Where is PI?

smoochy boys on tour

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I've been looking at mir3D world map and while it has plenty of artistic license, still in the main it shows the mir2 provinces layout.

One thing I find odd is placement of Prajna Island in the sea North of Mongchon. I've always thought PI is someplace down South East in the sea. That's because of the Sailor NPC location, nothing else to it I guess. Does Korean official mir2 have the sailor in the same place?

In terms of level progression, it would seem logical for the island to be up North where mir3D has it. It made me wonder where pple take the island to be. I once did a mir2 map collage, assembling province minimaps into one big world map and PI I put down into the sea, the Western tip of the island where PI Village is would be somewhere South of where the Sailor is.

1667105964604.png
Tree Path is also weirdly placed and on its own island but at least its up there North.

Last edited:

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
On Euro, PI was normally South of the map.

I'm not sure why it's placed differently on there.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
If it's an island and you need a boat, in theory, it could be anywhere. it's like getting on a boat in Dover, to go to Northern Ireland or something? if you didn't know where Northern Ireland is, you'd assume it was southeast.

Reactions: mir2pion

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Generally Prajna (Skeleton Island in old Mir3) has always been south usually below Bichon - as depicted in several world maps. However new Mir3 got rid of the island altogether and just turned it in to a land connected province (i believe they had a back story behind it)

Mir3 (its the island with the yellow building)
1667168059104.png

Mir3
1667168112271.png

Mir3
1667168184446.png

Mir3
1667168228873.png

Mir2
1667168385641.png

Mir2
1667168165948.png

Mir2
1667168198007.png

Mir2 (Not a worldmap, but the original most people might know)
1667168659181.png

But yeah, looking at that Mir3D map looks like they've just gone in a different direction to all the layout, whilsts trying to keep a little familiarity with the provinces.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Mir3D is uncannily different and yet the same as mir2 but it takes to a while to recognize the similarities. When you do, you want to strike your forehead. However with PI they have gone overboard. But perhaps they were finally following the true historic maps layout where the previous mir maps didn't.

There is definitely some region and historic times on which mir2 is modeled. The one puzzling thing is why would Korean Wemade co. place the historical base of their game somewhere in China, or since mir3D is wholly Chinese take on mir2, why would they talk so much of history on their website and make clear the towns of mir are modeled after actual historical towns, if that region was somewhere in Korea.

1667176955272.png

This world map is maybe the most fairy tale like of all the maps here but mir2 layout is still there. If I get back to my mir2 world map project, I will place PI in the South sea as maps in the previous Far's post have it. If you sail straight South from where the Sailor is located, you would round the Western edge of the island and come around to East to land on the PI Village dock.

BTW who did that minimap collage?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
The minimap collage is from original game network euro mir, decades ago.

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
The minimap collage is from original game network euro mir, decades ago.
Is this a concept before Mir went into Production?

All I've known as Prajna Island being South of Bichon Province and taking the boat to reach there.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Is this a concept before Mir went into Production?

All I've known as Prajna Island being South of Bichon Province and taking the boat to reach there.
How do you know you went south? As Martyn said above, the boat could take you anywhere, you just assumed you went down.

You also just imagined the fact you took a boat there.

That map isn't a world map, it's just minimaps stuck together. Obviously there is no true place of prajna as mir isn't real and the maps aren't connected lol.

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
How do you know you went south? As Martyn said above, the boat could take you anywhere, you just assumed you went down.

You also just imagined the fact you took a boat there.

That map isn't a world map, it's just minimaps stuck together. Obviously there is no true place of prajna as mir isn't real and the maps aren't connected lol.
I was going down on the map. You paid the guy a few gold and then the boat took you to PI.

That's how Euro was for me in the days if I was without a guild territory.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I was going down on the map. You paid the guy a few gold and then the boat took you to PI.

How do you know you were going down from border to prajna? Was there a boat that visibily took you down?

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield

Euro never had PI, GI, Tao School etc at first.
So although we know it's not a concept from before mir started (As Far confirmed it's just minimaps from the client joined together), it can't have been anyway due to these provinces coming years after launch :)

Reactions: Omnibus

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Euro never had PI, GI, Tao School etc at first.
So although we know it's not a concept from before mir started (As Far confirmed it's just minimaps from the client joined together), it can't have been anyway due to these provinces coming years after launch :)

Yeah originally GameNetwork released a much simpler (and very low res) version of the joined minimaps, which didn't have those newer maps you mention - don't have a backup of that though.

Heres another one from official korea (again this was of a later patch). Also, ignore those 2 provinces you're likely not familiar with :ROFLMAO:

1667214896547.png

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
Yeah originally GameNetwork released a much simpler (and very low res) version of the joined minimaps, which didn't have those newer maps you mention - don't have a backup of that though.

Heres another one from official korea (again this was of a later patch). Also, ignore those 2 provinces you're likely not familiar with :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 29394
On Euro Mir, there was an inaccessible Entrance on Castle GI just a few corners away from BDD.

This map marks out my familiarity with Euro.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I see only one. But it never materialized, right?

Looked so familiar, I almost thought I made it but forgot about it :D
There's 2 (left of bichon connecting up to PI)

They're both maps I created years ago