw Merlin Move A Post Before.

Merlin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 7, 2003
I have super mod powers. I do not have admin powers however i do have close contact with Sir Auron and other admins

Devina

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Hello everyone...

I too am on the council.

As Auron said in this original post the council members are here for the people that use this forum. Our job is to serve as a mediator, if you will, when users feel that they are having a problem with the staff.

For a person to do this they must have certain qualities in their personality. Being verbally abusive, hot headed, and arrogant are not part of these traits.

In order to solve problems one must be able to calmly discuss issues and offer solutions. Not be an expert on throwing back insults. One must be calm and try to make everyone involved understand what each side is saying without shouting. One must be OBJECTIVE meaning not take sides with anyone but get to the core of the problem and find a solution. As far as arrogance, the person should not be doing this for recognition and praises...

Many of the people that helped here did so behind the scenes. Meaning that users did not really see much of them or their actions. However, their opinions, suggestions, and ability to calmly look at things without prejudice helped make things work smoother here.

In the end it is the admins right to choose who they feel best suited for the council...

I look forward to being able to continue my help to this community in anyway I can.

Devina

Merlin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 7, 2003
Ok i have split the thread into two. If you want to complain please do it in the complaint forum. This post can now only be posted on by Super Mods and Admins as well as Council

Status
Not open for further replies.