Legend of Mir: Affinity Open Beta

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

MirinBrah?

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2014
Each to their own, ill assume you play in a group of players? Probably the same you did on Galaxy.

For those who dont know, ill go ahead and explain what happens....

Group X of active players band together and group up and power level to whatever the cap is, or whatever the highest level item/skill currently is ingame (Endgame). In this process they completely destroy any other group or solo player they find in the best leveling cave (There is always 1), further strengthening their advantage by starving exp to others. Once they hit endgame, they start dominating bosses and continue to smash everyone off every boss due to their level/skill/kit advantage. The "new players" you speak of dont get invited into these groups as they are very cliquey, and when the group is at a level theyre happy with, they stop leveling all together. Any new players are basically playing from launch and have to group with other new players (or re-rollers) to get the same advantage in leveling speed group X had.

Lets fast forward say a month into the servers life, people who didnt play from launch download and start playing, kill for a while solo (as everybody does from level 1) and quickly realise "Jesus, this is kinda slow, how are all those people level 100". They either dont bother logging back on cause theyre too far behind, or get in a group, get some good exp and think ok this is great. So they log off, sleep, eat, spend time with family, go to work, whatever. Next time they log on, none of their new found friends are online, so they think 'Ah ill just go level surely its better now im level 40" - But no, its awful. So they either stand in SZ afk creating a fake UC, or they log off.

Like i said, each to their own, but this "feature" is not good for any game, more so Mir with its such low usercounts. I will not play, and i know others wont if this is a "feature". I dont wanna go even further into detail cause if you dont understand the point im making then you're probably trolling or play in a large group.

I'll await a reply from azzi.

spot on sounds good in theory but in reality it does not work for the reasons above

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Yeah, there are many knock on affects to accelerating the advantage that 'no lifers' (not a dig, again each to their own but thats what theyre reffered to in Mir linguo) have. These type of players who play 10, 12, 15+ hours a day will obviously always have an advantage. But that feature on Galaxy with group exp was absolutely ludicrous and gave 'no lifers' steroids.

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
Yeah, there are many knock on affects to accelerating the advantage that 'no lifers' (not a dig, again each to their own but thats what theyre reffered to in Mir linguo) have. These type of players who play 10, 12, 15+ hours a day will obviously always have an advantage. But that feature on Galaxy with group exp was absolutely ludicrous and gave 'no lifers' steroids.
and having the ability to kill most of the bosses that spawn on every spawn solo is also pretty much an insane steroid.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Any monopoly is a bad thing for the game. Any stranglehold on leveling areas, bosses etc will always keep those who have it logging on, and those who dont demoralised and picking away at scraps.

Luckily Mir is a game where the people with the power to change things and balance with just a reboot (And obviously the planning and hours, sometimes minutes of work) are very involved and accessable to the playerbase. Sadly this falls down where busy schedules and often outright ignorance cause them not to listen.

SheLookedLvl18

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 19, 2015
and having the ability to kill most of the bosses that spawn on every spawn solo is also pretty much an insane steroid.

Oh really ? because it took Towelist 35-40 mins to kill oks solo for example, uninterrupted by anyone even after the global shout, so if no one bothered trying to interrupt the kill in 40 mins how can the issue be a broken class?

What more do you want? the boss globalshouts and you don't go how can you say you get no bosses? if you don't go?

Again its a case of the player (you) that's the issue not a problem with the server.

Last edited:

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
Oh really ? because it took Towelist 35-40 mins to kill oks solo for example, uninterrupted by anyone even after the global shout, so if no one bothered trying to interrupt the kill in 40 mins how can the issue be a broken class?
do you even read what I am writing, or you just ignore everything that proves you are just wrong?
1. if it takes 35-40 mins to kill oks, and it spawns every X hours, during those hours he gets to all the lords, all the khazards, all the frozen tigers, then yeah its a ****ing problem, because as it was mentioned above me, monopoly is a ****ing problem
2. oks takes longer to kill than lords
3. you still ignore the very fact that we are talking about balance, and I am tired of trying to explain it to you over and over, as it seems it just cannot get into your head that if a char lvled X fast during the balancing, and now its 3X, then its a problem.

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003

What more do you want? the boss globalshouts and you don't go how can you say you get no bosses? if you don't go?

Again its a case of the player (you) that's the issue not a problem with the server.

question then becomes: maybe the class is so op that nobody even bothers to try and fight them anymore? :p
granted server's open beta test was sort of 'wrong' for balance testing > since verry few ppl actualy bothered to do much 'endgame' testing, ppl checked out how to level etc then just left cause they where bored with the incomming wipe or decided to wait till after the wipe to get into the endgame stage :p

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
Any monopoly is a bad thing for the game. Any stranglehold on leveling areas, bosses etc will always keep those who have it logging on, and those who dont demoralised and picking away at scraps.

Luckily Mir is a game where the people with the power to change things and balance with just a reboot (And obviously the planning and hours, sometimes minutes of work) are very involved and accessable to the playerbase. Sadly this falls down where busy schedules and often outright ignorance cause them not to listen.
you are describing exactly a problem the guy under you is trying to disprove, and causing him to continually argue about something I think by now he understand he is wrong about.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Its irrelevant what you or i, or anybody think. Everyone has their views (Even if its just someone being a dick) and theyre entitled to it. The only person that counts is the GM with the power to change things.

Just gotta hope they listen to the community and not 1 or 2 people defending their advantage, or something they enjoy.

SheLookedLvl18

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 19, 2015
do you even read what I am writing, or you just ignore everything that proves you are just wrong?
1. if it takes 35-40 mins to kill oks, and it spawns every X hours, during those hours he gets to all the lords, all the khazards, all the frozen tigers, then yeah its a ****ing problem, because as it was mentioned above me, monopoly is a ****ing problem
2. oks takes longer to kill than lords
3. you still ignore the very fact that we are talking about balance, and I am tired of trying to explain it to you over and over, as it seems it just cannot get into your head that if a char lvled X fast during the balancing, and now its 3X, then its a problem.

And what the question that you cant seem to get in your head how is it a server problem if you don't ****ing turn up to the boss to take it? obviously the person is gonna get stronger if not contested by anyone, why is soo hard for you to understand this?
Get a group kick the person out what more do you want? the server globals when oks is out and someone enters,yet in 35-40 mins you sat your asses in sz them moan about getting no bosses.

Last edited:

PuffDaddy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 7, 2011
And what the question that you cant seem to get in your head how is it a server problem if you don't ****ing turn up to the boss to take it? obviously the person is gonna get stronger if not contested by anyone, why is soo hard for you to understand this?
Get a group kick the person out what more do you want? the server globals when oks is out and someone enters,yet in 35-40 mins you sat your asses in sz them moan about getting no bosses.

<<< outlander here guys u moan like fkers all day long u were in sz all day just waiting on something me towelist varaka tried most of the caves killed most of the bosses i even got pruve from gamemaster itself when he was standing next 2 me in game master moode looking how i run of oks and beat him up till end of time even if it toked me more then 1 hr nobody was even bothered 2 get inside or 2 come pk me 90 % of times alone in bosses thats was at begining after people started not 2 get online and the users were below 8 or something like that nobody even bothered going for bosses u all sayd towelist killed all lords cba lords were removed last days for working and most of the time he killed em whith me or varaka and we died **** loads of times killing them losing stones and the time even eve we failed and didnt tried again y nobody tried zt ? like for example did anione tried it beside me varaka and towelist the coridors after maze we died like 10 times came bk tri 2 go further we did invasions what did u do ? beside runing in khazard or serching frost tigers ? u killed wt at begining of server that bs dont think nowant tried mtk beside us rme beside us we even killed manectric king at the invasion 2 bad hes drop file was empty u moam about taos and warriors ar **** last day or beta i pvped little bit surprises the fk i culdnt do **** he was just lr pets kill me doing 200+ on tdbs or fs and dont want even 2 start when kknd started 2 drop me like fk he was tu pets then gl killing him i summoned again tu again long storry what u want 2 say about taos they ar op learn 2 play the class wizz<<< super lvling warr<good for bossing luring even lvling after chm tao<<< good for suport slow in killing slow in bossing aint even bother lvl widowt someone maby after u get psn cloud after lvl 43 but still lets remember only 1 droped on the server as tao u dont even know how much time i spend geting chestnuts trees for gold so i can get pets so i can go lvl till fownd sinsu lets not forget the pet ai is fked up and if u go whith someone hunting and hes hiting the mob/boss pets wont even bother:eek-new: so stom moaming about tao's if u dont know a boss timer or something like that stay in the fking kr of the cave till boss rs then u get the timmer or what ur 2 bored of it and u just want sex tipe in sz as again if i misstiped something sorry about my english and gl on the upcoming server

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Asif anyones gonna read that. You two seem to be arguing over something very situational (OKS), which is sadly irrelevant and youre wasting your fingerprints. As far as iv read the server has only been up for closed and open beta temporarily? I wonder what the usercount was, as that contributes directly to how contested bosses are. Also, it was beta, regardless of open or closed, nobody really cares to defend a boss if there is gonna be a wipe.

Relax, betas are never a true reflection of what live is. Ever.

Varaka

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 12, 2014
lol @ crying because you lost bosses when there are 7 people on the test beta. How will you compete when there are 50+ players? Every class has there + and - and I don't think one class will dominate. He soloed OKS wow! do you think he will be left alone @ live to solo it? The KR in there has been changed so i for see some good pvp fights there. I found lvling to 43 on a wiz good but from 44+ its a ball ache! If you had tried you would have known. Taos will have a tough tough time reaching the higher lvls but if you feel they are OP please roll one for yourself and try, so i can lol at you after 2 weeks when you reroll back to warrior or wizard. Towel is one of the best taos I know so for you to 1v1 him is not going to end pretty for you. I'm guessing your KKND ingame so I know your a wiz WITHOUT FD / FF / Bliz / Met vs a tao with Curse, PC, 2x pets ( pets are bugged btw as they stop attacking for some reason).

Pm /Varaka @ live buying warrior items and kills.

---------- Post Merged at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:23 PM ----------

Asif anyones gonna read that. You two seem to be arguing over something very situational (OKS), which is sadly irrelevant and youre wasting your fingerprints. As far as iv read the server has only been up for closed and open beta temporarily? I wonder what the usercount was, as that contributes directly to how contested bosses are. Also, it was beta, regardless of open or closed, nobody really cares to defend a boss if there is gonna be a wipe.

At peak there where about 30 users but that was mainly the 0-40 content, i would say about 5-10 players checked out some 40+ areas.

I tried one of the 40+ areas and was loving the exp until the teleport mobs found me. After 5 deaths within 3 minutes you need a group to do there. Not a roll over server but a good challenge.

SheLookedLvl18

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 19, 2015

Exactly, was just trying to get the point across to mythonline that he cant call for a class nerf simply because he didn't get bosses which he never bothered to try contesting even when 5 of their guild are sat is sz like lemons talking shyte, BDD for example every boss was always up there when i went, but oh wait sorry nerf taos right myth?because you didn't bother going there either lol

Last edited:

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
lol, what a shitfest.

So from the testing I did on closed beta, tao's seemed fine as did warrs as did wizzies. Tao's actually scale the worst out of all 3 classes (testing based against full HellYamaKit on closed beta on each of the 3 classes) in terms of damage... as they should do. Their only real "offensive" ability in an actual fight (cave fight, where taos pets will be useless) is poisoncloud which seems about as rare as FlameField. I see no problem with that. Their utility is as always, 100% needed for long hunts/bosses. They are a wanted class on here, which is good.
Not a class that's reliant on kit. Possibly one of the hardest classes to play/master imo.

Wizzies are extremely squishy and are of course the lvling kings. Their damage is pretty mediocre until they get FF/Blizz/Met, but when they do, they're scary. The "late game" class, again, as always. Heavily kit reliant class. Disgusting in a group together. Hard class to play/master as you'll be constantly watching your health. 1 wrong mistake and pop!

Warriors are the tank and spank class. large amounts of health, you'd have to be pretty dumb to die on a warrior. For PK it actually worked out best to go full DC (standard sub 40 kit) than to sacrifice DC for A.speed, i'd only recommend doing this for lvling. Warriors scale the best out of all 3 classes but they need the kit for it. Heavily kit reliant class. By far the scariest class lategame with the damage/tank potential. By far the easiest class to play.

So basically, mir as usual. Frankly if any class needs nerfing its warrior or wizard in the mid to late game :| but balance honestly seemed alright and that's damn near impossible to say for Mir servers. But alas, all of this is in beta and as Adv mentioned, nobody's going to fight for a boss on a beta. I'd be very surprised if this "Towelist" guy gets any bosses solo on live as everythings going to be contested. Surprised there's so much moaning frankly, guess azzi's doing something right hah.

I'll probably be playing warrior or wizard when its live. See you then!

Last edited:

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
fine, don't nerf tao's.

anyway, this server seem to be the best one I played in the recent years, so if anyone new read those lines, you should definitely try it out.

Last edited:

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
<<< outlander here guys u moan like fkers all day long u were in sz all day just waiting on something me towelist varaka tried most of the caves killed most of the bosses i even got pruve from gamemaster itself when he was standing next 2 me in game master moode looking how i run of oks and beat him up till end of time even if it toked me more then 1 hr nobody was even bothered 2 get inside or 2 come pk me 90 % of times alone in bosses thats was at begining after people started not 2 get online and the users were below 8 or something like that nobody even bothered going for bosses u all sayd towelist killed all lords cba lords were removed last days for working and most of the time he killed em whith me or varaka and we died **** loads of times killing them losing stones and the time even eve we failed and didnt tried again y nobody tried zt ? like for example did anione tried it beside me varaka and towelist the coridors after maze we died like 10 times came bk tri 2 go further we did invasions what did u do ? beside runing in khazard or serching frost tigers ? u killed wt at begining of server that bs dont think nowant tried mtk beside us rme beside us we even killed manectric king at the invasion 2 bad hes drop file was empty u moam about taos and warriors ar **** last day or beta i pvped little bit surprises the fk i culdnt do **** he was just lr pets kill me doing 200+ on tdbs or fs and dont want even 2 start when kknd started 2 drop me like fk he was tu pets then gl killing him i summoned again tu again long storry what u want 2 say about taos they ar op learn 2 play the class wizz<<< super lvling warr<good for bossing luring even lvling after chm tao<<< good for suport slow in killing slow in bossing aint even bother lvl widowt someone maby after u get psn cloud after lvl 43 but still lets remember only 1 droped on the server as tao u dont even know how much time i spend geting chestnuts trees for gold so i can get pets so i can go lvl till fownd sinsu lets not forget the pet ai is fked up and if u go whith someone hunting and hes hiting the mob/boss pets wont even bother:eek-new: so stom moaming about tao's if u dont know a boss timer or something like that stay in the fking kr of the cave till boss rs then u get the timmer or what ur 2 bored of it and u just want sex tipe in sz as again if i misstiped something sorry about my english and gl on the upcoming server

Such a cluster **** of text. Anyway I deciphered it.
We did not sit in town all day, I've killed many lords, killed many highlands bosses, killed WT, ZT, Ghouls, HiGhouls, Khazard, EvilSnake, Whiteboars, CrystalSpiders, RME, EC, the real manectric king, (tried MTK but hit too hard), bone lord, the giant were wolf creature in WhiteValley, SaneokMiner (from CrystalCaveKR), OmaKing, OKS, I even tried to go to yimoogi but the npc is bugged.

I also tried many new caves like varaka said, redcave is nice exp (teleporting mobs **** you over though - need a few tanky wars to take agro). Outlaw Prison, ForgottenCity, Yes I did sit in sz a lot now and then because why grind for stuff that will be wiped??

Look forward to live - shame couldn't test end game content due to the lack of it or gm not giving us resources (e.g. level boost) to try them out.

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012
Imho azzi, u should make teleport (wizz skill) work like geo manipulation. It already has a temporal flux effect so if u cast it once, the next one will cost like +300 mp or something like that. It will be thn used, instead of the clasic DE effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.