Working WoooL Emu!!

smoochy boys on tour

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Xander the GameServer wouldnt even run if it was missing vital DB's like Item Mobs and Magic, So surely we are gonna need a new gameserver in order to have them

It would be like a M2server running with no Stditem.db it just wouldnt happen

So im 100% sure that the db's need a new gameserver

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i wouldnt class walking around and talking as working. which is all you can do atm.

Sean

Developer
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
May 13, 2003
Well; whatever these guys have will be on some chinese site somewhere.
I'll start a hunt when i've got some free time.
If we can understand the encryption algos, making our own emu isn't out of the question.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Minion said:
Well; whatever these guys have will be on some chinese site somewhere.
I'll start a hunt when i've got some free time.
If we can understand the encryption algos, making our own emu isn't out of the question.

Shouldnt be too different from mir2 1.4 tbh Since it was based around that

Then again they could of updated the encryption since then

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
Azureus.

Currently setting up the files. I'll post here with a screenie of me ingame if I get there :)

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Azureus

Well I can confirm that the server only supports one map, Doesnt read the mapinfo and doesnt let you move maps by changing the map name in SQL

-edit- Oh and you cant log out lol (Seems the gameserver cant talk to the selgateserver)

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
Hmm. I be stucked. I've made the MirWorldDB database in Enterprise Manager and am attempting to import the 3 tables to the tables group but it won't let me. Firstly they are .tab and I can't find anything that imports them. I changed em to .txt and use the import Text File facility, go through the stages and they aren't there at the end. Could you post here what you did Mr Milo :P

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Shard said:
Hmm. I be stucked. I've made the MirWorldDB database in Enterprise Manager and am attempting to import the 3 tables to the tables group but it won't let me. Firstly they are .tab and I can't find anything that imports them. I changed em to .txt and use the import Text File facility, go through the stages and they aren't there at the end. Could you post here what you did Mr Milo :P

First rename em to .sql
Secondly open up enterprise manager And goto Tools then SQL Query Analysier

Once thats open Select the db you want to import the 3 tables into from the drop down list @ the top (Should be set at master atm)

Then goto File Open select the .sql file Doesnt matter what order should open up anyway and you'll see the contents click the little play button(Or press F5) and it should say

"The command(s) completed successfully."

Its just a matter of doing it with the other two then and thats it :)

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
I feel really noobish...I can't get these files to work. The only gate that starts is the GameServer. And that keeps failing a connection to 127.0.0.1:6000 or something. That gets spammed in the box for it anyway. The other ones just have this red line of chinese and don't do anything. I've set up the MirWorldDB with the 3 DBs we have. Put it into ODBC Data Sources and it still won't work. I've tried messing around with the Config.ini in the server files and it won't work. I think I give up for now.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Shard said:
I feel really noobish...I can't get these files to work. The only gate that starts is the GameServer. And that keeps failing a connection to 127.0.0.1:6000 or something. That gets spammed in the box for it anyway. The other ones just have this red line of chinese and don't do anything. I've set up the MirWorldDB with the 3 DBs we have. Put it into ODBC Data Sources and it still won't work. I've tried messing around with the Config.ini in the server files and it won't work. I think I give up for now.

Run in this order

Servercenter
DBServer
GameServer
LoginServer
SelectCharServer

And try my Config.ini I remember having issues with the one Xander has in his files

-Edit- oh and it doesnt use a DSN at all It connects directly to the db in sql

-Edit2- oh and Mine only seems to work if it is in c:/woool

Attachments

• config.rar
    349 bytes · Views: 9

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
Tyvm Milo, that worked a treat. Got all gates and that open. Now it's to work out what to change with the Client files. I've found where the IP and Port are located. But everytime I open the WoooL.exe, it autoupdates the IP back to what it was. It shows all them servers to connect to, but not the one I have there :S I feel really bad for asking these questions. Once I've found it all out I'll write a walkthrough using the steps you gave me if you don't mind? I'll put all credit to you :P and post it on here so people don't get stuck with it like I did, I think that's because I'm dumb though :S

EDIT : Mine's running from C:\My Documents\WoooL so I don't think the directory affects it.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Easy lol Found this out myself as well

Go to the Data folder and find a file called Woool.dat rename that to .exe

Then go to config.ini edit the serverip to your own and change

Group0=辉煌盛世
GroupNick0=辉煌盛世

to the servername (Which in my config.ini is devilsoul)

Then just run woool.exe (the one in the data folder..)

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
My woool.dat doesn't seem to want to be renamed to woool.exe. It just turns into woool.exe.dat, and tries to get opened by Microsoft Access :S I can see now what ya done. It's like that in the Mir server files. There's a mir.dat in there too. That easily renames to .exe though. Hmmmm, I'll keep fiddling around. Thanks for all the hints and that.

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
---Edit---

Sorry me the stupid n00b didnt read thread right ^^

right im gunna get the files now, one question you say it gunna need new stuff... is it possible to make our own for the priv files?

Last edited:

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
I'm not sure. I am gonna test something now I saw on a Chinese Forum and see what happens. You can try, I think DBs can be made but it's a question of whether the DBServer and GameServer will read them.

Edit : I can't be bothered. I don't actually think these files will turn into anything useful :S

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
...We have the files for it, allowing us to make private servers.

There is an official server also.

Read the thread.

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
lol Shard, in other words these files need so much work that it might be a long time (if ever) till we get it into an actual fully functional server... ^^