Why do you all want x20 servers?

mauldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
People posting on here that most EI servers are all x3, x5 etc and they wonder why people have not put a server up that is x20 etc?

Now i suggest these very same people try something - they set up a server with x20 exp and then run it live - make sure you have a forum for people to complain to and watch how long it takes for people to start posting that they are bored as they are already level 45 after a few days and nowhere to hunt.

Then you - as a server owner will have to set aside a lot of time making a lot more maps (probably copying the exsisting ones) and then creating the same mobs but with different names and even higher stats - next you will have to make better items and the list goes on......

If you cannot really be bothered to play the game at all - then why not play a different type of game? FPS for exmaple do not require that you got LEVEL up or why not hack Diablo 2 or something so you can complete the game in a few hours?

Personally i do not like Server with like X10 or X20 exp as its just daft as you level on killing hens and i just dont see the point !!!

mauldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
OK lets take your exmaple - lets say a server was created at x20 exp - somebody logins in at level 1 and by the end of the day they are level 45 - now what? so they discover that the mobs have been renamed but the images are the same - the maps are the same - maybe some have been copied to make new places but at the end of the day you have the same EI as the next server in line surely? Why do people PAY to go on MIR2 and that is 1x - surely this should have no players as its such a crap speed to level?

So what is it people are after - is it maybe a server with lots of people on? f that was the case then it would be a better idea to create less servers online and have more people working on the said servers - this way we could have more people per server instead of loads all with 10-30 people on max playing most of the time?

I think people are bored of MIR2 - they try MIR3 which is just enhanced MIR2 anyhow as you have better Res, more colours and you can ride horses, see your Helmet your wearing etc. The level 0-20 say are much the same - you go to the same noob places as you would on MIR2 so in that respect it might as well be MIR2. People start a new server which means they have to start at level 0 and go up the noob levels yet again and again as they try each server - so im guessing they look for a High Exp server so they can skip the noob level quickly and thus go to better places maybe?

My point though was thus:
As a Server running dude - running a High Exp Server requires a LOT of your time - all the time - to keep people from getting bored becuase they went and killed 5 more hens and went up yet another level and now have nowhere to hunt...

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
Ok lets see :-

1.Most mir2 servers that come out and are popular have around about 20x exp or more.
2.Ei is alot bigger than mir2 and people dont get bored in mir 2 servers usually so i doubt they will get bored in the much bigger EI
3.Just over 1/2 (or more) of the people who play mir2 play/like high level exp, start and high items and since there hasn't been even one server like this then you have been looseing at least 1/2 of the people that you proberly could get.
4.You say that you can get to level 45 in one day hmm? Well how come on WhIpLaSh (Mir2) from level 34 with over 20x exp it look me about a month or so? And even then you can level past it and it takes time.
5.I know it would be hard work but its not as hard as you might think (i know from personal experience) and you dont really need to add any more items of places to level at first but i wish that someone would just try it and i can guarantee better results.

/Miles

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
Basically, Mir 3 has hardly any high stat / exp servers, whereas mir2 does, ei is fun, but boring when ilevellins is slow

mauldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
The reason i wrote this was Mainly my Exp on Dragonet - this was 10x (though its all over the shop to be honest so hard to pin down exact exp) and i started 3 chars - one of each class. The stats on the items were uber as you got to level 45+ and you went through levels so quick it was not worth levelling any of the lower spells or even bothering to use them.

So lets see - I start off level 0 - i hit a hen and man - im already a few levels up. SO i get some money (they drops a lot do the low level mobs) and get to BW. I then go and rennt 25 Wizard and head off to Oma Caves - i head for connected path and find 20-30 BE hanging about - all die in seconds cos the wizard soon waste them - I get 9600 Exp Per BE. I do this for one hour until wizards untame (i have not actually hit anything yet myself). I then TT back - go grab 25 more wizzys and contiue. Few hours later and im level 35 (by moving to higher level places for more Exp - i have not yet bought a single Spell to learn etc. I now have 2 million in gold and by now can hire a nice hard pet plus those 25 wizzys and go to even better places.

Pretty soon im level 45 - lets say 2 days max and other people in game give me uber items and im set - not a single boss in the game i cant solo - even a place full of boss mobs is not a problem - why - cos they have on that server blue drugs which tops up 65535 HP - so no matter what I can get back to full hp no matter what my level. My Dc is approaching 135 - i can waste ZT in a few seconds flat.

Now what happens basically is i get bored after a few weeks of this, so i start another char and end of levelling 3 instead of one - brill. Though again im back to the point where i have 90 odd MC and can Hellice any boss mob so he wont move again (yup that old bug). I can rent a Ox Warrior and again even as a wiz, no boss mob is a problem.

Can you see what i meant? A lot of people that were on there have left becuase they could nto see the point of getting to level 55 for example - whats the point - there is nothing to kill.

This was a example of of one server - which is what i meant by the server op having to add harder obs - then better kit etc to keep up with the growing level of the people on there...

Not everyone wants to play on a server that you can rush through the levels in a few days otheriwse there would be no servers running at all. Now on mine (as a exmaple) there is people who have been playing lets say about one week and there nearly level 40 and this is with the so claimed LOW x5 Exp !! the average level of people is about 30 actually as the server got the db wiped - reset back to 5 and people came back (some of them) and started from Zero.

To give a Example - ZT is 12000 exp on mir 2 is it not - so x5 means you get 60000 exp - yet on the x10 Server (Dragonet as a example) its 56000 - hmmm which is what i was saying about using the MSRF database as a guide to the mob exp levels.....

BeMo-

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 22, 2003
Miles said:
Ok lets see :-

1.Most mir2 servers that come out and are popular have around about 20x exp or more.
2.Ei is alot bigger than mir2 and people dont get bored in mir 2 servers usually so i doubt they will get bored in the much bigger EI
3.Just over 1/2 (or more) of the people who play mir2 play/like high level exp, start and high items and since there hasn't been even one server like this then you have been looseing at least 1/2 of the people that you proberly could get.
4.You say that you can get to level 45 in one day hmm? Well how come on WhIpLaSh (Mir2) from level 34 with over 20x exp it look me about a month or so? And even then you can level past it and it takes time.
5.I know it would be hard work but its not as hard as you might think (i know from personal experience) and you dont really need to add any more items of places to level at first but i wish that someone would just try it and i can guarantee better results.

/Miles
1 month? Pfft ;) We KNOW you were faster than that.

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
Shhh cvig :P it was about 2 weeks or so but that was because i own at leveling and WhIpLaSh has about 40x exp :P so i doubled it lol

/Miles

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
i agree with miles but i also agree with mauldor the way i think of it is people like always levels so u put all the skills on a higher level so say starting lvl was 7 u wud still get frieball but ur nxt magic wudnt be till lvl 16 and the wud either be repulsion or e-shock and then while doing tht hex ur m2server and change the highest lvl u can goto in game to b big and put some stats on item bout 1 0r 2 stats higher and thats what i call a good server worth playing.hope fully a server like i have just mentioned will come out like tht in mir 3 :) and loads people will b happy but don't you agree tht a server i jst sed wud b maybe long lasting and have a good few players.

mauldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
So we are agreed i think (lol) that there is a difference between levels and kit then - so you can get through the noobs stages (which i agree is a pain in the arse tbh - unless your totally new to mir like - any version) and get the normal type kit as per normal db but you have more items for later levels right??

I sort of done this (minis the uber exp though) in a funny sort of way cos the kit stopped at level 40 i think but i have kit atm all the way upto 46 with each level 40-46 having a item which has stats slightly better than the last one if you see what i mean.

When i read the various posts maybe i read them the wrong way maybe - i thought people wanted at 20x server (or more) with a start level of 35 and have kit that was soo uber it was unreal - though you can only go to max 249 anyhow - so there is a natural limit like..

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
Mauldor i didnt see your last post so im going to reply to it now:

When i said 20x exp servers i meant fast leveling, but i never said big item drops etc and i never said that monsters will be easy.

The whole point about high level start / stat etc servers are the fact that the monsters are balanced so there harder than usual thats the whole way that people can play these servers without getting bored

You can also change how many pets you can have / how much they cost etc until its totally balanced and i think this will make private servers alot better =)

/Miles

NewBlood

Natural Selection
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
Manchester
Simple reason people want high exp mir3 servers?

Because it hasnt been done yet. Why play one ei server when its probbaly identical to anuther one. You need like mir2 something that seperates your server form the rest. If you try to make your server longterm it wil most likely fail within days because no one will play.

Speaking of that the commen fault is people presume high exp = short term but look at project69 for an example extreme high exp has been going 1 year and is still going strong.

MuHackingWolf

mauldor said:
OK lets take your exmaple - lets say a server was created at x20 exp - somebody logins in at level 1 and by the end of the day they are level 45 - now what? so they discover that the mobs have been renamed but the images are the same - the maps are the same - maybe some have been copied to make new places but at the end of the day you have the same EI as the next server in line surely? Why do people PAY to go on MIR2 and that is 1x - surely this should have no players as its such a crap speed to level?

So what is it people are after - is it maybe a server with lots of people on? f that was the case then it would be a better idea to create less servers online and have more people working on the said servers - this way we could have more people per server instead of loads all with 10-30 people on max playing most of the time?

I think people are bored of MIR2 - they try MIR3 which is just enhanced MIR2 anyhow as you have better Res, more colours and you can ride horses, see your Helmet your wearing etc. The level 0-20 say are much the same - you go to the same noob places as you would on MIR2 so in that respect it might as well be MIR2. People start a new server which means they have to start at level 0 and go up the noob levels yet again and again as they try each server - so im guessing they look for a High Exp server so they can skip the noob level quickly and thus go to better places maybe?

My point though was thus:
As a Server running dude - running a High Exp Server requires a LOT of your time - all the time - to keep people from getting bored becuase they went and killed 5 more hens and went up yet another level and now have nowhere to hunt...

it would take atleast 3 weeks to become even 40 and thats only if u r hardcore <_<

mauldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
Mr Wolf - My Server at 5x Exp has been been back on for about 1 week and already there is people at 40 now - i played One day on DragonNet at there Exp and was Level 38 - you sure you not thinking Mir2?

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
MuHackingWolf said:
it would take atleast 3 weeks to become even 40 and thats only if u r hardcore <_<

Not true, i previously played DragonNet 10x EXP server.
Within 1 week i was level 40
Within 2 weeks i was level 46

I believe that a 10x EXP server for mir3 is like having a 40x EXP server for Mir2. Check out the required EXP per level on a mir2 and a mir3 server, my guess is that there is a big difference.

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
if a mir3 server had good exp high in other words i would play it just seems funner and then u get to own peeps its funnnn!!

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
not read anyones post. coz u all suck. you all want it to easy, just because its free servers. why get to level 40 in 3 weeks? when in beta it took you 2 years? your all just boring wanks and dont deserve to have the privilage of going on free servers.

/farril

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
ill see if i can make a ei server with 40x exp too see what ppl want as in how long b4 they get bored and so on ill just put it up standard for now 24/7 big spawns so on just for a test

mauldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
Xander - all the best luck mate - ive nothing against high exp servers by the way i was just wondering if people maybe look at the server as a place to play quickly for a while - get bored and then move to next game etc.

Although High Exp servers do get people no dount they are just passing through and generally the people I met when playing on my first days now 90% are gone by one means or another.

As you see though - everybody has a different idea of what they want out of a server and thus good that there is loads about that offer various exp, stats etc so there is enough to go around for anybody.

If there was a server that was very true to the real mir experiece but it cost me nothing and the exp was 1x - then i would happily play no problem becuase i would term that server as long term rather than a quick play.

MMORPG are after all meant to be a gradual rising through the ranks with the lure that at the next level you get better stats etc and thus take on harder mobs. If i come on a server and can go from 0-40 lets say in 2 days or less then i might as well dig out my copy of a FPS instead to be honest..

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
*looks at all the big posts*
bah...
Simple....
Someone give it a try...
Then get the results......
and then talk....................

EDIT: oops :p like Xander said lol, I just got bored of all the theoretic b/s :p and skipped to posting lol

Ty :tyty:
Turin.