Work out regime

smoochy boys on tour

Matthew93

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 5, 2009
i need a work out regime, specific to my sport, which is rugby lol i remember there was a dude who knew all this.

im a sixteen year old rugby player, im a forward who needs a bit of bulk and to gain strength, iv lost alot of weight in the past year (fat), and need to put some weight on as im going into under 17's this September and id like to bulk up, im training every weekday, actual rugby training Tuesday and Thursday and i go to the gym on Monday, Wednesday and Friday doing weights, but im not sure how to do weights, e.g 3 rep's of the max weights i can do, or like 8-9 rep's of around 60-80% of my max and a few sets.

thanks in advance, sorry if it's kinda crappy grammar ect

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
join a descent gym and explain to them what you want to do. A good place will assign you a personal trainer a couple of times a week who will get you exactly where you need to be and set you targets. You are looking at about £80-£100 a month but it's well worth it and a lot better than going to a cheap gym, iv been going to David Ljoyd for a few years now, switched from basic local gym and it gets the job done :)

Matthew93

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 5, 2009
im at a decent gym atm (totalfitness) and i would hire a PT but im 16 and have no job haha

Kadama

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
West Midlands, Malvern
Every gym wether it's £60 a month or £30 should provide guidelines and work out routines as a baseline for their customers as standard. I'm with a gym at the moment, i pay £30 a month and it's like family, we all help each other out and the owner writes out diet plans and work out routines for all of his members for free.

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
wish there was a good gym around me for that price :( the cheaper more local gyms around here lack any feedback and motivation from the staff, they don't seem very willing to interact and help you with your workout.

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
if you don't have the proper facilities at home and some advise you are never going to get the results you will at a gym. I train from home also but it's nowhere near as beneficial as going to the gym.

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
All the depends on what outcome you are aiming towards.

If you want to become big & bulky, yeah the gym is probably a better choice. But, if you want to just get in shape, train from home.

I used to go down the gym all the time... until I bought Bronson's book.

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
as he needs to gain a bit of bulk a gym would be the best bet as a descent gym would give him a workout program to do just that.

FUTURA

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 25, 2003
DXB
dont bother with a personal trainer all u need is on the internet. You want to bulk, lift heavy heav weights, for low reps. protein shake after, creatine before if you want, but u'll lose that weight when you get off it. main thing , is eat eat eat eat eat, eat like a *****. high protein high carb, less fatty. simplicity is genius.