What they dont tell you about phones

smoochy boys on tour

AgentSmith

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 30, 2003
Sheffield (S2)
Well reciently i have been getting sim card not found message when i boot up my phone. took it in to be repaired under the manufactures warranty only to be told i have water damage, strange i though seen as i have not spilled or submerged my phone in any liquid but it was at this point i was told that water damage can be from using your phone in the rain to changes in temperature 0.o.

So what i was being told is that i cannot use my phone in the rain, cannot take it outside till my house is at the same temperature as outside, putting it in my pocket and don't even think about entering a shop with a pressure system on a cold day. My examples may seem a little over the top but basically thats what they are saying, wouldn't mind but when did they EVER say any of these things when i bought the contract hows about a little notice

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
do you have to shout through the shop door before you enter , and ask the assistants if the pressure system is on?

LOL.

AgentSmith

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 30, 2003
Sheffield (S2)
When its raining i tend not to get my phone out, comman sense really.

well i guess your the type to take wellingtons where ever you go just so you don't get your socks wet....common sense ain't it.

most just answer the phone when it rings...well i hardly see ppl running into shop doors to answer the phone

Floyd

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2004
completely see where ur coming from with this, it wouldn't happen to be a sony ericsson would it?

ive had tonnes of problems with mine and each time ive gone in or foned up its been my fault, now im not the most carefull of owners with my fone, sure its been dropped a few times but its not like i throw it off walls on purpose + surely they can take a few light knocks, get slightly damp, there are tolerance levels!!!

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
bought a motorla V3I for xmas cost £110 , about may was trying to use phone for text and all it wld do was go onto camera and zoom in as that was short cut for right button, ( i had answered phone in the rain earlier on, very light rain) takes it in tells the guy at shop says yeh probably keypad problem so took it off me n sent it off, gets it back then mayb 2 weeks l8r same happened agen so i thought **** it left charger in and left it in my room for 3 days. opened it up and used it after that was only 2 days ago after txting in light rain with couple of drops getting on it half hour l8r mayb dun it agen few times, and fine now agen.

V3I = very sensitive to rain as soon as it happens agen gonna take it back to the shop tbh n try n blag a new phone or my money back tbh after all wat goods a warranty unless u use it.

>DMX<

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Manchester
well i guess your the type to take wellingtons where ever you go just so you don't get your socks wet....common sense ain't it.

most just answer the phone when it rings...well i hardly see ppl running into shop doors to answer the phone

Well if you knew water could damage your phone even with such items as mp3's etc why would rain not apply? Id rather not knacker my phone up so im sure i could wait till it stopped raining or i was shelterd to look at my phone.

No need to get groggy ove it just learn from your mistake ;).

AgentSmith

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 30, 2003
Sheffield (S2)
completely see where ur coming from with this, it wouldn't happen to be a sony ericsson would it?

ive had tonnes of problems with mine and each time ive gone in or foned up its been my fault, now im not the most carefull of owners with my fone, sure its been dropped a few times but its not like i throw it off walls on purpose + surely they can take a few light knocks, get slightly damp, there are tolerance levels!!!

yeah it is a sony ericsson and to think i used to rate sony ericsson but if they are gonna be like that i may have to go back to nokia *sigh*

AgentSmith

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 30, 2003
Sheffield (S2)
Well if you knew water could damage your phone even with such items as mp3's etc why would rain not apply? Id rather not knacker my phone up so im sure i could wait till it stopped raining or i was shelterd to look at my phone.

No need to get groggy ove it just learn from your mistake ;).

well i work in an outside environment i.e standing in the middle of a building compound trying to find out where my orders are or even in out stores its cold to a warm car.

i think you are failing to see that using your phone in the rain is normal use and so the phones should be tested and insulated for such use, as a paying customer i should not have to put up with faults like this without due warning that this could happen.

NeoTrunks

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 30, 2004
well i work in an outside environment i.e standing in the middle of a building compound trying to find out where my orders are or even in out stores its cold to a warm car.

i think you are failing to see that using your phone in the rain is normal use and so the phones should be tested and insulated for such use, as a paying customer i should not have to put up with faults like this without due warning that this could happen.

get an umbrella ella ella eh eh eh

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
how is this thread " not remotely true" they do not tell u dont get ne rain what so ever on ur phone otherwise things will go wrong with it, as ppl hav sed ud think phones designers by now wld have made phones a little tolerant to a touch of rain a drop on the floor etc.

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
I don't know how you people think wherever your from, but here in the good old US of A, we have a little thing called "common sense". Don't put electronic things in water. Never a good combo. And yes, phones have been made to withstand a few drops of water, but to submerge something into water or to make it soaking wet is a different story. My old blackberry 7130c was talked to in the shower, the pool, and even a light rain. Did it ever malfunction? No. It's all about the phone you get. Of course manufacturers aren't going to make phones designed to be waterproof, that would be too expensive and a waste of time. Use common sense.

Floyd

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2004
yeah it is a sony ericsson and to think i used to rate sony ericsson but if they are gonna be like that i may have to go back to nokia *sigh*

Ill Defo be having a nokia after my contract is up, never had any problems with them except what i caused lol

guess sony ericssons r just shat, i kno a few ppl who had problems with em :(

@bio, Who Mentioned they submerged their fone, were not that thick over here!!

Ripman

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jul 22, 2003
Romania, Timisoara
I have Motorola L6 and i use it in rain, cold, toilet drop :) warever u want and it works 100% so!!!! i think u all have bad phones....a phone is ment to work in different environments lol..