WoW: Classic

Violent

你好
Veteran
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
This has been on the cards for a while since they shut down that popular Classic WoW server. Im guessing it will be fun at first until people reaslise how much of a grind it is. Personally it's not for me as I don't fancy spending 8 hours in one raid or BG.

Ardbeg

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
NCSoft have done the same with Lineage 2.
There are now more, busier classic servers than the more recent versions.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Will give it a go, although I don't think I'll even make it to 60, I remember having to grind the last 2 levels and that alone took ages. If I have people to play with then maybe I'll enjoy the grind more.

It will do well, but not as well as the purist vanilla players think. Most will try it, realise the leveling is rediculously slow and go back to live.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
I started after Black Temple was out in TBC so I really do not care about classic and will never play an old version of a game when I enjoy the lastest patch too much. It may be fun for people if a game is hardcore and you need to farm alot but when you think about it there is no future for it and at some point you kinda finished the game because the game wont be updated due to the ''classic'' style and for people like me with a job and a life...classic and hardcore is kinda **** and I have no room for that. Hope people will enjoy it, I already hate it

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
I probably wont play past level 30, don't have the time for the grind now with family and work etc hah. Be fun none the less.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Will play along side retail, once my weekly stuff is done on retail which doesn't take long I shall slowly level a Classic character with a friend of mine.

Will be on a PvE server. With my casual leveling, I don't really want to experience the **** that is stanglethorn vale ganking.

Violent

你好
Veteran
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Its a no for me. Nostalgia is an illusion. It will never ever be what it used to be like. I prefer to remember what it used to be like rather than trying to relive/replay it. Plus time is a huge constraint on the games I play today.

But I hope you all have fun playing it. Don't forget ti exploit the **** out of the bugs :p

Slipmatt

Fear the unknown.
Veteran
Dedicated Member
May 10, 2009
County Durham
I'll give it a go, there's a lot of stuff from vanilla I wish had not been changed, be nice to revisit that stuff.