Why do you still play Mir?

Eddie Strike

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2010
For me, it's purely for nostalgia. (Mir was my first mmo)

I don't even think mir is a good game, but I'm still inclined to play it for the fear it'll be dead one day.

You? :k

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Grew up with Mir I guess... Can't say I have really played another mmorpg properly lol...

Think I played wow for an hour but didn't captivate me.

I don't really play anymore but the interest is still there for some unknown reason.

Sam

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Edit-ability for me; it's the only mmo that's half decent that i've come across being so easy to manipulate and edit.

If the wils were completely locked down, and it was difficult to add npcs / quests etc in game, i think i'd have lost complete interest by now.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
I was MMORPG-virgin until I found Mir. I like to play it sometimes to remember old times.

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
Mir is the only mmo i could ever get into ( runescape was my first love as a 10 year old boy lol) I don't play mir anymore or any mmo. I'd come back to mir if official came back.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I suppose 'first love' syndrom has a lot to do with it with most here, myself I did happen to start on Red Moon as my very first MMORPG but that was for like half a year in 2001 - the game felt a bit too fast, too risky, too arcade like for my liking, also it suffered from poor updating from Korean parent company LOL and when I heard ingame that some online game called LoM is opening new server in September I decided to go have a look at it and stayed next what, eight yrs counting? Plus about one year of mir usa.

Never liked 3d game view, IMO 2d isometric of the mir2 flavor is just right, you really don't need more for game enjoyment, at least of the sort mir provides. Its too bad mir3 split off, I'd rather see they kept mir2 looks and gameplay and just kept adding to it to make it bigger and newer on the perimeter, inside which new pple would always find those old original lands of mir2. I did try mir3 couple times but stayed just a day or two and came back to original mir. Mir3 had smaller character and items in bag or on avatar looked too big, just to mention game looks, the feel was also different for no good reason.

I guess it all comes down to familiarity with what you got to know over all those years playing and it feels like being at home whenever you log on.

sprite110911

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2011
Los Angeles
Im Chinese.
I still remember the old times back to 09.28.2001 Chinese Mir2 open beta.
Mir2 is my first MMO game.
I cant explanit why still playing this game after 12 years later.
I just love Mir2...

Eddie Strike

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2010
Im Chinese.
I still remember the old times back to 09.28.2001 Chinese Mir2 open beta.
Mir2 is my first MMO game.
I cant explanit why still playing this game after 12 years later.
I just love Mir2...

I wish I was chinese so I could share the mir2 love. :)

Roborius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2012
I'm italian and... i share the love ^___^
(proud Dragon_Server's player and Cavalieri_Templari's member since 2001)

spacemonstar

Yours Truly
Dedicated Member
Aug 12, 2004
England
Mir wasn't my first RPG by a long shot, but I love to grind so Euro Mir always suited me. The community was always great as is still evident given that LOMCN is still running with an active community. Too many MMO's these days focus on casual players, you can solo through content as much as you want. To me, that's exactly what an MMO shouldn't be. I like my games to be tough, Demon Souls tough.

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
I still play it because it is the only MMO with a community that swings from game to game where WOW is just to big and not very social in my opinion.

TheMasterGee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 23, 2003
Discovery early on, a fresh game where no one knew anything about anything. Challenges for a while after that.

After the challenges.. just social. Then.. well played alot of games, but none of them have the rawness and basic control as this.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
As like many Mir was basically my first proper online game which tended to kill a lot of my younger days haha, i don't really play it now but mir will always have a place in my heart.

CraZyEriK

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 23, 2006
Alicante, Spain
As like many Mir was basically my first proper online game which tended to kill a lot of my younger days haha, i don't really play it now but mir will always have a place in my heart.

agree with you, mir have a place in my heart for play always :p

BleH

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 14, 2004
Bristol, UK, England
The pvp system in mir is unique (well the way it works with the game), along with the fact you can properly grind (no bullshit questing every 2 mins).