Work out

Kadama

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
West Midlands, Malvern
Aslong as you warm up, allow your muscles to get prepared to lift those big weights you'll be ok. But for a beginner, i dont suggest lifting big weights to start off with, start off small and get that technique perfected and allow your body to adapt to that range of movement as you'll be 'shaky' to start off with.

But once you've been training steadily for a while slowly increase the weight, aslong as you dont put stupid weight on you'll be fine.

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
if you want to lose weight situps etc are not what you want,do this to tone up after you have started burning off the weight. You need to go running,cycling and swimming, get that heart beating and burn calories! Drink hot water with lemon in it. This is very good for cleaning out the body. Another thing is split your meals up. Instead of say having 3 big meals a day, have 5 small meals if possible. Everytime you eat you are burning off calories, so the more spaced out your meals are the more calories you will naturaly burn. Also try eating spicey foods if you like them, this will speed up your matabolism. Never starve yourself thinking you to lose weight, because whatever you do eat your body will store as fat and you will find yourself going back to square 1.

edit:

I saw someone in a post saying they were trying for a 6 pack. Well everyone has a 6 pack in theory, it's just theres always going to be a slight fatty layer no matter how thin you are. People think if you do 100 situps a day you will get a 6 pack. This isn't true, you need to do a lot of cardio and remove that small layer of fat, then start with leg reclines and crunches, a lot better than situps.

Last edited:

FUTURA

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 25, 2003
DXB
Technique, Diet and CONSISTENCY !! Don't stop training you will see gains...

I think drop sets are a good idea. Train to failure as well. Oh and don't eat too much tuna it's not good for you !!! Buy a supplement it is necessary !!

But I'm sure Kadama has told you most of this, he is pretty stacko !! :D

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
Training to failure like FUTURA said is pretty key for quick gains, don't neglect muscle groups and try to stick to free weights, some of those machines are no good for your joints and you work out more muscle groups using free weights, and yeah, supplements are necessary, a lot of people swear by all the different brands but get some Whey protein and you're good to go.

Remember, eat smaller meals, but more of them, cut out fatty foods like burgers, eat lean meat like grilled skinless chicken, lean steak etc.

And a Lewis said, it's impossible to spot reduce fat, don't even try doing 200 situps or 50 squats a day in an attempt to reduce the fat off your arse or belly, it won't work, HIIT is probably the best way to lose weight, look that up there are some good articles about it floating around.

Last but not least, get a proper workout routine, don't randomly do weights, if you're doing a 3 day split make sure you hit all the muscle groups and have enough time to rest, rest is just as important as actually working out.

FUTURA

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 25, 2003
DXB
Oh and before I forget TRAIN YOUR LEGS

edit I clearly forgot but anyways...

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
Yeah, don't neglect body parts, most people work out and just pump their arms and bench press and look like twats

Painkiller

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 11, 2006
just saying about the body types, iv done gcse P.E. no one person is fully meso ecto or endomorphic, im sure there's a scale up to either 6 or 8 on what you are, you may be 4 meso and 2 endo and 1 ecto :)
just thought i'd add this incase an one was wondering about any thing like that :)