What would you want from WoW?

smoochy boys on tour

Spyro18

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 1, 2004
Watford, England
A mate of mine is wanting to make a WoW server and wanted me to find some things out...
He just wanted to see what people would want from a server.

• Exp rate
  • Drop rate
  • Item stats
  • Anything else you'd like to see
Thanks...

Last edited:

SoldustGaming

LOMCN n00bie
Jun 25, 2009
spyro, good to see you. Its me stuart. Well on one hand, you could come be an admin on my server just about to update it to the latest version. was waiting until somone released some files that wernt buggy >_<

Well from what I have experianced is that normaly people that join a WOW private server cannot be bothered to do anything. A lot of people like PVP and focus on getting to max level as fast as possible so they can just fight amoungst themselves.

On my server the exp rates are as follows.

Monster Kill EXP: x10
Quest EXP: x20
Exploration EXP: x10

Its fairly fast to level but not too over the top.

Drop rates depend on what server files you are using. I had some files once that were not too bad but these new ones have world drops. I killed a level 7 kobold and got a level 42 item. It doesnt happen very often but still get a lot of cash out of somthing like that for a lower level.

I wouldnt change item stats.... havent needed to really there are enough items in game already.

Also, be sure to explore instances before you release the server. Me and some friends went to an instance on mine and bumped into the final boss of the instance sitting by the doorway as we walked in. damn camper.