Legend of Mir: Affinity Open Beta

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
so I want to write some bugs down:
1. the lvl 35 sword quest is bugged.
2. @alchemy work one time and then stop
3. lots of the functions that you wrote in the first thread don't seem to exist (@cook for example)
4. there is a problem to enter some caves on a horse, completely **** the game (for example to outlaw prison, will get you in and out non stop with no ability to stop other than tt)
5. there is a cave in forgotten city that even though its on the map you cannot enter.
6. I am not sure if its because you changed marbles to be stackable, but when you did that all the marbles from aguild storage disappeared and also some essences disappeared

I have to say though, seems like most of the features are working fine now.

there is one thing I wanna say though, tao's in legend of mir were always strong and were able to solo pretty much anything, what stop them from being op was both their inability to level fast and the fact that it took insane amount of time for them to solo stuff. Nowadays because you made group exp a lot higher (by the way its the right thing and one of the things I like about the server), they got an insane buff that with the fact that they scale a lot better here (also completely agree with the buffs you gave), I feel that for balance it should be reconsidered and maybe nerf tao's a bit (pets and sfb) to balance this pretty big buff.

Last edited:

SheLookedLvl18

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 19, 2015
so I want to write some bugs down:

there is one thing I wanna say though, tao's in legend of mir were always strong and were able to solo pretty much anything, what stop them from being op was both their inability to level fast and the fact that it took insane amount of time for them to solo stuff. Nowadays because you made group exp a lot higher (by the way its the right thing and one of the things I like about the server), they got an insane buff that with the fact that they scale a lot better here (also completely agree with the buffs you gave), I feel that for balance it should be reconsidered and maybe nerf tao's a bit (pets and sfb) to balance this pretty big buff.

It's posts like these that GM's shouldnt listen to...nerf pets and sfb? why? because you intend to play a wiz and a certain tao bested you in beta and that tao actually killed bosses instead of standing in town talking ****? which is evident by you and your guildies posts about Towelist just above.. This is nothing but Classic ''oh lets nerf other classes that im not gonna be'' post,balance was tested intensively during both beta's, warriors and wizzy both scale massively , what does a tao scale in?

lets see..

UE capped at 0-8 no matter what sc you have/gain (why???)
AC/AMC buff capped at 0-10 no matter what SC you have/gain(why???)
Pets don't attack if another group member/ pets hits the same target and bug out n just stand there
Curse has a cooldown added
Amulets are expensive as ****
Reincarnation you need to kill high end bosses for the amulets of revival..
Single healing someone in mobs is hard since mobs agro area's around their body are bigger on here
''Target too far'' message

So what the **** needs balancing?How the hell do they scale too well if all the buffs/debuffs are capped?

oh and go buy a damn mouse, maybe you're loosing because you're playing mir on a damn touchpad you clown.

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
It's posts like these that GM's shouldnt listen to...nerf pets and sfb? why? because you intend to play a wiz and a certain tao bested you in beta and that tao actually killed bosses instead of standing in town talking ****? which is evident by you and your guildies posts about Towelist just above.. This is nothing but Classic ''oh lets nerf other classes that im not gonna be'' post,balance was tested intensively during both beta's, warriors and wizzy both scale massively , what does a tao scale in?

lets see..

Pets don't attack if another group member/ pets hits the same target and bug out n just stand there
Single healing someone in mobs is hard since mobs agro area's around their body are bigger on here

So what the **** needs balancing?How the hell do they scale too well if all the buffs/debuffs are capped?

oh and go buy a damn mouse, maybe you're loosing because you're playing mir on a damn touchpad you clown.
1. I admit defeat when its coming to towelist, he did defeat me and it was fair considering at the start of the server lvling a tao was normal.
2. Taoists were balanced before the group exp came, I wrote specifically that it should be considered because of the exp buff, and considering there is no more testing it could be quite hard.
3. Tao's do scale better than normal mir because they have pretty darn good skills on higher lvl
4. you seem to be a bit butthurt for some reason, and I am guessing its because you intended to play taoist and you found the class exploitable and don't want it to get nerf.
5. my concern was not specifically on towelist, I just wanted to say here that if 1 guy could do so many bosses, some casual player may find it hard to find bosses to hunt.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
What do you mean by "Group exp"?

If its anything like Galaxy, where entire group gets 100% of a mobs exp then id advise you scrap this immediately. It killed the server from launch like a slow burning poison.

---------- Post Merged at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Also, is it up atm? Tried the last IP posted and getting failed attempts to connect.

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
What do you mean by "Group exp"?

If its anything like Galaxy, where entire group gets 100% of a mobs exp then id advise you scrap this immediately. It killed the server from launch like a slow burning poison.

---------- Post Merged at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Also, is it up atm? Tried the last IP posted and getting failed attempts to connect.
its not 100% but not that far from it.
and its not up, it was wiped after the open beta and should be opened fresh on the 1st, which is why I wrote the comment from the first place.

SheLookedLvl18

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 19, 2015
1. I admit defeat when its coming to towelist, he did defeat me and it was fair considering at the start of the server lvling a tao was normal.
2. Taoists were balanced before the group exp came, I wrote specifically that it should be considered because of the exp buff, and considering there is no more testing it could be quite hard.
3. Tao's do scale better than normal mir because they have pretty darn good skills on higher lvl
4. you seem to be a bit butthurt for some reason, and I am guessing its because you intended to play taoist and you found the class exploitable and don't want it to get nerf.
5. my concern was not specifically on towelist, I just wanted to say here that if 1 guy could do so many bosses, some casual player may find it hard to find bosses to hunt.

''Tao's do scale better than normal mir because they have pretty darn good skills on higher lvl '' is that even a point? that's like me saying nerf war n wiz because they get better skills at higher level lol (DUH), Should warrior be nerfed too then since a warrior scales big and in standard 40 kit and 2 hit a tao? or wiz because they can pretty much guaranteed kill in 1 bliz or met?

Im not ''butthurt'' at all infact you seem to be the one that's ''butthurt'' trying to get a class nerfed and callling them exploitable for no reason other than '' oh i cant get bosses to hunt because a certain tao killed it while i was stood in sz picking my nose''

Also what do you expect? if someone takes the time to work out the timers and kill the bosses and is more active than a ''casual player'' ofc he is gonna get more bosses... get a group work out the timers and kick the player out? Its no ones fault that you are ''casual'' but your own.

I just get irritated when people make statements like this making GM'S think there's a problem with a class when its actually the player that's the root of the problem.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Okay, i probably wont even bother playing if the group exp is so high. It absolutely destroyed Galaxy.

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
I played gravity long time ago, and I am guessing that they threw an event that ****ed everything up? or was it the lack of challenge?
and I wouldn't worry too much about the server being destroyed, the gms here are very capable and this server is very nice, and I trust them not to **** the server up.

SheLookedLvl18

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 19, 2015
Okay, i probably wont even bother playing if the group exp is so high. It absolutely destroyed Galaxy.

That didn't destroy Galaxy, what destroyed it was:

1)The lack of new content
2)Levelcaps
3)Stupid Item stat scaling
4)It was a 1-2 hit fest
5)People got fed up dropping 1-4 items from body every pk made even worse by the fact that they couldnt tt below 15% health or sunny only once every 10 seconds to avoid it.
6)GM's vanished of the radar with no communication.
7)HalloweenEvent kit

The group exp thing was probably one of the better features it encourages grouping and gets new players for example into higher level groups so they can get into the server quickly.

Last edited:

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003

lets see..

isnt cursed still 'broken' (aka it has no range limit so you can cast it from outside other ppl's view range? :p)
tbh you're doing the same thing he is :p
he's blaming tao's for being more powerfull then him (cause he didnt play one)
you're blaming other class's for scaling better then yours (cause you wanna protect the one you played)

in the end on a 3class server tao's are always gonna own any other class at solo boss fights, giving them high dps ontop of their green poison seems like something you could never 'balance' imho (not that it matters)
if you want a class that solo's bosses easely> go play tao on this server? :p

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Ofcourse there was other contributing factors yes.But the 100% group exp contributed its fair share to its demise. No game should ever force grouping to keep up in leveling. Force grouping for high end bosses, sure. But just playing basics? Never.

How many times do the average mir player go leveling solo/duo when bosses are down or its the early hours/off peak times. Alot. With 100% exp its basically pointless to do that, which is why alot of people killed bosses then stood around waiting for them all to RS when the UC was low. Cause leveling was pointless without a big group.

SheLookedLvl18

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 19, 2015
isnt cursed still 'broken' (aka it has no range limit so you can cast it from outside other ppl's view range? :p)
you're blaming other class's for scaling better then yours (cause you wanna protect the one you played)

in the end on a 3class server tao's are always gonna own any other class at solo boss fights, giving them high dps ontop of their green poison seems like something you could never 'balance' imho (not that it matters)

In the mention about warriors n wizzys I was being sarcastic clearly n basically showing him its easy to do and anyone can complain about another class :P

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
there is something called balance you know, a class is balanced by many factors, one of them its her ability to get power (this is for example why old poppy in league of legends was not played often, lack of wave clear didn't allowed her to get to the late game), and taoists were balanced along other things around that. so if you take that factor away, you change the balance, if you cannot understand why its a point that should be considered I don't see the point of continuing replying.

about the boss thing, I don't think you understood my point and maybe I explained it the wrong way, what I meant was that either the bosses should become stronger, or spawn more often or make it take longer to find them (for example removing rts from krs and/or floor before it), that way one guy cannot kill all the bosses around the server because it takes too much time and there is plenty of stuff to do on the server that are enough time consuming that many people will have stuff to do. and yeah, he will get more bosses, but it won't prevent from other people to find what to do in the meantime.

---------- Post Merged at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:23 PM ----------

I do consider it, but still I am hoping you understood my point about balance being change due to the party exp buff.

SheLookedLvl18

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ofcourse there was other contributing factors yes.But the 100% group exp contributed its fair share to its demise. No game should ever force grouping to keep up in leveling. Force grouping for high end bosses, sure. But just playing basics? Never.

How many times do the average mir player go leveling solo/duo when bosses are down or its the early hours/off peak times. Alot. With 100% exp its basically pointless to do that, which is why alot of people killed bosses then stood around waiting for them all to RS when the UC was low. Cause leveling was pointless without a big group.

But this has always been the case even if the exp is gimped abit by group like normal, the amount of exp you make over time (obviously in decent caves )****'s on what you would have made solo for example grouping with 2 wizzys t storming in hogroom even in a near full group on euro was quicker than killing pb omas 1 by 1 even on the normal exp decline per member in group system. The Only difference is now the group is encouraged to add new people rather than wizzys feeling pressured to level people at a loss in their leveling rate.

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
But this has always been the case even if the exp is gimped abit by group like normal, the amount of exp you make over time (obviously in decent caves )****'s on what you would have made solo for example grouping with 2 wizzys t storming in hogroom even in a near full group on euro was quicker than killing pb omas 1 by 1 even on the normal exp decline per member in group system. The Only difference is now the group is encouraged to add new people rather than wizzys feeling pressured to level people at a loss in their leveling rate.
I think his point was that if its 100% and not lets say x0.8 for each member or something, it makes the difference between solo and group hunting so big that when the server has no people and you still manage to find 1h you don't feel good about your gain from lvling (along other bad things that happen)

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Each to their own, ill assume you play in a group of players? Probably the same you did on Galaxy.

For those who dont know, ill go ahead and explain what happens....

Group X of active players band together and group up and power level to whatever the cap is, or whatever the highest level item/skill currently is ingame (Endgame). In this process they completely destroy any other group or solo player they find in the best leveling cave (There is always 1), further strengthening their advantage by starving exp to others. Once they hit endgame, they start dominating bosses and continue to smash everyone off every boss due to their level/skill/kit advantage. The "new players" you speak of dont get invited into these groups as they are very cliquey, and when the group is at a level theyre happy with, they stop leveling all together. Any new players are basically playing from launch and have to group with other new players (or re-rollers) to get the same advantage in leveling speed group X had.

Lets fast forward say a month into the servers life, people who didnt play from launch download and start playing, kill for a while solo (as everybody does from level 1) and quickly realise "Jesus, this is kinda slow, how are all those people level 100". They either dont bother logging back on cause theyre too far behind, or get in a group, get some good exp and think ok this is great. So they log off, sleep, eat, spend time with family, go to work, whatever. Next time they log on, none of their new found friends are online, so they think 'Ah ill just go level surely its better now im level 40" - But no, its awful. So they either stand in SZ afk creating a fake UC, or they log off.

Like i said, each to their own, but this "feature" is not good for any game, more so Mir with its such low usercounts. I will not play, and i know others wont if this is a "feature". I dont wanna go even further into detail cause if you dont understand the point im making then you're probably trolling or play in a large group.

I'll await a reply from azzi.

Last edited:

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Each to their own, ill assume you play in a group of players? Probably the same you did on Galaxy.

Group X of active players band together and group up and power level to whatever the cap is, or whatever the highest level item/skill currently is ingame (Endgame). In this process they completely destroy any other group or solo player they find in the best leveling cave (There is always 1), further strengthening their advantage by starving exp to others. Once they hit endgame, they start dominating bosses and continue to smash everyone off every boss due to their level/skill/kit advantage. The "new players" you speak of dont get invited into these groups as they are very cliquey, and when the group is at a level theyre happy with, they stop leveling all together. Any new players are basically playing from launch and have to group with other new players (or re-rollers) to get the same advantage in leveling speed group X had.

Lets fast forward say a month into the servers life, people who didnt play from launch download and start playing, kill for a while solo (as everybody does from level 1) and quickly realise "Jesus, this is kinda slow, how are all those people level 100". They either dont bother logging back on cause theyre too far behind, or get in a group, get some good exp and think ok this is great. So they log off, sleep, eat, spend time with family, go to work, whatever. Next time they log on, none of their new found friends are online, so they think 'Ah ill just go level surely its better now im level 40" - But no, its awful. So they either stand in SZ afk creating a fake UC, or they log off.

Like i said, each to their own, but this "feature" is not good for any game, more so Mir with its such low usercounts. I will not play, and i know others wont if this is a "feature".

I will just clarify this one note as im exceptionally busy whilst getting everything ready for Launch day.

EXP is not 100% for grouping up.

It scales with how many group members you have in your group.

E.g. 2 players will receive 10% decrease
3 Players 15% decrease
4 players 20% decrease
5 or more players 25% decrease.

The way it actually works out ingame counters what you have said about X said friends leveling together.

Also it gives a great incline for the solo player aswell.

Just to also Clarify... This is NOT Galaxy.

I will not be posting again until server launch So i hope to see you all there.

Thankyou.

Last edited:

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Thanks for the reply.

Heaven knows where the previous posters got their info from then. Classic case of commenting ignorantly without paying attention i assume.

I'll give it a go.

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005

Like i said, each to their own, but this "feature" is not good for any game, more so Mir with its such low usercounts. I will not play, and i know others wont if this is a "feature". I dont wanna go even further into detail cause if you dont understand the point im making then you're probably trolling or play in a large group.

as I said, he didn't make it 100%, also you forgot to mention that they make everyone retire but themselves until they get bored of the server and move on, which is exactly what I describe a few posts ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.