.::Mario Ftw::.
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2004
West-Yorkshire :)
hey guys can i have some info on this please

much is it to buy?

can you pvp on it / kill people?

easy/hard to lvl?

what class best for good damage and fighting?

what pc spec would i need to playt this game okly..?

thanks

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
ask anybody you know in real life about this game and you'll probably get all the information you need

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Firstly, if you buy it its £30 with a 30day free trial. You can download it but you will only receive a 10day free trial.

Pvp plays a huge part in the game. Theres 2 'sides' you could say. Alliance vs. Horde. Each having different races on them. They each own different territorys also, you can go into each others territorys and fight one another. Also you can fight the same side as you, but you wont kill them, its the first to get to 0 hp.

Each side has different races.

Horde:
-Goblin
-Undead
-Orc
-Tauren

Alliance:
-Human
-Gnome
-NightElf
-Dwarf

Then you have classes:
-Paladin
-Preist
-Druid
-Shamen
-Mage
-Warlock
-Rogue
-Hunter

You get professions and much more but cba to go into that.

www.wow-europe.com

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
much is it to buy? - As they said above it's about £30 depending on where you get it from

can you pvp on it / kill people? - Of cause you can, thats the main part of the game, as stated above there are 2 factions (Horde + Alliance) and there are various good pvp features (for example people of the same faction can "duel" against each other - you don't die, a pvp ranking system - honor - which you can get either by killing people in the normal lands, or by participating in Battlegrounds - another good featue where a horde team and an alliance team go against each other to do certain objectives - for example CTF)

easy/hard to lvl? - It's pretty easy to level up - the maximum level is 60 and there are various quests etc that you can do, and a lot of places to level

what class best for good damage and fighting? - Hmm well my knowledge isn't perfect but there are various "good damage classes" - if you want close range attacks i'd be a warrior, if you want long range attacks i'd be a Mage, and if you want both i'd be a Shaman - all of the other classes have various benefits, and you've got to remember certain races are better at certain things.

what pc spec would i need to playt this game okly..? - Erm well you need an okay pc, nothing spectacular, the only thing that really caused my game to lagg was when you're in the major cities (SW and IF especially) - sometimes it even caused it to crash. I suggest you check the site for a minimum spec guide etc.

I'm not exactly the foremost authority on WOW, i used to play it a while ago, and i may pick it up again =)

/Miles

niss

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 11, 2004
easy/hard to lvl? - It's pretty easy to level up - the maximum level is 60 and there are various quests etc that you can do, and a lot of places to level

/Miles

Isnt it lvl 70 cap now (or soon to be)?

Soul

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
Suffolk, England
Isnt it lvl 70 cap now (or soon to be)?
Not yet mate, It's going to be raised to a level 70 cap (Where you can get flying mounts at that level) When TBC (The burning crusade)

Also Xanan you missed Warrior (one of the most obvious) off your class list =]

/Jay

SkyDragon

Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2004
ask anybody you know in real life about this game and you'll probably get all the information you need

lmao sorry i aint being a bully or w/e but none of mine play online games except jack and he plays mir...

maybe its just the ppl u hang about with m8 :P

the demo page wont load?????

Last edited:

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Not yet mate, It's going to be raised to a level 70 cap (Where you can get flying mounts at that level) When TBC (The burning crusade)

Also Xanan you missed Warrior (one of the most obvious) off your class list =]

/Jay

Lol, ino. Was late n i was tired.

And as for goblins, they sorta look like trolls :D

Never played horde, well got to level 13 on a undead preist once, then got bored.

Alliance teh pwn. If you do join, make sure you join a pvp server, can i recogmend kor'gall. Need any help pm:

Nicky - 60 lock
Fecian - 27 rogue.

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
1. Leveling is fast, but only when you get used to it. The powerlevelers can do 1-60 in 7 days of continous playing (theres a command ingame that tells you exactly how much time youve spent playing your character). When you first start and are unsure what your doing etc, it obviously takes longer.

There is no "perfect class" in a general sense, however there is more than likely a "very very good" class in a personal sense. If you chose a class you dont like, and cant play well, you will get beaten a lot early on, but you may find there is a class you can get the hang of fast, and they;e your safe bet, because if you play well, you enjoy yourself, and if you enjoy yourself, then you play better.

Theres 2 main types of realm you can make characters on. PvP and PvE. On a PvE server, you can only be attacked if you activate the PvP mode. On a PvP server, you can be attacked in any contested territory, areas were people under level 20 play in are safe, and you cant be attacked unless you activate PvP, or attack first.

Jaedenar is the newest PvP realm, and quite a few LOMCN people are in a guild we have on there. (Alliance)

Cost Wise http://www.blahdvd.com/blah/Games_Product.aspx?productid=GAMES-VIV19386-VS

you can get it for £16 from there. £8.99 a month subscription, and you get one month free with the game.

SkyDragon

Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2004
ty v much atom , i might join korgal pvp server :)

get abit of help of xanan , iam d/ling the ten day trial now it be done in 2 hours , will this give em a good idea of the game?

Zidio

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Nov 2, 2005
LOMCN
I personally dont like the game iv ran my own wow server just for myself to have a look about with as i couldnt be bothered to buy the game if i didnt like it i found that the gfx were ok just abit boxy every 1 has thier own opinions. you also have to pay each month if i remember correctly.

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
ty v much atom , i might join korgal pvp server :)

get abit of help of xanan , iam d/ling the ten day trial now it be done in 2 hours , will this give em a good idea of the game?

it will give you some idea of the game. getting from level 1-60 is about half the available content. If you manage to get into a good raiding guild at 60, you can go on raids etc where the real fun and challenges are.

You probably wont get much PvP experiance in the trial though.

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
When i get my new computer at the end of the week i think i might start playing again. The only thing is that i can't for the life of me remember my account details -.-, nor can i recover them for some reason (i tried lol).

If someone happened to have a charachter that they didn't play anymore i might start playing again, otherwise i might start playing some private servers, and see if they're any good =).

/Miles

Grim

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 24, 2004
can you pvp on it / kill people? - Of cause you can, thats the main part of the game...
End-game PvE raiding is by far a bigger part of WoW culture than PvP is. That's not to say you're wrong, as far a lore goes one would think that WoW would be a PvP heavy game but as the game is designed at the moment, PvE reigns supreme. Admittedly Blizzard are trying to push the PvP element a bit more at the moment, recently they introduced cross-realm battlegrounds and some new world PvP objectives. Currently there is little point to PvP, sure you grind and grind to reach rank 14 (and that's all there is to reaching rank 14, grinding, there is no skill involved) and then what? You've earnt your epics, what is there to aim for now? Beating on noobs day in, day out? Most High Warlords/Grand Marshalls will retire from PvP and join a decent end-game guild, if they can't get into one they'll most likely quit or re-roll/transfer to a different realm.

Edit: That's not to say that there isn't lots of PvP, there is, it's just not as big a part as Miles made it out to be.

Last edited: