AceM2 - The next generation of Mir

PRIMO

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2006
Nottingham
if any of the files will b torrents when released (like the heroes client) ill add to seedbox if u give me a shout.

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
Looks great now its in english, top work

What i think you guys should do is release the first set of the source, then keep the rest private

As i see no point releasesing the final source anyways, because 99% will be useing the exes and really thats what you want

You need to be getting peeps learning to code and get more peeps intrested in mir once again

So by releaseing the first set of the source that also would be a great move foward not only exes

Also i hope you add in the missing stuff that was removed from source 0501 and 0502 and what was in 0305
like targetname, targettx, targetty, etc as i found them a great addon

They removed around 10 which is crazy , should of just left them in, but you know the chinese lol

Again nice to see lomcn back at it once again g/l

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
As long as there are coders working on it I wouldn't release the code, otherwise we'll have some custom servers reworked by coders and no one will play the standard files.

TheMasterGee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 23, 2003
It's funny we added in Mir 3 map support and I went to Bichon Wall it was crazy how empty and soulless it felt compared to the new Mir2 versions.......
Mir3 always felt like that to me, even when it first came out. Creating your character on the first days.... soulless is a good word for it.

Anywho, a question about resolutions; I know there was talk in old threads about some people hoping for a 1920x1080 possibility, including some of those who are dev'ing this. Is this abandoned cos the graphics just went too small ? Or not practical ?

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
As long as there are coders working on it I wouldn't release the code, otherwise we'll have some custom servers reworked by coders and no one will play the standard files.

Your missing the point im saying mate

Everyone got the source in august last year, the only reason your not seing is the fact the client was chinese and needed work on gui

Once lomcn release the client thats gone and expect to see custom version on this

I was sayin release to keep peeps active on lomcn

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
Your missing the point im saying mate

Everyone got the source in august last year, the only reason your not seing is the fact the client was chinese and needed work on gui

Once lomcn release the client thats gone and expect to see custom version on this

I was sayin release to keep peeps active on lomcn

LOL so we spent 8 months working on the interface? Some how I don't think so.

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
No Haz m8, the guy i quoted was under the impression releaseing the source would get peeps coding there own versions of this

I was sayin that the main reson, was the interface/windows was all chinese this is why you have not seen b4

Soon as lomcn release the english client anyone with the source are on in

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
Crazy

Really you should be getting anyone intrested in this project on the source not only exes

But that upto you guys

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
with the new light engine.

I did notice that in the screenshots, I can't help feel it is very similar to my method. I would be interested in seeing how your implementation differs from mine.

How is the FPS with all the map animations?

Stable I hope, and how have you done your text and performance issues there? (Being DirectX9 I had a few text issues)

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
We tried that experiment with Heroes (public source). It does not work, we won't be doing the same with these files.

I did notice that in the screenshots, I can't help feel it is very similar to my method. I would be interested in seeing how your implementation differs from mine.

How is the FPS with all the map animations?

Stable I hope, and how have you done your text and performance issues there?

Light Stuff is Sam's baby, he worked tirelessly to get it in. It's not perfect or complete (Still need to assign light to some New Map Light sources) but it looks amazing ingame with everything blending together.

Framerate is pretty much 60FPS locked (On both my dedicated 5650m and my Intel graphics) on my laptop. The Chinese who originally worked on the code done a pretty good job with the engine (TD might disagree but then he's never happy lol). They were a bit lazy in parts (Things like rendering maps in the wrong order but the majority is good. It runs far better than Heroes ever did.

Last edited:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Can't you release like... now?

I have the mir big at the moment and I wanna play around. So yeah, you should release now.

Jokes aside, when you release will you have a good, easy setup guide to go with it? That's one thing I liked about Ruby, Kyn made a very nice little guide to go with them.

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
Some new object screen shots.

Images24.jpg

Images25.jpg

Images26.jpg

Images27.jpg

Images28.jpg

Images32.jpg

Images33.jpg

Images34.jpg

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
wow nice files, good job lads!

makes me wanna get interested in mir again... almost :lol

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
You should implement real time shadows with your lighting too, that would be cool :P

would be rather hard to do in mir cause most of the time you're pretty equal distance away from multiple light sources
overall mir shadows are almost always facing the wrong direction if you think about it :p
so it'd look weird if you started trying to make a system that fakes them :(