Zircon Server Development

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Reach a higher level is not a valid argument, 4/5ths of the server won't even reach levels 60+ to appreciate end game content/mechanics. Levels 0 - 60 need to be taken into account, the mechanics/enjoyment of those levels are more important than end game content as the majority of players will experience it.
well at the rate of how fast you can level atm 70% of the people that will join launch will leave before reaching level 30 and 20% before reaching 40

Incredulous

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jul 21, 2016
few questions :

Is BlackPalace / JinchonPalace ingame?
If so, do both of these caves have working dropfiles (weapons from bp / armours/helms/rings from jp)

BlackIronOre drops seem a bit off/low? Heard a rumour only 1f zombies drop the BIO?
Possibly add BIO to higher floors + ghouls?

Do the monsters in Phantom Forest North have the correct dropfiles? GreatAxes/ValorBlades/WizEquivelent , also do the mobs drop the oldskool set? Mc2-3 ring , sc2-3 ring, dc3-4 neke, ac2-2 armguard, amc 2-2 armguard?

Some places the spawn seem very low, are you interested in what maps etc? Or will you be balancing spawns closer to the live date?

Last edited:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Add an option to toggle death drop on and off. If on, you can drop, but can't drop of someone who has theirs off. That way, people who wanna play rough, have the option to.

And make it if you toggle body/bag drops to ON (make it possible on logging screen) you get 5% extra exp points like you give if you are in observer mode to give pple incentive to toggle drops on.

I don't care to PK myself and hate it when someone jumps me on a hunt since I could drop or at at minimum break my stone but if you don't run any risk in PvE it removes the excitement when killing a sub or a boss that you will die and drop/break something.

I am 100% PvE player, carebear if you like, but still you need to run risks taking on that sub or boss or big lures that might be over your head and I mean more risk than being ejected from a cave, you must fear the consequences of your char death.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
few questions :

Is BlackPalace / JinchonPalace ingame?
If so, do both of these caves have working dropfiles (weapons from bp / armours/helms/rings from jp)

BlackIronOre drops seem a bit off/low? Heard a rumour only 1f zombies drop the BIO?
Possibly add BIO to higher floors + ghouls?

Do the monsters in Phantom Forest North have the correct dropfiles? GreatAxes/ValorBlades/WizEquivelent , also do the mobs drop the oldskool set? Mc2-3 ring , sc2-3 ring, dc3-4 neke, ac2-2 armguard, amc 2-2 armguard?

Some places the spawn seem very low, are you interested in what maps etc? Or will you be balancing spawns closer to the live date?

yes

A form of Mining will be addded later

Yes

Spawns, drops stats etc will all be balanced much later and before launch

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
yes

A form of Mining will be addded later

Yes

Spawns, drops stats etc will all be balanced much later and before launch

Love the direct and no bs answers. Keep it up (; lel

---------- Post Merged at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Reach a higher level is not a valid argument, 4/5ths of the server won't even reach levels 60+ to appreciate end game content/mechanics. Levels 0 - 60 need to be taken into account, the mechanics/enjoyment of those levels are more important than end game content as the majority of players will experience it.
+1 I don't have time to maintain long term an account either. My highest gained on crimson peacock was like 52. Half of that was during one of the big exp cave events and that was over the course of like 3 years or more?

I'm willing to invest time but to an extent - likely hood I can't maintain it is low and will end up quitting around level 40-50.

P.s. i don't want the content to be easier - I want to enjoy mir3 for what it is like I did in Crimson Peacock. The snow luring, the runs through departed valley to banyo island, the hunt to DragonLair etc.

Last edited:

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Is EnragedArchlichtaedu still a sin only boss @ level 70? T_T

Warriors had fun in there jamie will allow Beckon etc so will make it a lot easier. Sins could solo as they could stealth. But they had to use res pills when they owned. It's an aids cave haha.

---------- Post Merged at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:22 PM ----------

---------- Post Merged at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:45 PM ----------

+1 I don't have time to maintain long term an account either. My highest gained on crimson peacock was like 52. Half of that was during one of the big exp cave events and that was over the course of like 3 years or more?

I'm willing to invest time but to an extent - likely hood I can't maintain it is low and will end up quitting around level 40-50.

P.s. i don't want the content to be easier - I want to enjoy mir3 for what it is like I did in Crimson Peacock. The snow luring, the runs through departed valley to banyo island, the hunt to DragonLair etc.

Its a a long term server, if you quit it's down to not having fun? Not what level you are?

---------- Post Merged at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Reaching Lv40 is like reaching Lv22 on Mir2 lol.

Reaching 60 (Mir3) will be more or less the same speed as any other server having you reach Lv40 (Mir2) before content kicks in. Except with Mir3 in my opinion is able to keep you much more entertained with the amount of skills and stuff originally available before the new ones come into play.

If you haven't played Mir3 before, you have it best as it will be completely new to you with a load of skills you've never used before...you won't be waiting on TDB for the game to get interesting thats for sure lol.

Mir3 is much more balanced throughout than Mir2 ever was. The early game content is certainly not lacking, but if Jamie wanted to add more i wouldn't be against it by any means :) But required to keep you busy up till 40-50+? Not really...

Then I personally haven't seen or played any of the KR content....then probably more on top if we get that far, pretty sure a lot of people will be stuck in for a while.

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
Reaching Lv40 is like reaching Lv22 on Mir2 lol.

Reaching 60 (Mir3) will be more or less the same speed as any other server having you reach Lv40 (Mir2) before content kicks in. Except with Mir3 in my opinion is able to keep you much more entertained with the amount of skills and stuff originally available before the new ones come into play.

If you haven't played Mir3 before, you have it best as it will be completely new to you with a load of skills you've never used before...you won't be waiting on TDB for the game to get interesting thats for sure lol.

Mir3 is much more balanced throughout than Mir2 ever was. The early game content is certainly not lacking, but if Jamie wanted to add more i wouldn't be against it by any means :) But required to keep you busy up till 40-50+? Not really...

Then I personally haven't seen or played any of the KR content....then probably more on top if we get that far, pretty sure a lot of people will be stuck in for a while.
you seem to know what your talking about when comes to mir 3. ive never played it what would you recommend as a new player to it when it does come up? or isit just what people pref? normally a tao or war was going to go sin 1st time? but not to sure tbh

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
you seem to know what your talking about when comes to mir 3. ive never played it what would you recommend as a new player to it when it does come up? or isit just what people pref? normally a tao or war was going to go sin 1st time? but not to sure tbh

Warrior and Sin are the hardest classes to level up at the start of the game but excel late game (as do all classes). I would probably recommend a Wizard as a first time player to quickly learn the mechanics/levelling areas/items etc. Joining a friendly guild will help you a lot too for advice and group hunting.

Get a Wizard to 33 (average player probably take you 1-2 weeks), by then you'll know if you like it and will be able to see other classes of similar level if you want a change. Warrior 0 - 40 will not be a particularly pleasant experience for a first timer.

Very basic generalisation (traditional Mir):

Tao - support class, heals, buffs, poisons;
Warrior - lurers, tanks and high single target damage;
Wizard - fastest levelers, aoe damage, squishy without shield;
Sin - sneaky bastards, high single target damage, medium hp.

Last edited:

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
Warrior and Sin are the hardest classes to level up at the start of the game but excel late game (as do all classes). I would probably recommend a Wizard as a first time player to quickly learn the mechanics/levelling areas/items etc. Joining a friendly guild will help you a lot too for advice and group hunting.

Get a Wizard to 33 (average player probably take you 1-2 weeks), by then you'll know if you like it and will be able to see other classes of similar level if you want a change. Warrior 0 - 40 will not be a particularly pleasant experience for a first timer.

Very basic generalisation (traditional Mir):

Tao - support class, heals, buffs, poisons;
Warrior - lurers, tanks and high single target damage;
Wizard - fastest levelers, aoe damage, squishy without shield;
Sin - sneaky bastards, high single target damage, medium hp.
nice one for the reply will think about it normally make a guild but will defo be joining one

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
nice one for the reply will think about it normally make a guild but will defo be joining one

Better yet, play the Alpha/Beta to learn the basics. Then you'll know what to do from levels 0 - 30 ready for release.

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
Better yet, play the Alpha/Beta to learn the basics. Then you'll know what to do from levels 0 - 30 ready for release.
yeah i should do tbh just i like to keep the momentum ready for when live comes up if ya get what i mean? i should at least try the beta tho but i normally like to bug the **** out of my mates or people that who have geeked it for info :P then when i do try i can keep lvling without being effected on just my own opinion again ty for the response lad respect

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

I think it's more or less the same as Mir2 in terms of which classes become powerful "later"

Warriors and Sins will always be the more expensive and better played late game. Sins in Mir3 are far more fun than they ever were in Mir2 though, for sure. Some would even say OP to some extent as they can in later game, 1 hit a Wiz, from stealth without shield (But in stealth you can just wait out the shield lol).

In Mir2, most warriors wait for TDB to become useful...in Mir3, it happens around the Blade Storm, DestroSurge area i believe (I didn't play a Warrior too much). With Defiance (Defence boost skill), they become very powerful and very tanky and clear lures without burning through half a bag...but it is a bit of a pain to get there, as they always are. In PvP they get a skill called Beacon (Spelling?), with ports a targeted player to you, which can be very useful.

All of the kinds of skills that simply don't exist in Mir2 really help in balancing the game all together. Not saying it's 100% (As it never is), but near mid-late game it becomes rather balanced and all classes have skills to grant the ability to at least stand a fighting chance against others.

Jamie is making changes as we all know (Such as Wizards having no tame, and Taos having no summon pets)....so will see how it all eventually pans out, but hard to tell at this point...but i would imagine and hope it stays roughly the same margins of balance, if not more so.

But i would say play the class you've always played. Things will obviously be different, but in terms of expectation of when you become 'useful' or 'powerful' they would more or less be around the same stages of the game.

Last edited:

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Warriors had fun in there jamie will allow Beckon etc so will make it a lot easier. Sins could solo as they could stealth. But they had to use res pills when they owned. It's an aids cave haha.

---------- Post Merged at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:22 PM ----------

Its a a long term server, if you quit it's down to not having fun? Not what level you are?
For a support tao it is down to being left behind - when I can no longer get on a group hunt I end up sitting in town and losing interest. I would usually reroll at this point and try focus on a building up a melee class but solo grind is often unbareable.

I play mir for community. Tge Guilds, groups and players make this game for me.

Last edited:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
In Mir2, most warriors wait for TDB to become useful...in Mir3, it happens around the Blade Storm, DestroSurge area i believe (I didn't play a Warrior too much). With Defiance (Defence boost skill), they become very powerful and very tanky and clear lures without burning through half a bag...but it is a bit of a pain to get there, as they always are. In PvP they get a skill called Beacon (Spelling?), with ports a targeted player to you, which can be very useful.

All of the kinds of skills that simply don't exist in Mir2

I have 'news' for you, on 5H server currently I have BladeStorm (AOE skill), the Defiance is called ProField (AC buff), not sure what DestroSurge is but it could be DemonRush skill on 5H which dashes mob accompanied by nice flame trail ending in flame explosion and does some damage in process (it hits surrounding mobs too to some extent, I got the skill this last weekend only). Also got a TrippleAttack skill there that also looks like it has mir3 origin (never seen that one before on mir2 server).
And on Korean Happy server (mir2), I had that Beacon skill (pulled mobs towards me, not sure about pple, maybe everybody was too high level or it wasn't enabled) but there it had some Korean name of course.

Used to be that euro mir2 didn't have any mounts and getting them was considered 'impossible' for some reasons but then we got tigers to ride, no horses though but that is likely just a matter of some (lots of) graphics work that nobody bothered with as it is redundant with tigers around (but maybe horses would be too high which is where the obstacle having them on mir2 was).

I expect many mir2 positive pple will start this server but many will also play just a short time. Like I logged on that spanish server which is mir2 remade to look like mir3 - I understand they were hoping to attract more players (which by definition means mir2 players) by this remake but at least in my case they didn't succeed. The server's mir3 flavor put me off and I didn't even leave SZ.

But this server has tons of very nice features to maybe balance out those that put mir2 pple off mir3 so not sure how it will work out in the end.

Last edited:

Incredulous

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jul 21, 2016
The thing thats hugely important for alot of mir2 players, is the fact that this 'Mir3' server doesnt actually feel like a Mir3 engine/game

ChronicleGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2004
The thing thats hugely important for alot of mir2 players, is the fact that this 'Mir3' server doesnt actually feel like a Mir3 engine/game

Hold up, as you are all mir2 players how can you have a say in how mir3 plays and feels or in fact should play and feel?

Status
Not open for further replies.