Other What players want????

smoochy boys on tour

johnyl1

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 24, 2003
Portugal
Ok, me and a friend we got a coder and we making a m2 server from scratch, my question is... what ppl want? As an old Euromir player, i want to make it like euro was about drops and items, i think a good server should have all rings above dragon, plats and rubys extremely rare so the server and market could work, this way weapon upgrade will be balanced too coz there wont be much rares to waste on upgrades, also the idea of to much gold ingame is bad, drops should stay low so ppl would have to hunt and use the pickaxe to get ore, once again will balance the market...
Also lvling up to fast screws the game (my oppinion of corse), we go up to fast and then what? we have to w8 for new patch so we can keep hunting lol!! Anyway it's just my thoughts.
lemme know what u guys think about this so we can tweak it!

TravisW

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
Players do not want Euro.

Your a moron if you think they do.

Players want this - http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?73957-SijoMiR-Development

Untill this comes along, they'll play the server with the biggest UC/most stable files, and even this might fail.

its basically a new Mir, modeled of euro rates but without the same repeated content.

You will never be able to please everyone, some like euro style, some don't. But liking one over the other surely doesn't make someone a moron. Get over yourself.

Jest

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
What do you mean starting from scratch? If you mean all the coding from nothing than that is way too much work for one person.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
What do you mean starting from scratch? If you mean all the coding from nothing than that is way too much work for one person.

I also have this question, I think the question you should be asking is what source files are worth picking up (if you have a coder) or if you are starting from scratch what language is going to benefit the game.

Sam

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
If you are coding from scratch it would be interesting to know what language you will be using. If I was to build Mir 2 from scratch I would do it in C++ as it's one of the more powerful languages.

SlippitySchlong

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2013
Make a euro clone then add in all the Korean and Chinese content. It's as simple as that...

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Make a euro clone then add in all the Korean and Chinese content. It's as simple as that...

why would people want a euro clone?....Seriously nothing depresses me more than having to do level 0-40 again in exactly the same places, with exactly the same items, exactly the same boss AI's. And this just isnt my opinion, almost every euro clone tried has failed. the Oldskool gaming team have done it twice, both times its failed. Its fun for the first month as Nogilstilca? then it just gets dull.

People play mir for the game play (Sandbox/skill based combat/and the Grind) . an MMORPG is a journey, and treading on ground treaded 1000000 times before is not fun.

Make your own journey, but keep mirs gameplay especially if your going to code it from scratch....Hell id even say re-code some of the euro spells so their actually usefull, like firebang/gfball/healing ect ect. Completly new boss AI's, which are actually challenging instead oh lets use ZT/WT/MK/EM/OK AI, which people figured out how to beat 6 years ago......

Jest

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
almost every euro clone tried has failed. the Oldskool gaming team have done it twice, both times its failed.

That was mainly due to the fact it was made and ran by the 'Oldskool gaming team'.