Working Mir Client Source

smoochy boys on tour

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
ooh i have idea, windowed mode, so you can play and talk on msn awithout the stupid minimizing piece of crap ******* mir makers mae you do

Danny-B-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 16, 2004
OO i just had a thought .....

Couldnt you make the client, upon reading a new map you zone to , also check an .INI file to load a sound for that map ?

For ex ... When you zone into the WoomaTemple Kings room it could load a sound file (a scary one at that :P )

Theres so much more it could do if it had a config file to check what sound to use for that event.

P.S. i like Blams idea :) windowed mode would kick ass..

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
gd idea danny. using an ini file would create a wider variation for sound.

also an auto scroll notice, for if your notice is very long, it will automatically scroll down to show it all. like mir3.

sparx14

like farrils idea above but for npc scripts would be good as my npc scripts always have to have a "contine" at the bottom because i cant fit what i want to say in 1 page, so scrolling npc scripts like mir3

Danny-B-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 16, 2004
Carrying on with the sound thing ...

Mobs could shout at you when you run by etc .... no more Mir on mute
Hope its possible :D

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
get rid of mir on mute, and have a volume control.

DeathWish

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Oct 29, 2003
the sound thing should be simple :P

and windowed mode is simple as well cuz thats what we set it as to test things, but.... in windowed, you cant see the minimap, and cant see magics :\

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
It would probably be possible to add the additional Taoist Summon (HolyDeva) by using something similar to @recallmob (GM) for players (taoists) when they have learnt a certain skill (if it is actually possible to add functioning new skills), or if you have level 3 (for example) SummonShinsu, you are able to summon both.

If you see what i mean. Im sure this would be possible with a little playing with packets.

anto135

If it was possible dunno if it is double weapons?
You'd have to do more graphics but is it possible?

Love

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 27, 2004
The Garden
Wittin said:
It would probably be possible to add the additional Taoist Summon (HolyDeva) by using something similar to @recallmob (GM) for players (taoists) when they have learnt a certain skill (if it is actually possible to add functioning new skills), or if you have level 3 (for example) SummonShinsu, you are able to summon both.

If you see what i mean. Im sure this would be possible with a little playing with packets.

tbh if u could do that then u could prob find ways to make all the new spells work one way or another (bodge it tbh :P).

DeathWish

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Oct 29, 2003
lol oO good idea, im not sure but can you learn a spell that has say magic id 50 even tho there is no spell for it, does the book still appear in magics? cuz then it maybe possible

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Microphone System, where u can ask a "buddy" or someone in ur part to have an audio conversation

DeathWish

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Oct 29, 2003
KaNe said:
how longs it gonna take u 2 add these ideas?

it depends on each one, some are easy and some are hard and take a while :\ so im not sure :P

YoYoYo

Milo's Sex Slave
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
My house
CraiG^ said:
Microphone System, where u can ask a "buddy" or someone in ur part to have an audio conversation
Would be quite fun lol. But i think it requires serverside aswell and i dont think themonk and deathwish have the knowledge to do that :P They can only just about load up ie. :p

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Ah well, would have been great XD. Can u have it like mir 3 ( when u move you mouse over someone you see their avatar) you could possible be a picture of themselfs?

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
DeathWish said:
lol oO good idea, im not sure but can you learn a spell that has say magic id 50 even tho there is no spell for it, does the book still appear in magics? cuz then it maybe possible
How about coding an aditional server.exe that allows functionality for new books, and an additional new database or two ;). This doesnt even need to be coded in Delphi.

DeathWish

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Oct 29, 2003
oO sounds good, that might also get stuff like new slots working properly :P

and that microphone thing isnt difficult lol :| and yea i think it would involve a server side program, cuz either you connect to each others ips or you connect to the server, and the servers probably better but im not sure if it would cause any lagg :\

hmmm, i think i could make it so an armour glows like a candle, well any item you wear :P but dont really know the point :P youd have 1 more free slot? :P

Last edited: