Working Mir Client Source

Join Discord

sparx14

aslong as it runs as a .wil then it would just fall wouldnt it ? (the image in the wil) and there could be a seperate .ini saying which maps its active on maybe ? :/

sparx14

but then you would need to edit the server and not just the client

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
The built in web browser sounds good, that would be very useful.

I have some more ideas:

Remember Username / Password feature
Font Colour etc options
Dont forget windowed mode
GUI Transparency (Controllable by the user)
Something that reads from a text file on the server side (If possible) to do other things like glowing armour?
Something that checks stuff from the server side (Example, M2Server) And checks how many people are on and that you can check ingame via a command.
Plenty of customizable things like changable gui (That is read from gui.wil or something)
Connect to different servers ingame?
Actual Log Out, where you can login again

More from blam soon!!

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
i wouldnt mind a dragable gui where say u can move stuff about say to the top of the screen is ur belt for pots n that n being able to move where it shows your hp/mp is to the right hand side

-=BroKeN=-

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2003
Southampton! And PROUD!
Auto Refill Belt slot from bag when pot used.
Warning when items reach Dura 0 or Dura 1
Warning when Armour reaches Dura 5
Warning when weapon reaches dura 5
Automatic Taking item off when reaches dura 0.001
Group Rev
Auto Gold splitting when grped (Server Side?)
Auto "lock on"
Notebook?
Like a Guild board but just for you too see. Where you can jot down ppls names, Coords of caves or a simple "i owe Player1 100k" - This could be saved to a txt file on server named by Charname, or Username.
Talking NPCS?
When you walk into Jewlers u cud get a shout "!Come get your rings nice and shiney"
Hit spell Key and get ure pet recalled to you (Like on euro)
Hold Summon Key for 5 Seconds and it kills pet? (wud be handy for its own reasons (Meat Shielding))

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
broken said:
Like a Guild board but just for you too see. Where you can jot down ppls names, Coords of caves or a simple "i owe Player1 100k" - This could be saved to a txt file on server named by Charname, or Username.

i like that idea alot.

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
Nice ideas broken, even though you suck :P

Moar:

Customizable shout colours, different types of shouts (loud, soft, very loud, etc)
Uploading images for guild boards etc
HTML (or BB code) for guild board
Brokens personal board is quite handy
ingame browser (im just reminding you :P)
More spell keys (If possible, like Alt+F1)

yeah

-=BroKeN=-

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2003
Southampton! And PROUD!
tbh Blam bend over and take it like a man

Adaption on ure "Shout Idea"

Shud be lvl classed.
Soft Shout - Lvl 6 - 100 Radius
Shout - Lvl 20+ 150 Radius
Loud Shout - lvl 30+ 200 Radius
Map Shout - Lvl 40+ Entire Map?

Just a idea so u get wot i mean but that mite be serverside.

The problem with the HTML In boards is ... u cud start linking files thru boards (Keyloggers Etc) Is it sumwhere we want to go? Pricks conning u from ure guild board.

ANother Idea

Hitting CTRL S Shud show u the select Screen
Num Pad for Spells aswell as FKeys

Walk using Arrow Keys *Up Left Right Down* (when running and u dont whanna hold mouse lol)

"AFK Mode" Hotkey Makes a Flashing Coloured AFK Hover over head to notify your group members youve gone for a piss

ill think of sum ore ideas overnite

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
Broken, thats why i suggested a BB code option ;)

also, for AFK mode, you cant die, nor can anything happen to you, but you cant gain exp etc...

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Blaminator said:
Broken, thats why i suggested a BB code option ;)

also, for AFK mode, you cant die, nor can anything happen to you, but you cant gain exp etc...
Surely you can exploit this by going "AFK" just before death.

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
D'oh good point, guess i didnt think of everything before i posted that. *sigh* im tired, screw afk system.

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Blaminator said:
D'oh good point, guess i didnt think of everything before i posted that. *sigh* im tired, screw afk system.
Well, not entirely... you could setup a similar system to logging out. ie. if you try to go "AFK" in battle it would say in your message box "Cannot go AFK in battle". However this still leaves the problem of getting other clients to recognise your AFK and the changes in AI's reactions to your status, without the server source - very difficult.

It appears to be a case that most people are suggesting things which are almost impossible without the server source, or the creation of new .exes. Remember DeathWish only has a working client source, so changes can generally only be visual, ie. New GUI functionality, Recognition of new .wils ect. - Nothing major otherwise these changes will conflict because the m2server does not have their functionality. (Try to remember when posting that all movement, speach, attack, statistics,communication between clients and more pass through the m2server).

-Wittin

Richens

LOMCN VIP (Mapper)
VIP
Jul 28, 2004
UK - Midlands
You could set the afk thingy with a timer, like 30 seconds or so, and can only do it in Safe Zones :) Somin like that.

Xypher

LOMCN Senior Member
Veteran
May 4, 2003
Dunno Posts:4000000
What i would like..

Ideas:
NPC Images .. like in mir3 .. could you place <$NPCIMAGE3> and your client would read that in the npc script and place the 3rd image from npcimg.wil??? feedback plz
Gold Split. You select something for autosplit then when you pick up gold your client checks to see how many people are in your group then splits the gold using a mathmatical equation and if no one is in the group the equation would result in all the gold going to you...

Double weapon slots I doubt would work.. cuz extra slots require serverside saving by the dbserver etc;.. or we could copy the ring slot and change it so the id is differen't and only certain items could go in there.. just they wouldn't have HP/MP+ etc;..

Mob Radar, Group Radar, Group Rev.. When you attack a mob it revs that mob!!!! AutoRev!! <---Sweetness add it man..

When you get certain quest the npc could send you a script that your client would save to a ini.. and you could click a button and it would give u details on the quest.. To make a good server you could just configure all the quest to your ini.. like

[questini]
Quest1= "Kill 2 Rodents. Return to Master Trebs."
Quest2= "Kill 3 RodentWorkers. Return to Master Trebs."

The client would read like <$QUEST1TOGGLEON> and would toggle this..

[questini]
>Quest1= "Kill 2 Rodents. Return to Master Trebs."
Quest2= "Kill 3 RodentWorkers. Return to Master Trebs."

Now when you click your quest button your client would open the ini and look for ">" and would show you what is in the quotes

Change of text colours.. maybe.. /shout *text* .. /guild *chat* for guild chatting and shoutting...
(idea)
/friendlist(loads ini "friendlist.ini")(Shows you all friends)
/friendlistadd Xypher (adds Xypher to ini"

[friendlist ini]
Friend1= "Xypher"

No need to scrap it if the client can't see if the player is online and tell the player typing the command.. make it when it feeds it in the chatbox...

|Chatbox example|{Bad.. I know}
/Friendlist
Xypher

.. You could click "Xypher" and it would appear below as ..

/Friendlist |
Loading... |
Xypher |
-----------------------------
/Xypher *type message to player here :)*

Thats all my ideas for right now..

DeathWish

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Oct 29, 2003
well i was thinking that you could maybe create an online list sever side by...

Player logs on, npc opens add does addnamelist online.txt they log off and it does delnamelist online.txt, and this should work unless they lagg out or somthing :|