Peugeot 306

smoochy boys on tour

Floyd

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2004
Hope it dont break down on you.

LOL!

Try paying my insurance on a 300Bhp+ Focus RS. It hurts my bank account.

insured a 200bhp Bug for less than 500 a year :)

+ a 277bhp 200SX for 30(only a week thou haha)

---

my polo is costing me 700ish but thats due to declareing all the mods on it

as for ur stiff pedals, check the cables arnt worn, if not mayb ur pedal box is on its way out =\

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Might aswell post mine thought it was ok-ish insurance was stupid i thought but meh.

Got a Saxo Scandal on saturday last week for £1,100 987cc came with a cd player, 4 channel amp and not sure on the sub not really looked at it proper as i will be replacing it. Done 61k miles good condition.

Don't like the seats so they will be replaced aswell. Also looking todo some modifications later on.

Insurance is 667 a year but that is with only being a named driver.

Attachments

• media.jpg
    media.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 31
  • media1.jpg
    media1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 31

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
Mah, I wouldnt have recommended the SAXO tbh, you know, its a good little car in ways for a first time driver but I still think you cannot beat a CORSA. Problem now is that your a named driver, and you do not get any no claims, given if you checked confused.com you prob could have gotten third party f/t for an additional £100.. but I suppose that doesnt matter.

Also, tires look like they need replacing so its prob been raced or whatever, ignore any modifications, the seats I would say replace or put covers over, unless your into the whole racing thing but your prob just best off buying alloys.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
I did take a couple of corsa's out dan but tbh the ones around here were just complete **** with stuff that would need replacing for it to be in good condition.

It does look bad but thats why i was thinking of getting a re-spray in black with a body kit not something to aggresive but just to make it that bit better looking.

The no claims is gonna be a pain in the ass but was the only thing i could afford right now alloys will be on my list along with a body kit, new lights, better sound system, maybe a colour change and new seats and side panels in side since i started this new job i get alot of extra cash and not that much i need to pay for since i still live at home so i could do quite alot question is, will it be worth it?

I mean its only a 1.0 litre and its my first car so not quite sure wether its going to be worth while putting alot of cash into something im only really using for a while until i get something better.

Also need to consider the insurance cost after all mods are done. I was also told black increases insurance due to it being more desirable?

Floyd

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2004
slam it on its arse!!!

Picture233.jpg

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
I did take a couple of corsa's out dan but tbh the ones around here were just complete **** with stuff that would need replacing for it to be in good condition.

It does look bad but thats why i was thinking of getting a re-spray in black with a body kit not something to aggresive but just to make it that bit better looking.

The no claims is gonna be a pain in the ass but was the only thing i could afford right now alloys will be on my list along with a body kit, new lights, better sound system, maybe a colour change and new seats and side panels in side since i started this new job i get alot of extra cash and not that much i need to pay for since i still live at home so i could do quite alot question is, will it be worth it?

I mean its only a 1.0 litre and its my first car so not quite sure wether its going to be worth while putting alot of cash into something im only really using for a while until i get something better.

Also need to consider the insurance cost after all mods are done. I was also told black increases insurance due to it being more desirable?

spray costs up to a grand
kits cost up to a grand inc fitting

basically ur better off just buying two cars lol.

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
all that stuff you want to do to that saxo is bollocks tbh.

a kitted up saxo will cost you 2-4 grand on ebay, piston heads or whatever.

uve spent a grand on your car alrdy a respray on your car will cost 500-1k, 1k being a good job. a body kit 500 quid alloys 200-500.

so tbh ud be better off keeping your car getting your no claims then buying a kitted up saxo or w/e. and if you did all those things now to your car youd have to declair them onto your insurance, and then your insurance would sky rocket.

Kadama

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
West Midlands, Malvern
Just had two new low profile tires fitted to the front wheels of my car, due to the old ones being illigal from the tread - caused by my tracking! Cost me £53 each tire and i get them at retail price discounted due to a friends father being a machanic, does all the mot's n wotnot.

Getting my tracking done wednesday, costing me £10, so yeh the car had a few minor tweaks needed doing to it but apart from that its a good runner! Great ride, enjoy driving the pug 306 it feels like a nice family car, which is handy for me :)

p.s once i start getting mods for it, i'll post pictures of the progress probably in a new thread.

Kadama

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
but hes a named driver so he doesnt collect no claims bonus.

some companys allow named drivers to collect no claims, but when they insure on their own they have to insure with the same company they were a named driver.

________

kadama its funny how the smaller your tyres are and the more low profile they are the more expensive they are, the world makes no sense lol. my bro paid 26 quid for a tyre for his astra.

Kadama

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
West Midlands, Malvern
kadama its funny how the smaller your tyres are and the more low profile they are the more expensive they are, the world makes no sense lol. my bro paid 26 quid for a tyre for his astra.

My tires are 17" and they are fairly reasonable i thought, im just getting familier with cars at the moment, in some aspects you could say im a noob :P I always imagined the bigger the tyres, the higher the price.

Kadama

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
Come on now.. Why kit up a bloody peugeot... out of all the ****ing cars, its just chav, end of.. SURE, i drive a corsa but ****in hell i only got the windows tinted not wanted to put a combat kit on it..

Good cars to modify

BMW 1 or 3 series 1990-2000 (really cheap)
MGZR (if u can get a diesel)
New astra (my god its stunning)

list goes on.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Come on now.. Why kit up a bloody peugeot... out of all the ****ing cars, its just chav, end of.. SURE, i drive a corsa but ****in hell i only got the windows tinted not wanted to put a combat kit on it..

Good cars to modify

BMW 1 or 3 series 1990-2000 (really cheap)
MGZR (if u can get a diesel)
New astra (my god its stunning)

list goes on.
why a ZR Diesel? i no people who go for the Petrol are proberly going to have a bad car due to people before putting a chip in and making it go faster.
i agree New astra is aswsome.

/ancient

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
mental, when it comes to this you are foolish.

young people get small cars and kit them up when they can afford bigger better cars they move onto them.

at 18/17 its pretty hard to insure a bmw let alone a kitted up bmw.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
all that stuff you want to do to that saxo is bollocks tbh.

a kitted up saxo will cost you 2-4 grand on ebay, piston heads or whatever.

uve spent a grand on your car alrdy a respray on your car will cost 500-1k, 1k being a good job. a body kit 500 quid alloys 200-500.

so tbh ud be better off keeping your car getting your no claims then buying a kitted up saxo or w/e. and if you did all those things now to your car youd have to declair them onto your insurance, and then your insurance would sky rocket.

MentaL gave me a link to a Corsa that was modded looked awesome and if it wasnt 500 miles away it would of been my first choice, yes it may cost money to do it myself but alot of people go out and buy a car thats already been modded part of the fun is to actually do it yourself, how i see it any way.

As dan said im a named driver so until it comes up for for the next payment which will give me a years driving exp with hopefully no accidents the price should im hoping be a little lower.

As you said some companys do allow named drivers to build thier no claims direct line does but they quoted me at about 900-1000£ and tbh for a year i think i would rather pay 667 and wait until it drops abit more and just move it all over to my name.

As i say yea i cudda brought a modded saxo but i wanted to do it myself rather than pay 2-4k and change the stuff i don't like.

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
oh the other point i wanted to make is, by the time you modded it to the level you want it you'll probably want a new car, or engine. trust me youll want something bigger than 1 litre in a year or 2.

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
at 17/18 itll be more than 1g for a bmw although its a 1.6 your insuring the badge aswell as the engine. and what year 3 series? because i been in a 518 bmw 98ish and it was slow heavy and struggled to wheel spin.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Two years is along time plenty can be done but yea i won't be sticking about in a 1.0 for ever, was looking at a honda civic 1.6 got a quote for 900 was the older model but tbh dont really need anything bigger right now could just see myself getting into some trouble with a 1.6+