www.novatech.co.uk

Join Discord

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
One person said they had a problem with one laptop that I read.....I've not bought anything but Novatech PC's last 7 years and they are all still working ar one, the one I gave to nephews would have been if they hadn't left it plugged in during electrical storm and blown it up lol

I've never had a problem with them but that doesn't mean any manufacturer is perfect 100% of the time, IBM, HP, CompaQ, Dell, etc - you'll find good and bad stories for all of them and often thats all we ever read/hear about - same goes for cars, white goods, TV's anything and everything.

At the end of the day the most expensive, best named item has a warranty for a reason and most of them you can extend.... I've personally never bothered and the most I've really replaced is one hard drive and an ethernet card...in 7 years and 4 pc's :)

ps. 2 of the pc's here, sister has one.....kids one in skip cos they blew it up :S

Last edited:

michelle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2003
Hampshire UK
My friend got a laptop from them 3 years ago and its still going strong, my son his friend and my son in law have bought numerouse pc's from them over the years without any problems, and I have bought numerouse items of them with no problems ive always found them good value for money.

they are only 3 miles from me in portchester

Built this computer for my sons friend in August all parts were souced from Novatec.

This is the spec of the Computer

It looked more like a plumbing job with all the copper pipes and heat fins on the motherboard and processor cooler and after everything was fitted theres just enough room left for a second Graphics card which he intends having fitted later.

All together it has 11 fans
5 case fans 1 x 120mm 4 x 80mm
2 x 120mm Processor fans
1 motherboard cooler unit fan
1 graphics card fan
1 Accelerator card fan
1 PSU fan

Processor
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+ (Socket AM2) £104.58 @ Novatech

Cooler
GminII Pocessor cooler with 2 120mm fans fitted to it

Memory
Corsair TwinX 2GB Kit (2x1GB) 240Pin PC2-6400 Dominator 800MHz Dual Channel

Motherboard
Asus Crosshair AM2 Gaming motherboard NF590 SLI
nother view £150.40 @ Novatech

Graphics Card
BFG NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS OC2 640MB £267.90 @ Novatech

Accelerator card
BFG PhysX accelerator card £104.58 @ Novatech

Power supply
JEANTECH 700W Modular ATX PSU 24 pin (20+4) With LED £66.49 @ Novatech

Case
Jeantech Aqua Midi ATX Gaming case, includes 1 x 120mm fan and mounts for x6 fans, Blue LED door and screwless. £57.56 @ Noivatech

Monitoring
Aerocool PowerWatch Power Watch 25 in 1 Card Reader and LCD Fan Controller w/ USB - Black

Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB SATA II 7200rpm 16Mb Cache 11ms 300Mb/s

Last edited: