Worth it?

Tass

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 8, 2005
After spending a few weeks rebuilding Mercury, it has come to me that the mir3 community is decreasing more and more.

Mercury was online for a month, with 70+ accouts made and 107 characters made, with an average of 7 people online at any one time.

I post this thread to ask what people would want in a server to get people back interested in MIR3.

If the server is to continue it will ofcourse be long-term, up 24/7 and will be lag free as always ^^..

I would like to see some feedback mainly considering EXP, I see that most servers, because the level cap has been increased to 65k that they must immediately have an exp rate of 100+..

The current server exp is 40X which leaves easy leveling to 50 then as the CD has been edited its gets much harder after that.

Any feedback is appreciated, bearing in mind the new item files have been implemented such as (http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8174/newstuffbh6.jpg) & mobs (http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/6254/newmobsnx3.png)

And all that is needed is to finish the last few quests and the server should be up.

I want to here what YOU want. Including EXP, Leveling Areas, Boss's , Difficulty to get what you want etc etc etc.

Zion-Servers

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2006
Sheffield(S2)
Unfortunatly at the moment there is a lot of competition from servers like xtreme and rnd.

Xtreme has 1 of the best server teams going and they are always creating and adding new ideas to there servers.

RND un fortunatly only has the high end exp to keep them going, as they dont really ever seem to add anything to keep people ingame. But people do stay as they get items for donating, where as with xtreme you dont get this.

To have a server that is going to be long term you've goto give the players summat that the other 2 arnt and basicully steal there players.

gargus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 7, 2004
hmm...i think that for first exp should be increased. maybe twice.of course we need some lvling areas and uber looking bosses. as for now items on your server are too hard to get so it should be lowered. and main thing is a good advert. so if u have some signature or whatever it is called pm me with link and i'll add it to my account on all forums i'm logged in.:) but still i'll play your server as its cool for me. u must keep it up m8 :P

Last edited:

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
I didnt play so much this server but if you increase the exp add new items and area's i think it would be great

gargus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 7, 2004
well...the exp is main thing nowadays :P. without good exp you won't attract many ppl.if you oncrease it and advert it you'll get 20+ ppl a day for sure :P and pm me with signature :P

Zion-Servers

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2006
Sheffield(S2)
well...the exp is main thing nowadays :P. without good exp you won't attract many ppl.if you oncrease it and advert it you'll get 20+ ppl a day for sure :P and pm me with signature :P
lol, when its up against servers like RNDpro x 128 and xtreme thats x40-x100.

You've goto have summat that none of the other servers have, that will bring the players to your server.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
You've goto have summat that none of the other servers have, that will bring the players to your server.

Yup, he's right. Mir3 is a very niche game and generally people stick to one server rather than bouncing around every time a new server comes up (Like with most Mir2 players)

You need a way to get the people in and keep them. Xtreme does this by constantly adding new features. RND does it with its items by donation idea.

Basically you need to find something that other servers are missing and exploit that.

That will be hard to find but Good Luck :)

TheThreeHeroes

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 10, 2005
150x from lv0-99
200-500x from level 100+
more maps and new caves with new mobs+items.
Para/Pro/clear/tele ring ingame, rare with rate of 1/1000.
Pet systems according to level.
Constantly update faster than other server out there.
Your server will gain reputation over time. It is hard to judge now when your server is only up for a few weeks.

Last edited:

vanelord

LOMCN n00bie
Nov 11, 2006
i think the pet system with good integral system would be a great idea i mean thats eg. can get 1000 integrals in a short period of time eg. week and take shiva with me for a hunt.
with pet system i mean go with boss or very strong mob to hunt. and have fun, items and new areas like this is eg. boss area where are normal resp but its resp of boss and subbos only would be adventage, also para/prot/clear/tele ingame.
its lots of different ways to do server other from are on now u need only think what u want ur server to be and make it, helps when u try plaing on different servers and look on it what u think is good and bad, and what they havent.
cant wait to play ur server
peace

turboshandy

ur a smacktard!
VIP
May 11, 2005
Great Yarmouth/Cambridge
the best way to get your usercount up is to advertise advertise advertise. a boring black writing on white page advert doesnt catch the eye. do something different. Like my xmas event advert on my thread.. how many people are going to remember that more than a black on white rambling post?..

Set out a todo list for everyone to see what ur doing and where ur up to as opposed to just telling them whats next.
My community thrives on interaction.. try and include them in fixes. patches and idea's

at the end of the day server content isnt EVERYTHING its your organisation, determination and informativeness thats captures peoples attention the down side to a high exp server is they arnt very long term.. thats the facts. people come and go. you have usercount in waves. community is important and how can u have a community when people are forever chopping and changing. theres no loyalty between players ( not directed at anyone its a generalisation)

Last edited:

Zion-Servers

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2006
Sheffield(S2)
the best way to get your usercount up is to advertise advertise advertise. a boring black writing on white page advert doesnt catch the eye. do something different. Like my xmas event advert on my thread.. how many people are going to remember that more than a black on white rambling post?..

Set out a todo list for everyone to see what ur doing and where ur up to as opposed to just telling them whats next.
My community thrives on interaction.. try and include them in fixes. patches and idea's

at the end of the day server content isnt EVERYTHING its your organisation, determination and informativeness thats captures peoples attention the down side to a high exp server is they arnt very long term.. thats the facts. people come and go. you have usercount in waves. community is important and how can u have a community when people are forever chopping and changing. theres no loyalty between players ( not directed at anyone its a generalisation)
You always come out with the great comments sam and congrats to you and andy by the way.

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
u need to make stuff that other servers dont have, add quests with riddles for example, or add forgery npc, that forge u items if u give him the right ores, add new items that no one else have.
remember that ppls dont like to lvl, bring some activities for the newbies that lvl doesnt metter in them, like making a cave with mobs (that r easy to kill) that might drop scrolls and if u want a high lvl book u will need to get a cirtin amount of scrolls for example, be creative, and ppls will come to ur server :)

Tass

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 8, 2005
Making a server is great fun. All you need is the time, if you have the team then you can achieve a great server.

Main reason why i dont want to carry on with Mercury is because I dont have the team.