Legend of Mir: Affinity Open Beta

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

SheLookedLvl18

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 19, 2015
Imho azzi, u should make teleport (wizz skill) work like geo manipulation. It already has a temporal flux effect so if u cast it once, the next one will cost like +300 mp or something like that. It will be thn used, instead of the clasic DE effect.
Wizzys get blink anyway at like lvl 45

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Imho azzi, u should make teleport (wizz skill) work like geo manipulation. It already has a temporal flux effect so if u cast it once, the next one will cost like +300 mp or something like that. It will be thn used, instead of the clasic DE effect.

I'd actually prefer if it RandomTeleported you on the current map, tbh. Wizzards get blink after a long quest chain at 45 and that too has temporal flux effect (multiple casts = eats your mana bar)

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012
I'd actually prefer if it RandomTeleported you on the current map, tbh. Wizzards get blink after a long quest chain at 45 and that too has temporal flux effect (multiple casts = eats your mana bar)

Then RT sound good. Way better then DE.

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
would be a cool idea, but the cost of teleport will need to return to the original mana cost otherwise weight wise it would be better to just go with rts

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015
just thought id put my opinion out on tao's there sfb was way op as i was lvl 33 and drooping lvl 40 wars wizzies roughly fully kitted and i only had like 23 sc loool maybe weaken there sfb a little also will tao chm/ hm be on here ? but atm on live i think im possibly gonna be warr/ tao

Varaka

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 12, 2014
just thought id put my opinion out on tao's there sfb was way op as i was lvl 33 and drooping lvl 40 wars wizzies roughly fully kitted and i only had like 23 sc loool maybe weaken there sfb a little also will tao chm/ hm be on here ? but atm on live i think im possibly gonna be warr/ tao

what? LOL! can you name the wars and wizzy you dropped so I can laugh in there faces?

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
So the whole thing with get free pets, go to ancient caves, ignore everything else up to lvl40 and to add to that group with your mates while ur pets afk kill everything with barely any exp loss remains?

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
So the whole thing with get free pets, go to ancient caves, ignore everything else up to lvl40 and to add to that group with your mates while ur pets afk kill everything with barely any exp loss remains?
you get only 1 pet, and you don't get a pet from lvl 40

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

So you can get to 40 asap and start competing, instead of waddling in your own filth slaying skeletons and zombies wondering why you're still playing this 15year old 2.5d isometric shitty game.

No pets at all after 40. Exp grind really starts at 42+. Exp sharing is diminishing but it's not as "harsh" as it was on euro.

Not hard to understand, I know it's not your perfect server because it wasn't hand-crafted by His Holyness Bon, but it is what it is.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
So you can get to 40 asap and start competing, instead of waddling in your own filth slaying skeletons and zombies wondering why you're still playing this 15year old 2.5d isometric shitty game.

No pets at all after 40. Exp grind really starts at 42+. Exp sharing is diminishing but it's not as "harsh" as it was on euro.

Then shouldn't the competing content start at level 1, or set the start level to 40?

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004

Not hard to understand, I know it's not your perfect server because it wasn't hand-crafted by His Holyness Bon, but it is what it is.

No need to be like that. I think the guy that made the server used quite a lot of time to make content 0-40 so like i said before he could smooth the lvling in the actual caves 0 to 40 so it takes exactly the same time as it is now without making em useless. I dont think there is any point in arguing in that.

You know me long enough to know that i hate grinding zombies and skeletons but then again making 10 caves with quests,mob stats,drop files useless is not the best idea.

Last edited:

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Then shouldn't the competing content start at level 1, or set the start level to 40?

You can't "compete" at level 1. You need a set basis of skills/gear to really start competing. Yeah you could set the start level to 40 but then you'd be completely skipping the early game, albeit a small period its quite a fun one if done correctly imo.

No need to be like that. I think the guy that made the server used quite a lot of time to make content 0-40 so like i said before he could smooth the lvling in the actual caves 0 to 40 so it takes exactly the same time as it is now without making em useless. I dont think there is any point in arguing in that.

You know me long enough to know that i hate grinding zombies and skeletons but then again making 10 caves with quests,mob stats,drop files useless is not the best idea.

Ye, tis fair point. I'm guessing it was easier for him to do 3 quick caves than spread it out amongst 10 caves, to which everyone would just flock to 1 cave anyway if it was deemed "the best" area to level. my bad at the snappy snap. I know you detest poor server management as much as I do.

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
You can't "compete" at level 1. You need a set basis of skills/gear to really start competing. Yeah you could set the start level to 40 but then you'd be completely skipping the early game, albeit a small period its quite a fun one if done correctly imo.

Ye, tis fair point. I'm guessing it was easier for him to do 3 quick caves than spread it out amongst 10 caves, to which everyone would just flock to 1 cave anyway if it was deemed "the best" area to level. my bad at the snappy snap. I know you detest poor server management as much as I do.
its actually not that bad to hunt in other places, on beta I used ancient wt but then mostly other caves

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004

Thing is those caves are already made with their drops their quests their stats everything. He can just make the exp in there comparable to ancient caves and we can actually lvl smoothly in caves that make sense compared to afk watch pet kill mobs.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I must say I share Squall's point about ancient caves replacing the traditional caves. But that really harks back to gamepot mir when the newer/later caves like insect were added in and mir had gazillions of caves for levs 20-40 of which only two or three were really used, actually everybody went to ancient caves LOL

But it is useless hammering on those who put up servers, more like to give message to those who only just think of a server of their own making. I used to post even on euro about the caves needing restructuring experience/level vise, moving entrances of higher level caves to more outlying places (best to new provinces), even the outdoor mobs should scale up better with 'province map level'... actually I have an idea how to make ancient caves more like integral part of mir cave system but the problem and bottom line is nobody really cares about under lev 40 mir places.

I think it fair if you don't want to bother with mobs and caves we all know to put in npc to make you lev40 with all skills as starting point - one server I played shortly on (Purgatory) had npc that made you lev32 off the bat, you got all skills for that level and you went to PI to get lev33 then went to PB to make lev40 and from there you went to 'new' caves where the game really started.

Status
Not open for further replies.