Peugeot 306

Kadama

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
West Midlands, Malvern
Today i bought a Peugeot 306 LX 1.4l 90k miles with allow wheels and low profile tires, its a 1998 model so it has all the cool gadgets like electric windows, remote central locking (my fav :P) and Air Con.

The insurance was a bomb! i had to pay an extra £540 ontop of the £1250 i payed for my Peugeot 106 967cc. The simple fact why was because of my age, im 19, and ive only been driving for 2months.

I've been driving it around all day, its been so much fun, it handles well and sticks to the roads, the only problems ive found is that the clutch and acceleration pedals are extremely stiff.

Does anyone have any feedback on the peugeot 306, maybe problems you've had or heard about the Pug 306, or how well it performes in particular areas.

Please, any Pug 306 owners give me ur knowledge! :P

edit: here is a picture!
peaceout!
kadama

Attachments

• Peugeot 306 lx.JPG
    Peugeot 306 lx.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
wow nice one m8, your insurance full comp? how much you pay for the car?

my bros 19 been driving a year but hasnt got a years no claims yet but on his 1.4 astra that has 60 bhp and does 0-60 in 16 odd second's, actual stats they are lol. hes paying 1600 ish for full comp. so what youve got there is a bargain for insurance because its alot faster.

when i get paid on saturday im buying a ford p100 pick up as a project as well as my car for 300 quid. need to get an insurance quote though cant get one on the net though.

Kadama

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
West Midlands, Malvern
wow nice one m8, your insurance full comp? how much you pay for the car?

My insurance is Third Party Only, and i payed £670 for my car with a spare allow wheel and a low pro tire, and the standard pug 306 wheels x5.

The people i bought it off was VERY well off, thats why i think i got it so cheap! well, i think its cheap anyhow.

peaceout
kadama

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
My mate had that car in that colour as well. He liked it so he brought a newer car and different colour. Must be something good about it.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Your
Car
Is
Sexy.

My mate had one of these but he had to write it off as some f***er drove the wrong way so he tried to avoid him lost control and went straight through a hedge, luckily he was ok :)

It was the best car he had ever had =( Now he's in a micra lol, but transport is transport i guess.

Perebble

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 11, 2006
www.atomicide.com
The insurance was a bomb! i had to pay an extra £540 ontop of the £1250 i payed for my Peugeot 106 967cc. The simple fact why was because of my age, im 19, and ive only been driving for 2months.
Insurance is mad nowadays. Expecially considering you're 19, that's high, although it is a 1.4 LX.

I'm 17, no years no claims on a 1.25 Fiesta LX was £1803(?) for third party FAT (with Pass Plus).

After your first year no claims it makes a huge difference.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 5, 2005
UK
lol nah. ive checked load's of car's on there and ive jsut tryd a 306 LX third party fire and theift 1month with lience and 1year no claims comes to 1050pound whats this other site?

/ancient

Perebble

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 11, 2006
www.atomicide.com
lol nah. ive checked load's of car's on there and ive jsut tryd a 306 LX third party fire and theift 1month with lience and 1year no claims comes to 1050pound whats this other site?

/ancient
I put my exact details up on there and it added £400 to what I'm paying atm.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 5, 2005
UK
I put my exact details up on there and it added £400 to what I'm paying atm.
but how old are you m8?(if you mind me asking and how many year's no claims you got and how many year's have you hold you full UK liecence?

this is me

male
single
collage porter
1 month FULL UK liecence
1 year's no claim's (owned motorbike's)
306 LX 1.4

and came to 1049pounds (Fire and Theift)
/ancient

Last edited:

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
ok couple of things.

when you get a gr8 insurance deal on the net thats like 1k take down the quote number if your serious about getting insured because after the system give a cheap insurance quote where youve found a loop hole sorta thing they adjust and rise the price, happened to a friend they got a gd insurance price, didnt get the quote number went outside chated with parent they went straight back in and the insurance price has raised 400 pounds.

the reason insurance is sky high for yound drivers nowadays is because of twats such as 2fast2furious who drive recklessly 24/7 because imagine if insurance was cheap theyd have the biggest engine to do the most damage.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 5, 2005
UK
ok couple of things.

when you get a gr8 insurance deal on the net thats like 1k take down the quote number if your serious about getting insured because after the system give a cheap insurance quote where youve found a loop hole sorta thing they adjust and rise the price, happened to a friend they got a gd insurance price, didnt get the quote number went outside chated with parent they went straight back in and the insurance price has raised 400 pounds.

the reason insurance is sky high for yound drivers nowadays is because of twats such as 2fast2furious who drive recklessly 24/7 because imagine if insurance was cheap theyd have the biggest engine to do the most damage.
yes i agree. that is how they make there money they think because were new driver's that were going to crash. but it's mostly old people what cause the accident's but you do get the odd one like 2fast2furious which drive like total arseole's i had a motorbike accident because old person pulling out so close and i went straight up the rear.
im 700quid full comp w/ corsa sxi sport.
and how old are you how many year's no claims / UK full liencence and have you taken pass plus?

/ancient

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
yes i agree. that is how they make there money they think because were new driver's that were going to crash. but it's mostly old people what cause the accident's but you do get the odd one like 2fast2furious which drive like total arseole's i had a motorbike accident because old person pulling out so close and i went straight up the rear.

and how old are you how many year's no claims / UK full liencence and have you taken pass plus?

/ancient

well im 22 now, i got 1 year no claims and w/ a full license and no i didnt take pass plus.

Try paying my insurance on a 300Bhp+ Focus RS. It hurts my bank account.

my friend, on his 17th he had a coraddo super charged turbo, over 350bhp ... his insurance was 3.5g... beat that ;).