will my motherboard handle this Graphics card?

smoochy boys on tour

Paddy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 30, 2007
Well to start with i have a Foxconn P4M800P7MB motherboard i know its very old lol. But atm i dont have the funds to buy a new desktop :(.

i have a radeon 9250 128mb AGP card. (i got this for free off a buddy) i was useing onboard card for years lol.

the card im looking to buy is a : Sapphire RADEON HD 3450 Graphics adapter - 512 MB - DDR2 SDRAM

but im not 100% sure if it will work with this heep of s**t lol :)

i have about a 50GBP budget and this just fits into it perfectly.

so will it work or not ?

Motherboard : Foxconn - Products: Motherboard

Graphics card i want :
SAPPHIRE TECHNOLOGY Radeon HD 3450

or

VTX3D 512MB Radeon HD 3450 AGP Graphics Card

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
Sorry for bumming your thread but....

Can anyone tell me what graphics cards i can buy for my motherboard

Dell 0XGMD0

cheers.

mapadale

Yeah, both those GPUs will fit your Motherboard.
Jealy your actually incorrect, the Foxconn P4M800P7MB is an AGP board and the Sapphire RADEON HD 3450 is PCI-E and so it won't work on the Foxconn.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Jealy your actually incorrect, the Foxconn P4M800P7MB is an AGP board and the Sapphire RADEON HD 3450 is PCI-E and so it won't work on the Foxconn.

There are both AGP and PCI-E models of the 3450, the one he linked is AGP.

So you're misinformed.

Last edited:

Paddy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 30, 2007

Atlest thanks for taking intrest and trying to help but im sure they offer a AGP also

So you're misinformed.

This.

But its good to see not everyone on lomcn is lazy xD

Cheers guys.

Your all stars :D

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Tbh I think the greater concern is the power supply lol, if your Motherboard is that old i shudder to think what power you have. Graphics cards nowadays require extra power (6-pin / 8-pin power connectors).

For example, my 1100W power supply supplies me with both 6-pin and 8-pin capability, but some of the old powers don't even supply a 6-pin lol. Let's also not forget the cooling of the case, if you have 1 single fan for your entire chasis (Which my very old one had lol) then your GFX Card is going to melt faster than you can install it

mapadale

So you're misinformed.
My appologies Jealy, I noticed they also do an AGP version as well. My comment was placed from the fact I have the PCI-e version in one of my machines.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Tbh I think the greater concern is the power supply lol, if your Motherboard is that old i shudder to think what power you have. Graphics cards nowadays require extra power (6-pin / 8-pin power connectors).

For example, my 1100W power supply supplies me with both 6-pin and 8-pin capability, but some of the old powers don't even supply a 6-pin lol. Let's also not forget the cooling of the case, if you have 1 single fan for your entire chasis (Which my very old one had lol) then your GFX Card is going to melt faster than you can install it
IT's dependent on the range and who makes it, to whether it has a power point or not. I own two 8600GT, one is a GTX and the other is a GTS, both are by different suppliers. The GTX is a 1GB SLI with 4 pin IDE power connector and the GTS is a 512mb without power connector, this is the same with most GFX cards. Oh and not forgetting most GPUS have HSF, so no need to over run ur case with fans just for the GFX.

Last edited: