WinMobile 6.1 and Live! connection probs

smoochy boys on tour

Bacardi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 27, 2003
Sheffield
Hey does anyone use WIndows Live on their Windows Mobile device? I was sync'ing up fine until yesterday and I've been unable to connect since.

Anyone else having any problems? Have O2 suddenly decided to block it? Doesnt work over 3G, HSDPA or WiFi so its not likely just O2 filtering it...

Bacardi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 27, 2003
Sheffield
Lol, Micro$oft support advice- try switching the device off and on again....

Sorted it now. Was just a problem on my handset; managed to corrupt a system file. I had to reinstall the app but its ok now.

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
Lol, Micro$oft support advice- try switching the device off and on again....

Sorted it now. Was just a problem on my handset; managed to corrupt a system file. I had to reinstall the app but its ok now.

The support you get is free... so how can u call us "Micro$oft"

Bacardi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 27, 2003
Sheffield
Troll much? Maybe its just force of habit. Besides any support worth having from MS comes at a cost. Hence the advice given for free above was less than satisfactory.

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
I know people from support, and they are some of the people with the highest workloads, as with all support teams, there is a set of procedures they have to follow. Hence you reached first level support, they are permitted to only go so far with one customer, they deal with the most common issues, then move it on to a higher level. If they didnt solve your issue then they should have offered to escalate it.

Depending on the support centre you reached, we have windows mobile support here in the UK in building 1, I dont know if its this centre you got through to.

Bacardi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 27, 2003
Sheffield
Well in my experience, that kind of basic level support could easily be automated with reference to the problem definition stage you have to go through. Im not being critical of the staff. I know about procedures and how support is always by the book unless in exceptional circumstances. Just that kind of advice is better suited to "The IT Crowd". It shouldnt even be in "the book".