Where can i down load the artificial server?

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
I'm sorry it's not available right now - we're running a few stress tests on our development server which we're planning to beta test shortly. When it's publically available we'll let you know. At the moment we just want to make sure we're not going to run into any performance issues and pushing server to capacity. Only our admin team have access to the server right now whilst we get things ready.

Reactions: golson

golson

Banned
Banned
Feb 16, 2019
your heart
I'm sorry it's not available right now - we're running a few stress tests on our development server which we're planning to beta test shortly. When it's publically available we'll let you know. At the moment we just want to make sure we're not going to run into any performance issues and pushing server to capacity. Only our admin team have access to the server right now whilst we get things ready.
Is the server doing stress testing? I see u/c 200+ . Are you testing for virtual login?

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
Is the server doing stress testing? I see u/c 200+ . Are you testing for virtual login?
Yep we're stress testing our dev server with some basic bots to generate load; Been stable so far :)

We want to ensure our files are ready for when we do launch live!

Reactions: ventus and golson

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
As i spoke with different server owners, no offence or take me being hostile. You could always switch port for this stress testings so other servers dont get "damaged" by its player base seeing a 600 server online.

I can stress test my server right now with 1000 bots, i bet 10 trolls would start throw **** in the following second.

Reactions: Sanjian

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
As i spoke with different server owners, no offence or take me being hostile. You could always switch port for this stress testings so other servers dont get "damaged" by its player base seeing a 600 server online.

I can stress test my server right now with 1000 bots, i bet 10 trolls would start throw **** in the following second.

It's marketing 101.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
It's marketing 101.

Thats not marketing.

Marketing its when you see that fancy chocolate from an advert but it tastes like poop.

Its not when you see a Chocolate flavoured CandyBar and you get a Vanilla one.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Thats not marketing.

Marketing its when you see that fancy chocolate from an advert but it tastes like poop.

Its not when you see a Chocolate flavoured CandyBar and you get a Vanilla one.

We're talking about the server, aren't we?

That's marketing and it's working.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex

im with zed here, you could have switched ports and kept your "stress test" private. your drawing attention to a server thats not live, yet on the server list and players cant connect to it seeing 500+ players online at some times...

faking a usercount is against lomcns rules... regardless of reasons.

maybe its best i dont get a staff position lol

Reactions: zedina

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Hey zed no worries, just wanted to test it out server load capacity, seems we're OK. I've killed off the horde sorry to have upset you and the other server owners youre referring to. It was a simple due diligence test :)

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Hey zed no worries, just wanted to test it out server load capacity, seems we're OK. I've killed off the horde sorry to have upset you and the other server owners youre referring to. It was a simple due diligence test :)

OK, so i can set my server tonight with 1000 Usercount because .... "its a stress test" and looks OK on LOMCN.

This is worse than Arcadia's Stalls.

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Just for the record, for those who want to get antsy we didn't falsify our user count, it was a true count of players in game at the time, they just happened to be AI controlled. We're in the process of upgrading to our 2.0 files and are getting things configured to release standards. Im not going to preach on how we do things, but there was no malicious intent.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Just for the record, for those who want to get antsy we didn't falsify our user count, it was a true count of players in game at the time, they just happened to be AI controlled. We're in the process of upgrading to our 2.0 files and are getting things configured to release standards. Im not going to preach on how we do things, but there was no malicious intent.

If you didnt wanted to attract the attention you would of switched port how sanjian suggested.

But based on user's feedback, was just an "GOOD marketing 101", which all will probably follow the same "marketing tactic" and we will be full of 400 UC servers.

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Erm...using AI as users is falsifying user count. Whats stopping you from using the same process when it goes live to boost your UC? You are risking people not trusting your UC when you go live. I would be very careful what abilities you show while you are testing.

Why is it on the server list anyway if its not even live?

Reactions: Sanjian and zedina

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Anyone can open a bunch of clients on their server lmao. What are you on?

We've been totally open about what we're doing and why.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
The fact this charade was running from last night till now it doesnt show its a "Stress testing" more likely a "marketing strategy".

I respect Chriz for being your coder as he is a top guy but this is not right to the other server owners.

PledgeOfBlood been attacked by DDoS and packet hanging from the day 1. I could always blame the attacks just to "stress test" and boost my UC to 300-400.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
They have openly mentioned it was stress testing, that should be the end of it. If they used AI to perform these tests, then that's actually more than Arcadia is doing with thier stalls, which is ongoing and nothing has been done?

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
They have openly mentioned it was stress testing, that should be the end of it. If they used AI to perform these tests, then that's actually more than Arcadia is doing with thier stalls, which is ongoing and nothing has been done?

Arcadia dont have bots. And how Violent said, what will stop to use at server launch again?