LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
Tom Hanks
Russel Crowe
Hayden Christensen
Robert Downey Jr

Hard to pick a number 1, but would have to be Tom Hanks.

Myth

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 1, 2006
Accrington
At least a couple of people on this forum have sense.

Vin diesel? Just LOL...

De Niro is a legend. As are Jack Nicholson, Morgan Freeman (in some films), Clint Eastwood, Heath Ledger (did an awesome job in Dark Knight and a few other films), Johnny Depp, Tom Hanks, Malcom McDowell.

The thread is about actors, these people can act. Most action/mainstream films are full of sh1t these days. I could fill that list with dozens of names most people would never have heard of, but that would just be a waste of time?
Maybe for that reason i'll make a top 5 films thread for us to share our own film opinions and experience.

/Gand

Ah someone on this thread with some actual film knowledge, most of the other answers you'd expect from 12 year olds...

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Aye finally some real actors coming out.

Daniel Day Lewis - another legendary actor, his attention to character is unreal!
Ian Holm
Ian Mckellen
Forest Whitaker
Kenneth Branagh
There's countess i cant even think of right now.

/Gand

(@Myth - Yeah, i read film studies and drama at university.)

Last edited:

Myth

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 1, 2006
Accrington
Aye finally some real actors coming out.

Daniel Day Lewis - another legendary actor, his attention to character is unreal!
Ian Holm
Ian Mckellen
Forest Whitaker
Kenneth Branagh
There's countess i cant even think of right now.

/Gand

(@Myth - Yeah, i read film studies and drama at university.)

Daniel Day Lewis and Johnny Depp are fantastic method actors, also even though personally I don't like Christian Bale as a person, you can't help but admire an actor like him purely for his physical transformations in films like The Machinist and American Pyscho.

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Justin Timberlake
Samuel L Jackson

I said actors bud...

Oh you was being serious?
Justin Timberlake is one of those pretty boy singers that try their hand at whatever gives them dollar - your second post is true to that respect. He's never appeared in any epic film, theres a reason behind that.

Sam? Old Pulp Fiction was him as good, i still had respect for him into the 2000's; once you can forgive, but unfortunately all of his films follow the same line these days.. And unfortunately it's not pretty filled with cheap action, rubbish acting and poor stories.

/Gand

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Well hes in 2 of my favorite films, And not for the reason that hes in them.

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
Tom Hanks
Seth Rogan (and pretty much all of the geek clique)
Hugh Laurie
Hugh Jackman
Vince Vaughn

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
This thread just reminds me that the art of acting these days is in a pretty poor state, give or take a few of the genuinely good actors around today.

Nearly all of the good actors mentioned here are old or ageing. I just hope the future isn't filled with "actors" such as Vin Diesel...

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
He needs no introduction...

schwarzenegger-terminator-photo.jpg