Woool Developers - Group

smoochy boys on tour

howie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 7, 2003
UK
I have debated wether or not to release my server files for some time.

Having seen what happened in the past with LS server files and some of my scripts that were used in the mir3 JOB many people repackaged and re-released pretending to be their own work.

Many even had the same spelling mistakes and errors or fixes as the case may be. I know that mauldor/terrabyte spent many weeks, day and night and so did I to get job in english just so a noob can put it online after a simple download and claim it is ALL their work.

Who can be inclined to give away weeks and weeks of hard work for this to happen ? on top of that, you would then get none experienced noobs putting up "YOUR" server files with 2 million x EXP and 1 million x Drop rates just to steal peeps away from "Your" server.

I am inclined to "help" anyone if the person is genuine and is trying to learn.

I wish i had kept a copy of my early translated server files to hand out, but i didnt :(

There are certain people like Koumei etc who i would not hesitate to share what i have because i know he knows what he is doing and would possibly help to get developement moving more.

I myself am not exceptionally good at what i do, i simply work hard at it and dont give up, meaning there is no reason why anyone else cant do the same.

We do need more developers on Woool to help get this game a lot better, cracking open the server exe`s would go a long way to helping but this has not been done yet.

Tools would also be a great help especially an SGL importer.

If we get a good programmer that can make a working SGL importer I would give them my files, and then possibly release my server files for further developement.

We need a serious working "GROUP" like has happened in other server developements to get WOOOL moving forward.

Are there any experienced developers out there that want to make a MATES Dvelopement "group" ?

What experience do you have ?
what do you have to offer ?
what is your main skills ?

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Its very simple and I think mir3 has proved this People dont wanna be forced to translate the files So releasing a fully english set would increase intrest in the files and allow more servers to come up

Its not really a matter of people stealing credit you shouldnt let that affect you If you want more intrest in Woool then release the english files if you only want 4-5 servers running then dont release the files ala Mir3

Personally I think Mir3 went down the right and wrong paths A limited ammount of servers means that each server usually gets a high ammount of players + most of them last longer than the average mir2 server
But alot of people wont play Mir3 cause they dont know the files and there structure and have more fun making a server(but of course not translating) than playing

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
I code C# and some C++ i have been working on a SGL importer with my dad since the files have been released and the closer i get the more i notice how much work it is since i only started progamming to make an importer. Also alot of people have worked on getting a working SGL importer such as Sir Auron and the Extreme team yet no one has had success so it will be hard.

I am also working on releasing a full english set of files but it has only now become easier since the releases have stop coming at a regular basis.

As for experiance i have worked on Mir3, Mir2 and have played around with alot of server files such as SGO, RF Online and so on.

Release a full english set? Yes i think so to improve and make a better WoooL community i think the main problem is the client. Once there is a stable download with a good speed people wont mind downloading it but as its around 1GB going at rates of 1-10kb its not really a thing people are waiting for.

Im willing to help were i can if people need it.

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
You Answered your Own Question there...

You run a server, if you release a set of files then expect somebody to make it better and come in direct competition to your own. Difference with me & Mir3 is I do it for the Fun of it, I dont run a server thus releasing my files will have no effect on me and in turn helped a lot of people run Mir3 either Live or just something to play about with.

People fall into 3 Cat's:

1. Happy to help others, share information and progress the files.
2. Happy to Leech everything with little or no Input.
3. Keep there knowledge to themself to make There server better.

If the Chinese were like the people of LOMCN etc, then we would still be on Mir2 1.4 & Mir3 2.9...

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
just to point out a small factor that i mirror the woool 1.8.3.0 fulll and 1.9.0.0 clients.

check my siggie

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Demonic said:
You Answered your Own Question there...

You run a server, if you release a set of files then expect somebody to make it better and come in direct competition to your own. Difference with me & Mir3 is I do it for the Fun of it, I dont run a server thus releasing my files will have no effect on me and in turn helped a lot of people run Mir3 either Live or just something to play about with.

People fall into 3 Cat's:

1. Happy to help others, share information and progress the files.
2. Happy to Leech everything with little or no Input.
3. Keep there knowledge to themself to make There server better.

If the Chinese were like the people of LOMCN etc, then we would still be on Mir2 1.4 & Mir3 2.9...

I see what you mean, if people run a server and try to help the community at the same time they tend to hold stuff back to make thier server the best.

Im translating the files and writing programs but i will still release every thing i find/do.

If a team get togther and make a set of files (from scratch) it will not match any ones server as its being done by a group... and it will get a set of english files out for every one to use and develop.

And sorry bout the clients didnt know you was hosting them. Thanks

Nightwolf

Developer
VIP
Jul 16, 2003
Manchester, UK
at the moment the thing with the server exes i think the only way is to unprotect them manually i dont think there a prog that will do it for you would be good tho if you can translate the exes aswell.

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
@howie Yes it is only I mean, you work on a good set of files or make
better Software / Tools. Give you this out no feedback no other comes
backe to you. I have Test it many times :( ...
I find the people should learning Translate or so one, I belive that should be like that. I have people problems with a function or other a bit then he
can come and ask for Help this is not the problem.

@Nightwolf No Tool at the monent for this Packer you must unpack them manually (find the OEP (not the 2 fake OEP ;) ) and the Stolen Bytes then fix the calls and Rebuild the IAT. if you have this, then you have a Unpacked Version). The Server files have ASProtect v2.x and this is a Private Building. you need Debughide, and a good Debuger this can handle the Memory Errors, you must jump over all and stop on the last Exepction and make a HB on code segmend, then you find the stolen bytes.

@Xander on the SGL Import is the most problem the Encode, the RLE Packer or the Rebuilding for the file is not this problem. I belive Kaori can
help with the Mir3 / Mir2 rebuilder function this is a bit same way.

The (MirX or Wool) community is bad and the Server or Client files same.
My interest loses itself slowly and it lasts here to long ....
All speeches only however none makes which... (same like Mir3)
I talked, asked, made and nothing happened. I wait and I wait and I wait for response and this makes and that is bad.
This all is the problem, the Chinese do not have the problem. Why?

Why : nothing comes Up, no Team no other, only Talk Talk Talk this is all and the Time runs and runs ... :mad: